Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2019, 11:38   #286
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Here is my Ameo DSG in Lapiz Blue. Love it!
Damn, when I was THIS CLOSE to finalizing on the Ameo DSG, my only dislike was the car wasn't available in this color this imo is the best color on the car. The silk blue was from the 80's and the sunset red from the facelift was a complete let down. My only option was white.Sadly was turned away from the car due to the dealer indifference and the possibility of high maintenance cost(coupled with my lack of confidence on the tech). Had to shop in a different segment.

Awesome choice nevertheless, Enjoy!

Cheers
TDCi'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 16:18   #287
BHPian

Hi VWAllstar, I will be taking the delivery of a VW Ameo DSG Highline Plus in a couple of days. It's actually a steal deal at 9.93 on road Delhi. If you could explain more about the underbody protection you've added on your car, it will be helpful for all the Ameo owners. BTW, I'm picking up white, was very keen on a Lapiz Blue, however I don't have a covered parking and you can't keep a check on the dogs and miscreants to harm your car in an open space, hence went ahead with White.

Thanks in advance.
SuperSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 16:44   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuri View Post
Hi VWAllstar, I will be taking the delivery of a VW Ameo DSG Highline Plus in a couple of days. It's actually a steal deal at 9.93 on road Delhi. If you could explain more about the underbody protection you've added on your car, it will be helpful for all the Ameo owners. BTW, I'm picking up white, was very keen on a Lapiz Blue, however I don't have a covered parking and you can't keep a check on the dogs and miscreants to harm your car in an open space, hence went ahead with White.

Thanks in advance.
An Ameo DSG Highline Plus at a price lesser than the Ameo Diesel Highline Plus MT is better than a steal mate. Wonder what made me pay more than 11 Lakhs just 6 months ago?

The underbody protector is an official accessory which costed me Rs. 18000/- I went ahead with the purchase after reading an event with another Ameo DSG owner of a stone hitting the underbody and he been charged 1.2 Lakhs for repairs.

In a recent drive to Karnataka, I drove over really bad and a lot non existent roads. The underbody took a lot of beating. The maximum damage was scratches on the underbody protection. Wish I could share the pic I had taken (deleted now) The material is hard fiber and is very reliable to hold itself for long.

White colour is good. It has a lot of modification options like blacked out roof, side decals, blacked out alloys and so forth. Easier to maintain than the Lapiz Blue colour.

Congratulations and do share pics of your new purchase.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 20th December 2019 at 16:48.
Old 20th December 2019, 20:12   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations and do share pics of your new purchase.
Thanks for the revert. I would definitely upload some pics once I take the delivery. Does the underbody protector saves the mechatronics unit as well?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 20th December 2019 at 21:28. Reason: Trimmed post in quotes for better readability. Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 23:08   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the revert. I would definitely upload some pics once I take the delivery. Does the underbody protector saves the mechatronics unit as well?
Yes. It covers the entire engine bay as well. The dealer was reluctant to give me the under body shield stating it is available for Polo / Vento but not for Ameo. Keep pestering then and they shall break.
Old 20th December 2019, 23:59   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. It covers the entire engine bay as well. The dealer was reluctant to give me the under body shield stating it is available for Polo / Vento but not for Ameo. Keep pestering then and they shall break.
Thanks. The cost is a little steep. Will think about it.
SuperSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 14:59   #292
BHPian

Re: Lucifer is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Tyagi View Post
Here are the picutures of my Volkswagen Ameo TDI which I have named Lucifer. I have driven the car for 13200 kms so far and here are a few pictures I’d like to share.
Hello Arjun,

Have you done any mods or VCDS updates on Lucifer?

Old 26th January 2020, 06:58   #293

Not yet. I’m planning to get Dieseltronic though.
Old 26th January 2020, 08:37   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Tyagi View Post
Not yet. I’m planning to get Dieseltronic though.
Please avoid. Better than that go for a good remap. If you are going for a remap/DT then also make sure to change brakes to a better one. The stock brakes are not so good and with added power you would need better braking.

Yours is relatively a new car so I would suggest keep stock till 30k kms.
Old 26th January 2020, 18:23   #295

Quote:
Please avoid. Better than that go for a good remap. If you are going for a remap/DT then also make sure to change brakes to a better one. The stock brakes are not so good and with added power you would need better braking.

Yours is relatively a new car so I would suggest keep stock till 30k kms.
Advice taken, it's already done 20K Kms. I'm still confused between Dieseltronic and getting a remap though. And yes the brakes would definitely need more bite.
Old 26th January 2020, 20:05   #296
BHPian

Quote:
The underbody protector is an official accessory which costed me Rs. 18000/- I went ahead with the purchase after reading an event with another Ameo DSG owner of a stone hitting the underbody and he been charged 1.2 Lakhs for repairs.
Can you please share the part no. of the underbody protector ?
Old 26th January 2020, 20:15   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Can you please share the part no. of the underbody protector ?
I don't have the part number. I got it fitted before delivery. You can check with the official service center for details. I paid an additional 18k but as a standalone it may cost more.
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:02   #298
BHPian

Welcome to the ameo family brother!

Even I felt that the tdi feels tractor esque. I switched to using shell( regular diesel) that smoothened the firing and the engine clatter is also noticeably less.

Suggest you Stick to coco outlet if no shell outlets are nearby.
t3ofil4us is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 18:14   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Faced another issue which is totally unexpected and unacceptable. The mirror fold/adjust knob just broke. The car in question is 6 months old and done only 3600 kms. Is this covered under warranty?
VW ASS denying giving reason warranty is only for parts gone bad and not for parts which brakes. Is this true?

Attachment 2029656

Attachment 2029657

Attachment 2029658

Attachment 2029659

Attachment 2029660
i doubt if this can be claimed under warranty. Further, it might be difficult to get this knob only from any volkswagen service center. they will probably have to get the whole button assembly on the door changed as the full button console might only be coming as one spare. Depending on your location, you can try looking for local mechanics and garages, in case they have some old car somewhere and the knob can be taken from it.
Old 8th August 2020, 13:32   #300
BHPian

While travelling on the highway in our Hyundai Verna 1.6D, a VW Ameo TDi was coming along for about 25Kms.

We eventually encountered a speed breaker and we started side by side and both floored peddle to the metal. It was at this moment that i came to know that VW Ameo is so fast that it almost kept up with the fastest diesel of C segment (since this is out right acceleration) with only a 10 meters of difference upto the 100 Km/h.

We have stopped later at a same place and greeted each other and praised about the pull of both the cars.

Most Viewed