Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2016, 13:29   #91
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review

As someone with little to no experience with base models, I thought I would ask.

Source

If nothing on there indicates anything about fuel consumption how are you supposed to know if you don't have enough fuel? Am I missing something here and if so can someone with the trendline variant or one who has driven it, shed some light on it? Would be greatly appreciated.
Old 18th September 2016, 00:10   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
I guess, I should ask him to replace them asap. What do you guys think?
There are rubber cups behind the bulb to seal it. See to that they are snugly fit. Also the indicator bulb moves in either clockwise/anticlockwise directoin to tighten it up.

After performing the above, use the headlights for sometime and most probably the fogging will go away.

If it still persists, which I doubt; ask for replacement under warranty.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 00:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
There are rubber cups behind the bulb to seal it. See to that they are snugly fit. Also the indicator bulb moves in either clockwise/anticlockwise directoin to tighten it up.

After performing the above, use the headlights for sometime and most probably the fogging will go away.
Shouldn't the headlamp be heated with a hair dryer or something before tightening the seal? Else the moisture will be trapped inside and will never go away.
Old 18th September 2016, 00:27   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Shouldn't the headlamp be heated with a hair dryer or something before tightening the seal? Else the moisture will be trapped inside and will never go away.
Its not 100% air tight. No need use any dryer. Just use car in night for sometime and moisture will go away due to the heat of headlight bulbs.
Old 24th September 2016, 18:54   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Ameo diesel launch on September 27th.

Quote:
The updated engine features a new locally sourced and larger turbocharger that should bump power to 110hp. With the emission scandal around the VW diesels, this update will also include elements to ensure that the engine meets the emission levels comfortably.

The diesel Ameo will also be available in all three trim levels – Trendline, Comfortline and Highline. Unlike its petrol sibling, the diesel Ameo will be available with a choice of a manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox. Equipment levels are expected to carry over unchanged from the petrol sibling.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th September 2016 at 18:57.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 19:22   #96
BHPian

Thankyou Volkman, that's great news. Regarding Diesel Ameo I was told they have bookings since May. Was also told there's an official 2 months waiting list on the Trendline petrol in Delhi. While comfortline and highline can be readily available.

Went there to clear my doubts regarding my earlier post here about mid and fuel indicator not being there. Got told that while Ameo Trendline does not have an MID, it does have the fuel indicator from it.
Old 26th September 2016, 16:39   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Bookings for the Ameo diesel are now open for a token amount of Rs 10,000/-, ahead of it's official launch tomorrow. (link)
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 18:53   #98
Senior - BHPian

What are the odds of a 3 pot diesel engine?

My intuition, it might be a 3-pot diesel to avoid the dieselgate controversy.
Old 26th September 2016, 19:08   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
What are the odds of a 3 pot diesel engine?

My intuition, it might be a 3-pot diesel to avoid the dieselgate controversy.
They moved out of the 3 pot diesel in late 2014 itself. Would not make sense to go back to it now. I highly doubt it would be a 3 pot as it would literally kill the product at launch since all of the other competition has relatively refined 4 pot engines. If they want to succeed they would be hard pressed to continue with the existing 1.5 tdi mill.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 19:12   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the Ameo App and was casually browsing today to see if there is any info about the diesel Ameo. When I downloaded the brochure, to my surprise it had the 1.5 diesel listed. Not too much details, but shows the DSG variant available in Comfortline and highline variants. Snapshot below.

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-ameonewdiesel.jpg

The App directed to this particular site for the brochure: http://techsolution.gaadi.com/api/am...O-brochure.pdf. The actual date at the end of the brochure shows May 2016. But seems too much of a coincidence considering this comes from the official app and the diesel launch is tomorrow.

Seems to be a lapse on the technical team side, was able to browse other contents on this site, but could not find more info. Maybe technical web experts can dig around and see.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th September 2016 at 19:15.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 21:11   #101
BHPian

Was wondering why would an official app transfer a user to a private site and not VW India?
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 22:46   #102
Senior - BHPian

The usage of the 1.5 tdi might cannibalize the sales of polo, assuming the diesel Ameo would be priced competitively, similar to the petrols. Additionally, the tax benefit for engines less than 1200cc would remain unexploited.

IMHO, the 1.2 tdi is an underrated engine. Surprisingly, the interior NVH levels are fairly low in contrast to the coarse exterior noise. This would never be a deal breaker for an aggressively priced car.
Old 26th September 2016, 23:12   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India tweets:

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 00:15   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Autocar India tweets:
Its about time all brands (specially VW/Skoda) stop teasing their arrivals 2 centuries before release, VW will get it for their Ameo publicity as did Skoda with their Superb. Engine specs (speculations and specifications both), power output numbers, why even fuel efficiency is publicised, only to not release the product.

Adding nitrous to this speculation fire are the carparazzi and journos snapping photos of "tents" moving with 4 wheels below them yet the guessing games never stop. This is a major marketing and PR disaster if everything doesn't go according to plan from that point on. Bollywood does the same mistake pushing publicity and scandals far too much prior to the movie release and if the movie doesn't live up they've had it.

As far as VWAG goes, they're trying everything in the book to push diesels down the throat of buyers, since their smaller petrol engines are all either automatics costing a bomb or extremely weak manual geared ones. Now with diesels launching late they're only confusing the potential buyers more and more.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:21   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Additionally, the tax benefit for engines less than 1200cc would remain unexploited.
The tax benefit of 1200cc engines is for petrol motors. For diesel it is 1500cc or less so the diesel should already be getting the tax benefit.

The postponement of the Ameo TDI launch is not a good move. Festive season is as good a time as any since most people buy during this time. No reasons mentioned i suppose for this postponement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks