Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 16:09   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review

According to OnCars sources, the launch of the Ameo diesel has been postponed to Friday, September 30th or in the first week of October.

Quote:
While media reports suggested that the car will be launched today, our sources close to the company have confirmed that the Volkswagen Ameo diesel will be launched in India either on Friday (30th September 2016) or early next week that is first week of October 2016.

The source has also confirmed to us that it would be a soft launch and Volkswagen India will send across a press release to all the media houses regarding the same.
Old 27th September 2016, 17:55   #107
BHPian

Happened to see on on road today and my impression just as the pictures, not worthy to be called a VW car. And I don't expect too many people buying this car as I think a typical VW customer is someone who likes good looking cars and this ain't one.
Old 29th September 2016, 01:04   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Birdies are chirping a Rs 6.4L-8.3L introductory price range for the Ameo TDI range.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 06:25   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdies are chirping a Rs 6.4L-8.3L introductory price range for the Ameo TDI range.
Pretty aggressive pricing if it actually turns out like that. In line with the Petrol pricing strategy where it was priced on par / less than the Polo. But if I am not mistaken, the Ameo tdi is expected to come with the 105 bhp tune. Pricing a more powerful Ameo same as the Polo seems strange.If they do it, probably an indication that they want the Ameo to be successful at any cost..

Assume the dsg variants will not fall into the above band. Would be way too aggressive.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 07:14   #110
BHPian

What I'm interested in is will this be huge issue for Figo twins. When I drove the figo, the only thing it had going for it was the diesel engine. With the gearbox / build quality ameo has coupled with the rumored 105bhp engine, I find it very hard to justify anything else in the price range. Can't forget ABS + Airbags as standard with a chassis that can actually withstand crashes and doesn't crumble everywhere.

Very excited to see how aggressive their prices turn out to be
Old 29th September 2016, 10:58   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

But if I am not mistaken, the Ameo tdi is expected to come with the 105 bhp tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post

With the gearbox / build quality ameo has coupled with the rumored 105bhp engine, I find it very hard to justify anything else in the price range.
I think we have been hearing/reading **Rumours** about VW revamping their 1.5 TDI engines across the range to produce 110BHP.

So in all earnest, I think:

- Regular Polo TDI's will continue with the 90 BHP & 230 NM setup.
- Ameo TDI and GT TDI will have the updated 110 BHP & 250 NM (?) setup, with Ameo probably getting the DSG as a differentiator.
- Vento will have the same 110 BHP & 250 NM TDI with DSG and other "Desirable" updates.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 29th September 2016 at 10:59.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 11:36   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post
What I'm interested in is will this be huge issue for Figo twins. When I drove the figo, the only thing it had going for it was the diesel engine. With the gearbox / build quality ameo has coupled with the rumored 105bhp engine, I find it very hard to justify anything else in the price range. Can't forget ABS + Airbags as standard with a chassis that can actually withstand crashes and doesn't crumble everywhere.

Very excited to see how aggressive their prices turn out to be
+1. Honestly, this might only affect the Ford's , the already dwindling sales can only worsen, as the enthusiasts might then prefer the VW. If that is the case, VW can expect a sales of around 1500(maximum) cars/month.
On the other hand, Ford might be forced into another price revision.

The rest would still continue buy the Dzire/Swift/Baleno/Brezza/I20, they would remain unshaken.
Old 29th September 2016, 13:04   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Assume the dsg variants will not fall into the above band. Would be way too aggressive.
Nope, these are for the regular TL/CL/HL 1.5L TDI variants.

Trying to get the DSG variant prices. Will update by evening.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 15:47   #114
BHPian

Ameo Diesel launched with 110 PS 1.5 L diesel engine.
MT range has a starting price of 6.27 lakhs
and 7-Speed DSG range starts at 8.41 lakhs
Ex-Mumbai

MT range includes Trendline, Comfortline and Highline variants while DSG range includes top 2 variants only.

Last edited by DriveOnceMore : 30th September 2016 at 15:48.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 16:05   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkwagen silently launches the Ameo Diesel - The Ameo diesel is available in three trim levels – Trendline, Comfortline and Highline – with equipment shared with its petrol sibling already on sale.

The diesel compact sedan is priced from Rs 6.33 lakh to Rs 9.32 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and is the first car from the VW Group in India to feature the updated 110hp 1.5-litre diesel engine. On the safety front, all variants get dual airbags as standard.

The motor comes paired a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard and a 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox is available as well with the autobox offering a claimed fuel efficiency of 21.73kmpl

Manual Transmission
Trendline – Rs 6,33,600
Comfortline – Rs 7,35,150
Highline – Rs 8,16,900

Automatic Transmission
Comfortline – Rs 8,50,150
Highline – Rs 9,31,900

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-capture.jpg

As standard, the Ameo comes with a five-speed manual transmission but for the first time in the compact sedan segment, buyers also get the option of a seven-speed dual-clutch unit. This gearbox is available only on the top-two trim

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th September 2016 at 16:19.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 16:58   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Manual Transmission
Trendline – Rs 6,33,600
Comfortline – Rs 7,35,150
Highline – Rs 8,16,900

Automatic Transmission
Comfortline – Rs 8,50,150
Highline – Rs 9,31,900
Compared to the Polo TDI

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-poloprice.jpg

Wow, that is super aggressive pricing compared to the Polo TDI. Cheaper than the Polo TDI across the range? The Highline 110bhp DSG is almost equally priced as the Manual GT TDI and also the Polo GT TSI. How are they doing that?

That Comfortline TDI DSG at 8.5L is on par with the Zest AMT XTA and cheaper than the Dzire ZDI AMT. These two will have some more features, but in return you get stuff like Hill Hold, ESP and a far superior gearbox with a class leading performance. Still wondering if there is something wrong in the DSG pricing that they have released.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 30th September 2016 at 17:07.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 17:07   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Compared to the Polo TDI

Wow, that is super aggressive pricing compared to the Polo TDI. Cheaper than the Polo TDI across the range? The Highline 110bhp DSG is almost equally priced as the Manual GT TDI. How are they doing that?
This is very aggressive pricing from VW. Ameo is made in India and for India.They have invested 720 Cr to setup the production line. In my view they have done heavy localisation which is why the prices seems to be value for money.

Anyone who has already bought the petrol model can comment if there is anything that has been compromised as per VW standards.
Old 30th September 2016, 17:11   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Compared to the Polo TDI

Wow, that is super aggressive pricing compared to the Polo TDI. Cheaper than the Polo TDI across the range?
Expect a revision in the Polo GT TDI pricing shortly too. (enhanced localisation levels with its use of an India-sourced turbocharger)

Quote:
You can expect this engine to make its way to VW’s Polo GT TDI and Vento as well as the facelifted Skoda Rapid that is due to be launched soon
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-403137.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th September 2016 at 17:24.
Old 30th September 2016, 17:35   #119
Senior - BHPian

Is there any reference thread for the upkeep costs of a Polo/Ameo? What would be approx. cost for every service?

The price of Trendline version with ABS & Airbags is just too alluring. Is it worth buying under 8-lakh considering poor resale and costly spares/maintenance.
Old 30th September 2016, 19:08   #120

Booked an Ameo 1.2 in white today. took a test drive on Wednesday and didn't bother with any of the Japs or Koreans. It felt well built, had good dynamics, decent comfort and adequate power. The gruff nature of the engine is something I think I can live with if the fuel economy is good.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-imag0101.jpg  

L-Head is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks