Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 22:49   #76
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review

Thanks to Vivek Jain for sharing pics of this Ameo TDI caught at Nagar Road, Pune. Lots of test cars running around. Since VW is testing it so much, let's just hope that the rumours of enhanced horsepower (from the 1.5L) are true.

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-img_3504.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 23:39   #77
BHPian

I found a Ameo standing next to me at the fuel pump while I was getting petrol. I immediately got out of the car to check the Ameo out. I asked the sales assistant to open the back door so I could jump in and find out what all the fuss about cramped rear seats was. Contrary to the impression I had, the rear seats had adequate leg room. I hardly ever sit in the back seat, heck, I can't remember the last time I did. So maybe that could be the reason that I had nothing to really compare it to. But the rear leg room seemed adequate to me.
Old 12th August 2016, 23:48   #78
Senior - BHPian

After seeing the Ameo in real life today, in a premium looking bronze colour, I must admit it is not really bad like I expected after looking at the pictures, maybe the Ameo is not very photogenic. But even then, I would still prefer a Polo over the Ameo.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 08:43   #79
BHPian

Does VW plan to launch any Automatica transmission on the Ameo in the near future? I would love a TSI+DSG but even a old school Automatic will do at this point.
Old 20th August 2016, 09:30   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Does VW plan to launch any Automatica transmission on the Ameo in the near future? I would love a TSI+DSG but even a old school Automatic will do at this point.
The tdi dsg is confirmed and should be available when the diesel variants launch later this year. No plans for a tsi dsg atleast in the near future.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 10:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The tdi dsg is confirmed and should be available when the diesel variants launch later this year. No plans for a tsi dsg atleast in the near future.
Thanks. I really need a Petrol automatic, I am so done with the Diesel clatter
Old 27th August 2016, 14:59   #82
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I saw my first Ameo just now. In that Golden Browny Brown colour.
The first and only impression created in my head, was the silly little disproportionate boot.
It looks simply stupid.

VW Polo is such a good looking car. Why did the fools up top have to go and spoil it?
But the "damned Indian mentality" is all to blame for this dunderheaded slew of "Compact Sedans" or "Cut Short" cars as I like euphemise them...

So much better to get one's self a larger luxe hatch that a damfool "neither here nor there" type of half baked sedan ish thing....
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 15:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

That's what happened when Swift was 'DeZired'.! The sub 4 meter curse has been the cause for many such ugly back sides i.e., Xcent, DeZire, Aspire to name a few.!
Old 27th August 2016, 20:05   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

There can be a sub-4 metre good looking sedan. There have been a few I guess. The problem craves in when engineers do it to a current hatch which is already bordering around the 4 metre mark. This is where dis-proportionate design comes from. It's more of cost saving as it saves designing and manufacturing cost of an entirely new car.

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 27th August 2016 at 20:06.
Old 28th August 2016, 08:07   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I saw my first Ameo just now. In that Golden Browny Brown colour.
The first and only impression created in my head, was the silly little disproportionate boot.
It looks simply stupid.
Coincidentally I also saw my first Ameo yesterday. This one was the blue shade. So looks like they are actually selling a few inspite of the fact that buying it over the nice looking Polo makes no sense.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 12:01   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Coincidentally I also saw my first Ameo yesterday. This one was the blue shade. So looks like they are actually selling a few inspite of the fact that buying it over the nice looking Polo makes no sense.
I've seen them in blue as well. My only guess as someone who is a big fan of the polo is some might've fallen for that blue silk color itself and decided to make the sacrifice of living with a stubby boot. Atleast I wouldn't even take a second look at the car if it wasn't for the blue silk not being offered in the polo itself.

Can only imagine how striking that would look on a polo. Ah if only
Old 11th September 2016, 13:27   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

A convoy of Ameo TDIs was caught on camera during a midnight run by a Thrust Zone spy.

The test mules were apparently running at extremely high speeds.

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-volkswagenameodieselspottedtesting1.jpg

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-volkswagenameodieselspottedtesting3.jpg

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-volkswagenameodieselspottedtesting8.jpg

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-volkswagenameodieselspottedtesting16.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 19:30   #88
BHPian

A colleague bought a VW AMEO Petrol version today. Took a short test-drive. Upon noticing the car closely, I saw fogging in both the headlights due to slight drizzle. Is this normal to all Ameos or just this an exception? I guess, I should ask him to replace them asap. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-wp_20160914_19_20_59_pro.jpg  

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-wp_20160914_19_21_07_pro.jpg  

Old 14th September 2016, 21:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
A colleague bought a VW AMEO Petrol version today. Took a short test-drive. Upon noticing the car closely, I saw fogging in both the headlights due to slight drizzle. Is this normal to all Ameos or just this an exception? I guess, I should ask him to replace them asap. What do you guys think?
I don't think this problem has been recorded in the Polo so I wonder if it is due to the new front bumper that the headlamp isn't the correct fit anymore?
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 22:02   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
It's definitely a defect. Try getting it replaced by warranty ASAP. You can start by lodging a complaint to VW Helpline. Keep a note of the complaint number which they give as you can take the case up with higher authorities in case the local dealer decides to have some unnecessary fun.
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed