Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2019, 14:02   #181
KMT
BHPian

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review

Today a yellow one with KL reg has come up on olx for 45, its in Mumbai.
KMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 14:32   #182
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Ashish Gupta for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Sucks to see such a serious problem! That said, I appreciate that Ford has replaced the engine (instead of repairing it).

An email written to Ford India's MD:
Quote:
To

Anurag Mehrotra

Ford India

Sub: Ford Mustang GT No. HR 29A XXXX currently parked at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon

I want to bring to your notice a very unfortunate, embarrassing and unexpected mess caused. This has so happened when I am probably the first person to book a Mustang GT & probably the first person to purchase your only premium segment sports car in North India.

The series of events that occurred are as follows:

I am a member of various sports car/ supercar clubs and was invited by one Cannonball club for a small event at Noida on 16th February.

I was on my way to Noida along with other supercars of my club, mates and friends. This was the first time I was driving the Mustang after quite a while. The engine suddenly started releasing thick smoke and broke down while I was on my way. The whole cavalcade had to halt there creating an unwanted & embarrassing situation for me. I then called upon the landline of Harpreet Ford there & then where I was informed by the concerned that GM is in a meeting and that he will talk in a while.

I would have never expected that a car would break down in such a manner when it has not even crossed 10K Kms.

I asked my staff to call a flatbed tow truck and send the car to Harpreet Ford the very same day. I received a call after a while from a service advisor that they would let me know the status of the car the next day. On 18th Feb, I received a call from a service advisor Mr. Surinder who raised a few queries and I replied to the same.

To my utter surprise, I was informed that the head gasket of the car has is damaged and taking into cognizance the segment, mileage & condition of the car, Harpreet Ford would raise the matter with Ford officials.

On 20th, the GM at Harpreet Ford called saying that the company will bear 75% of the total cost of repair viz Rs. 16 Lakhs. I then wrote to them to send the quotation via email, which I received on 21st Feb. The quotation revealed that approx 35 parts of the engine needed to be replaced, including the gasket. I was being assured by Mr. John that the faulted engine will be replaced by a brand new CBU packed engine only. I sent my consent to Harpreet Ford on the same day, specifically mentioning 4 conditions in the email reproduced as follows:

1. That the faulty engine/ parts shall not be repaired and reused in my vehicle.

2. The engine should be replaced by a brand new seal-packed CBU engine only.

3. The faulty engine/ parts shall not be dismantled/ shifted from your workshop until and unless I take the delivery of my car after repair, and unless I have been shown the parts so removed from my car for my satisfaction.

4. Also kindly intimate a tentative/ approximate time period required to do the replacement of engine and tentative date of delivery. As per the conversation, I have been intimated that the vehicle shall be delivered approx 14 days after my approval.

Following this, I received an email from Harpreet Ford through Mr. John on 22/2/19 reproduced as ”As discussed, we will not repair any items in your vehicle and will go with replacement as per the estimate shared. The engine will be supplied by FIL in a sealed box and you can check the packing once it is received at our end and also verify the replaced parts before taking delivery to your satisfaction. We have ordered the parts yesterday itself and ETA will be shared today.

Thanks & Regards

JOHN”

Yesterday i.e. 05/03/2019, I received information via a phone call from Harpreet Ford that the engine has already been replaced, ignoring the terms & conditions as mentioned while granting my consent for repair.

Last edited by GTO : 6th March 2019 at 14:34.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 12:36   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Ashish Gupta for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Sucks to see such a serious problem! That said, I appreciate that Ford has replaced the engine (instead of repairing it).

Should such a issue not be covered in the engine warranty ? Why is the customer being asked to bear 25% of the cost?
Mr. Nobody is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 12:42   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Strange that they wanted him to pay 25% of the costs. A friends Mustang in Mumbai also had a similar issue, and Ford replaced his engine. In his car, which had done less than 5k kms, the coolant and engine oil were mixing.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:07   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Should such a issue not be covered in the engine warranty ? Why is the customer being asked to bear 25% of the cost?
Probably due to the no of KM run - Replacement + depreciation.

I could be wrong
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 12:04   #186
BHPian

How is Ford handling this BS6 change? From what I understand the current Mustangs are BS4 only.
If they still have some BS4 stocks left over, they might be going for a steal of a deal!
Old 6th May 2020, 01:04   #187
Senior - BHPian

Ford Performance is offering a kit for the 2018–2020 Ford Mustang GT that boosts power and torque.

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-smartselect_20200506010122_chrome.jpg

It adds 19 horsepower and 18 lb-ft to the 5.0-liter V-8, bringing the totals to 479 hp and 448 lb-ft of torque.

It costs $1275 before installation and comes with a warranty if installed by a Ford dealership or certified technician.

The kit includes a cold air intake and the upgraded throttle body from the Mustang Bullitt, along with an adapter for that throttle body. It also comes with a software recalibration kit that plugs in to the OBD-II port and is said to improve throttle response and change the shift mapping for the 10-speed automatic transmission (the kit is available for both manual-transmission and automatic-transmission Mustang GTs).

Ford Performance cold air intake
87mm throttle body M-9926-M50B
Throttle Body Adapter M-9474-M5087
Pro Cal 4 calibration delivery tool M-12655-F

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-smartselect_20200506005739_chrome.jpg

Calibrations are for US and Canadian vehicles only.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...rformance-kit/
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 12:06   #188
Senior - BHPian

Drove the Mustang in Mumbai yesterday. While the car is certainly a looker, I felt that it was really really impractical to use in India, where there are a lot of speed breakers and potholes. We were crawling in Mumbai traffic worrying about the underbody or the bumpers scraping.

The exhaust note is very very good though!
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:00   #189
BHPian

Is Mustang face-lifted really coming to India in 2021? Please share any information.
Old 2nd January 2021, 18:32   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambodara View Post
Is Mustang face-lifted really coming to India in 2021? Please share any information.

According to Ford Mustang boss, Jim Owens. The Mustang will see one more generation at least, and is expected to get:
- A 6.8L V8
- AWD
- Launched in 2022
There could be a few more changes, but largely it should retain the iconic look

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-20210102_183046.jpg

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-20210102_183053.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 11:27   #191
Senior - BHPian

Shelby GT Mustang Arrives For 2021 With Up To 700 HP (American Markets)

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-shelby-1.png

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-shelby-2.png

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-shelby-3.png

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-shelby-4.png

Quote:
Shelby American has released pricing details and technical specifications for the 2021 Shelby GT Mustang.

Anyone who owns a Ford Mustang from the 2018 model year onwards can head to Shelby American for the modifications or if they’d prefer, they can purchase a modified Mustang directly from Shelby itself. Pricing for the package starts at $24,995 while a fully-built Shelby GT is offered from $62,310.

From a visual standpoint, Shelby has equipped the Mustang GT with a unique hood that incorporates vents, staggered-width 20-inch wheels, Shelby-spec tires, a unique upper front grille, bespoke side rockers and rocker wings, a unique rear spoiler, Le Mans-style striping, driver and passenger side stripes, distinctive emblems and badges, leather seat covers, and embroidered floor mats.

Under the hood, Shelby has equipped the Mustang with a new Borla exhaust system, increasing power from the 5.0-liter naturally-aspirated V8 to 480 hp. If that’s not enough for customers, Shelby can also fit the V8 with a Ford Performance supercharger that increases power to 700 raging ponies.

A number of other performance upgrades have been made. For example, the Shelby GT includes new springs and sway bars co-developed with Ford Performance, although customers can also opt for a unique Penske track suspension system. Other optional extras include a Brembo brake upgrade that includes six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers and enlarged rotors. Ford Mustang GT Convertible models can also be fitted with the same Speedster roof as the flagship Shelby Super Snake.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 06:53   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

The quintessential Mustang driver captured in their natural habitat doing their thing.

Crash the Mustang - Check
Selfie with the crash - Check

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-300999575_1521530861699237_2827971810701232853_n.jpg

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-301039597_1521530828365907_6013808715706707164_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/southcoastN...1530521699271/
kiku007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 11:51   #193

Touched 42 thousand kilometres in my Ford Mustang.

Points I’d like to share:

1) Five and a half years old and still no rattle in the interior (I think the materials might not be exotic but it sure is built to last).

2) Tyres and brakes don’t last long if you drive regularly on the highway - 5 to 6 thousand kilometres maximum.

3) It’s pretty usable apart from the fact the turning radius affects its usability more than its ground clearance (U-turns, tight space parking).

4) Availability of XP95 and Power 95 have been a boon and one does not require fuel additives anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-img_0206.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 14th November 2023 at 18:00. Reason: Spacing, punctuation
Thegreyghost006 is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 21:38   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreyghost006 View Post

Points I’d like to share:

1) Five and a half years old and still no rattle in the interior (I think the materials might not be exotic but it sure is built to last).

A very close friend of mine here owns a Mustang since last five years. He got it new too, and the car still feels as good as new. It is an automatic and the car has been very reliable so far.

We have done some long distance trips and the rest seat isn't as bad as it looks from outside.

I love Ford's and a Mustang with the manual transmission is high on my list.
Mr.Ogre is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 21:47   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreyghost006 View Post
Going by the hood, I think I have seen your Mustang during my college days. Do post some more pictures of your Red beauty.

IIRC there was another one in Vellore too.

Most Viewed