Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 17:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review

Fantastic Review Aditya

When was the RHD version launched globally? If I am not wrong actor Saif Ali Khan has one one which was converted into an RHD.

Further, as Karan mentioned, a manual transmission would have been the icing on the cake, especially, with the negative review that the automatic has received.

This is a sad sight. Rusting around the fuel cap on a new car?

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-fordmustang04.jpg
SnS_12 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 18:14   #17
BHPian

Fantastic Review

Mustang in that Grey shade look menacing, and the red is too hot

I hope, one day, Ford will plan to make Mustangs in India and export, giving us few in proper price tag

I don't think the owners who buys one now will sell them so easily after 3 years
Asish_VK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 19:00   #18
BHPian

One of the most awaited reviews!

Always been a big fan of the classic Mustang (Yay, two of my posts are featured in the classic Mustang space. Also my profile picture!). I am quite glad that some design cues in the newer model have been inspired from the 60s.

However two things do disappoint me and I am guessing almost everyone here:

1. The Price:
~80L OTR? Really? Come on Ford! Even you know it's not an 80L car. The overall build quality and the fact that it's still a Mustang makes me feel that its overpriced. I am guessing 65L OTR price tag would have been good value for money. I am still guessing it'll be sold like hot cakes, because MUSTANG HAI BOSS :P

2. No manual transmission:
What can I say that already hasn't been said before regarding this? Ford, if you get a good response can we please please please get a manual transmission too?

Last edited by Impala59 : 18th August 2016 at 19:01.
Impala59 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 20:56   #19
BHPian

Excellent review Aditya! Gemballa's inputs only make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

I believe that Ford has got the pricing right, as if they would have launched it under 50L then it would have gotten too affordable and become common. Even with this 65L pricing it will be sold out im sure.
You can say that again! The first lot is already sold out. There are a lot of people around who wish to own something exclusive. Until the Mustang becomes common, this category of people will continue buying it.

Last edited by SDP : 19th August 2016 at 09:16. Reason: Minor typo
amansanc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 21:29   #20
Team-BHP Support

Brilliant, no where else can you get an actual user's input!!!

Anyway - here is what a friend of mine picked up recently

Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT : Official Review-mustang.jpg
ajmat is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 21:56   #21
BHPian

Awesome review. Even more amazing is the fact that you lot were able to review it so quickly. But I can't help but stare in pure jealousy as with everyone else who doesn't live in Mumbai or Delhi.

Speaking to the Ford sales representatives, they have been instructed to not sell the car outside their respective places. Mumbai, thane and Delhi region only. You are to buy the car and register in the address in one of these places, and then you are free to take it wherever you like. This is nearly impossible for someone like me who lives in neither places. By the time it'll have come to other cities, which i feel is closer to 2018, the cars may have over run the roads.

Apparently, 4000 units are allotted till 2018, as what a SR said on a phone call. Not sure how true this is, but thought id mention it nonetheless.
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 22:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

I've already seen a red one on the streets of Goa. Was driving so could not click a snap. I guess they have already delivered quite a few all over the country.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 23:12   #23
BHPian

Pure rush of adrenalin and excitement is all iam having right now after going through this thread. Thanks a ton for this awesome review. I wish chevy will bring in camaro to indian market so that we will have atleast a small competition between these two legends. The only car i could compare with mustang is camaro. I can't even think of any other models other than these two which brings so much of emotion, excitement and automobile spirit to any petrolheads.
highwaypatrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 23:23   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
This is a sad sight. Rusting around the fuel cap on a new car?

Attachment 1543467
Zoom in buddy, it's just dirt accumulated on the bottom.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 09:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Earlier in 2016, the Mustang emerged as the best selling sports car in Germany
This must be the first time an American car has achieved this on German soil. Goes to show the effort Ford have taken for the latest iteration of the Mustang.

Quote:
While there aren't rough edges anywhere, the quality (especially that of the plastics) is disappointing at this price point.
Sure is. Some of the plastics visible in pictures, don't suggest that they are superior to the plastic quality found on lower priced Ford's sold in India. The Endeavour appears to have a better appointed interior.

Quote:
Both sunvisors get vanity mirrors with lids & lights
I feel good. Looks identical to the one found on my Fiat.

The Mustang has a look that is probably gonna make you sh*t bricks if you see one in your rear view mirror.

To me, the one feature that no other car can come close to is the noise a Mustang makes, even when its idling. You can rig any German or Japanese car with whatever exhaust you want but they all sound like two cats mating. I am not sure which model it was (Most likely the 2010), it had Shelby written around that circle. I saw one idle and take off gradually from a traffic light. The car must have been fitted with a after market exhaust. Oh my god, the note of the engine idling was music to my ears. I was praying for a longer wait at that traffic light. Even as the car gradually took off, it had that deep growl. Can't imagine the noise on full tap.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 09:52   #26
BHPian

Great Review Adithya.

The Icon is finally here, yes its overpriced but comparing this with Germans may not be right. Suddenly the Germans feels VFM

This is unique in its own right, it can provide bling factor like no other Germans in that segment, all-in-all India finally gets a due of the hero, many enthusiasts childhood poster is now reality.

Last edited by GTO : 19th August 2016 at 13:46. Reason: typo
slamnos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 11:36   #27
BHPian

If someone is too in a hurry to own a preowned mustang There's already one used Mustang for sale in big boy toyz

P.s. Just 800 kms :P

https://m.facebook.com/BBToyz/photos...86361885647019

Last edited by gaurav.kokra : 19th August 2016 at 11:50.
gaurav.kokra is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 11:41   #28

Nice review, and to the point.

Just getting goosebumps to have the iconic model in India and hats off to Ford for the brilliant move. Ford has truly realized the presence of car enthusiasts in India and has been bringing in the driver's cars. It was the Mondeo back then, and this time it is the Mustang!

The galloping horse in the front, has been in the hearts of enthusiasts for years, and is now ready to write the legacy story for India.

On the pricing front, I feel the hefty import duties levied on CBU imports is the key factor to drive the pricing towards north. In addition to that, the shipping costs, SG& A, overhead & (fat)Margin and other costs involved makes me feel the price tag somehow acceptable. But the German machines are sure to give a second thought for a potential Mustang buyer.

Anyways, way to go Ford!
Wanderlust89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 11:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust89 View Post

On the pricing front, I feel the hefty import duties levied on CBU imports is the key factor to drive the pricing towards north. In addition to that, the shipping costs, SG& A, overhead & (fat)Margin and other costs involved makes me feel the price tag somehow acceptable. But the German machines are sure to give a second thought for a potential Mustang buyer.

Anyways, way to go Ford!
This is a simple case of Ford price gouging us. To give you an example - the Mustang GT 5.0 V8 starts at 33995 GBP in UK and the Volvo S60 T6 starts at 34995 GBP.

Both are imported as CBUs to India. If you compare the local prices, the S60 T6 is 42 lac ex showroom while the Mustang GT is 65 lac ex showroom. Go figure!
reignofchaos is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 12:29   #30
BHPian

I feel like crying for it. I am straightaway going to change my prayers to "God, please make me wealthy enough to afford a mustang".

Money CAN buy you happiness (sigh).
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed