Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2018, 13:17   #61
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: BIHAR
Posts: 2,050
Thanked: 4,488 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

What is the real world mileage of a Petrol Automatic Creta and Diesel Automatic Creta? My sister is looking for an automatic transmission vehicle, Creta is first preference. Average monthly running will be around 1000-1200kms with occasional highway trips. Why considering both? Because she intends to keep the car for atleast 6-7 years and for ownership over that period, diesel has a little advantage considering fuel costs and mileage.
BoneCollector is offline  
Old 5th June 2018, 18:48   #62
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 264
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
What is the real world mileage of a Petrol Automatic Creta and Diesel Automatic Creta?
Petrol: 8-10
Diesel: 9-12ish

City conditions depending on how you drive.

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 5th June 2018 at 18:49.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 14:37   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 264
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Anyone who has an idea
regarding
-3rd free service cost
-3rd year insurance?
rayjaycleoful is offline  
Old 13th October 2018, 16:54   #64
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 30
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Hello everyone,

Just saw this pre worshipped car, do advise if it seems like a good deal :

Hyundai Creta
1.6 VTVT AT SX Plus
Petrol Automatic (Top End)
Reg Year : Nov, 2016.
Colour: Red + White & Black upper part with Strips
Owner : 1st (Individual)
KMS : 19200
Price Expected : 10.90 L

Interior :
1. Designer Seat Covers
2. Door LED

Exterior :
1. Red + White & Black upper part with strips
2. Chrome Fixed

Safety : 6 airbags
Aviationshark is offline  
Old 13th October 2018, 18:01   #65
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: BIHAR
Posts: 2,050
Thanked: 4,488 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviationshark View Post
Hyundai Creta
1.6 VTVT AT SX Plus
Petrol Automatic (Top End)


Safety : 6 airbags
Just for your information, Creta Petrol Automatic never came with 6 airbags nor it does now. So kindly see the car.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 15:50   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 30
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Just for your information, Creta Petrol Automatic never came with 6 airbags nor it does now. So kindly see the car.
You are absolutely correct and thank you for letting me know. I have decided to not go ahead as having a gamut of safety features is the most important thing when I'm buying a car for my wife.
Aviationshark is offline  
Old 9th February 2019, 23:19   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 264
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

While driving the creta petrol AT overtime I've learnt that there's a way to use engine braking. While approaching a turn / stop, leaving off the accelerator results in an eventual downshift when the speeds drop too low for a gear, meanwhile a very light foot on the brakes ( just enough for the brake lights to turn on) results in a more aggressive hence useful downshift @2-2.5 k thus more control while braking .

This is opposed to pressing the brakes hard to come to a stop , from say speeds of 50-60 as in this case it doesn't downshift but remains at idle RPM
rayjaycleoful is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 13:26   #68
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 615
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
While driving the creta petrol AT overtime I've learnt that there's a way to use engine braking. While approaching a turn / stop, leaving off the accelerator results in an eventual downshift when the speeds drop too low for a gear, meanwhile a very light foot on the brakes ( just enough for the brake lights to turn on) results in a more aggressive hence useful downshift @2-2.5 k thus more control while braking .

This is opposed to pressing the brakes hard to come to a stop , from say speeds of 50-60 as in this case it doesn't downshift but remains at idle RPM
It will work the same way if you're in the M mode. The car will automatically downshift to avoid stalling, even if you're in a gear higher than second.
Nonstop-driver is offline  
Old 13th February 2019, 22:27   #69
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 264
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
It will work the same way if you're in the M mode. The car will automatically downshift to avoid stalling, even if you're in a gear higher than second.
In Manual mode it downshifts itself when the rpm is too low. However in the way I mentioned it is little more aggressive. ( More braking control and responsiveness)
Do try it.
Besides in manual mode, it upshifts (automotiically) only at redline and is jerky as well.
rayjaycleoful is offline  
Old 11th April 2019, 21:28   #70
BHPian
 
anu007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tezpur
Posts: 70
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Hello friends,
I am going to buy the Petrol SX AT.
For the 4+5th year extended warranty one dealer has quoted me 15446 and another quoted 20000+. And both are sure that the price is correct according to them.
Do you have any idea how to verify this? I don't see the extended warranty price list at Hyundai official website.
anu007 is offline  
Old 12th April 2019, 09:58   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DELHI
Posts: 656
Thanked: 347 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Here you go : http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/Up.../EW-prices.pdf
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 15:48   #72
BHPian
 
anu007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tezpur
Posts: 70
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Thank u a lot BUXX. Got the details from the link.
Just one more help needed from the experts.

The dealer has given me only a 17 digit VIN. The vehicle is supposed the delivered by Friday. But in spite of my insistence the sales person maintained that the last 2 digit will never even feature in the invoice also.

This means we will never be able to know the month of manufacturing due to the missing 19th digit.

I smell something grossly fishy here. Did someone else also encountered similar issues. Grateful if you could check your delivery details and verify whether the VIN is full 19 digit or not.
anu007 is offline  
Old 15th April 2019, 18:29   #73
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 615
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
Thank u a lot BUXX. Got the details from the link.
Just one more help needed from the experts.

The dealer has given me only a 17 digit VIN. The vehicle is supposed the delivered by Friday. But in spite of my insistence the sales person maintained that the last 2 digit will never even feature in the invoice also.

This means we will never be able to know the month of manufacturing due to the missing 19th digit.

I smell something grossly fishy here. Did someone else also encountered similar issues. Grateful if you could check your delivery details and verify whether the VIN is full 19 digit or not.
I got a 17 digit VIN too, looks like its a Hyundai policy. You can see the VIN once your vehicle arrives and refuse to take delivery if it is older than you prefer. You are not obliged to take delivery until it is registered on your name.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 14:18   #74
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

This thread has been very helpful. Thanks for all the reviews.

I am going for Creta AT SX, going to book soon. Seems like there is a waiting of 1-1.5 months and hence no discounts (that was surprising given auto industry's condition in last 6 months, but I guess it differs from model to model).

The 2019 version does adds some more features, esp the sunroof that kids love. A bit worried about lack of "zooming" ability compared to manual as I do tend to get aggressive at times, but maybe its better and safer not to be.

Will post details abt the performance soon.
devrawat is offline  
Old 21st April 2019, 11:44   #75
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 264
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic : Official Review

When does the AT fluid have to be changed on a car purely driven in traffic?
rayjaycleoful is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks