Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2019, 12:42   #76
BANNED

re: Review: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
When does the AT fluid have to be changed on a car purely driven in traffic?
I think it is every 60,000 kms as per the owner's manual IIRC. You'll find the replacement schedule in the maintenance section (pages 9-16 & 9-17 for severe usage).
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 23:23   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I think it is every 60,000 kms as per the owner's manual IIRC. You'll find the replacement schedule in the maintenance section (pages 9-16 & 9-17 for severe usage).
The guys at Safdarjung Hyundai Gurguram told me that its filled for life and doesnt need changing.

My car has done 90k kms and the gearbox seems fine so far.. but if its recommended in the manual then it should be done.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 02:08   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
The guys at Safdarjung Hyundai Gurguram told me that its filled for life and doesnt need changing.
For normal usage, no replacement is needed as per the owner's manual. The schedule mentioned in my post is for severe usage. I've mentioned the page numbers too for reference.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 06:50   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I got a 17 digit VIN too, looks like its a Hyundai policy. You can see the VIN once your vehicle arrives and refuse to take delivery if it is older than you prefer. You are not obliged to take delivery until it is registered on your name.
How do we read 19 digit VIN for month year?
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:10   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Based on my experiences with a 92K kms run Grand Vitara AT(12 years old) and a 63K kms run Santro AT(11 years old) I can state the following:-

1. I purchased the Grand Vitara in 2015 with 73K kms on the clock. I faced jerky shifting from 1st to 2nd when the gearbox was cold. I changed the AT oil a month later and afterwards, in 2017, added
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
In early 2018 I once again changed the AT oil. The gearbox now is smooth and quiet.

2. The Santro AT was bought new in 2008 and serviced regularly. Hyundai service were refusing to change AT oil saying it is due after 120K kms. I started facing jerky gearshifts from 1st to 2nd. So I put my foot down and got the oil changed twice. The second time was after 6 months. The AT box is now much smoother. I am planning to add: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. In Indian conditions change AT oil after 40K Kms or 4 years whichever is earlier. Some type of additive is also helpful.
After 80K kms do a double oil change with a gap of 4-5 months.
sridhar-v is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 16:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
You'll get it once the vehicle reaches your dealer. Ofcourse you can refuse the delivery you don't like the manufacturing month.
Old 23rd April 2019, 17:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
I think you can decode month and year for a Hyundai from a 17 digit VIN as well. There was a link given by a member on VIN decoding thread.

EDIT: it's here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post4519527 (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
Old 27th May 2019, 05:19   #83
BHPian

I have a 2016 Creta Petrol Automatic, and am just wondering what is the mileage that people are getting on the vehicle? I am getting 7-8 km/l and if I drive with a light foot around 9km/l. Double digits are unreachable. Is it just me or is this the case with everyone?
aman-bh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 08:18   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
I have a 2016 Creta Petrol Automatic, and am just wondering what is the mileage that people are getting on the vehicle? I am getting 7-8 km/l and if I drive with a light foot around 9km/l. Double digits are unreachable. Is it just me or is this the case with everyone?
Pretty much the same for all owners. My colleague just picked up one a couple of months back and his numbers are exactly the same as yours'. Hyundai petrols aren't really frugal as such, even grand i10 AT struggles to reach double digits.
Old 27th May 2019, 08:28   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Pretty much the same for all owners. My colleague just picked up one a couple of months back and his numbers are exactly the same as yours'. Hyundai petrols aren't really frugal as such, even grand i10 AT struggles to reach double digits.
Aman,

As SoumenD mentioned, it is the engine as also the torque converter that is responsible for the single digit mileage.
TC's take time to spool up when the A pedal is operated leading to a delay in gear change, speed increase.
This leads to a lower mileage. My 7 year old i10 auto if driven sedately delivers 10 in the city and on highways at constant speed / rpm delivers in higher double digits.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 27th May 2019, 09:48   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
You can easily manage 10 in the city if you use engine braking and 13- 14 on the highway. I think this is the maximum in this car.
However even if you drive slightly hard it results in mileage like yours.

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 27th May 2019 at 09:50.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 11:14   #87
BHPian

Hi All,

My petrol Creta automatic is due for insurance renew next month.
I bought it last year and paid premium of 47K for Zero Dep consumables Engine protect with IDV value of 12,79,065 from Liberty General insurance.
This year very confused as policy bazzar and offline companies quoting anything from 19K to 35K.
Request from team members to help me in this regard. I am from Jaipur.
Old 21st August 2019, 07:45   #88
BHPian

Quote:
You can easily manage 10 in the city if you use engine braking and 13- 14 on the highway. I think this is the maximum in this car.
However even if you drive slightly hard it results in mileage like yours.
Same for me too. My 2019 SX AT Petrol is 4 months old. With 60% highway driving (70-80 kmph speed), 35% urban and 5% B2B traffic, I never managed to get mileage of above 11 Kmpl on average when measured by Tank Full to Tank Full method. The MID shows around 12.5 Kmpl though. My ACC remains always on at around 24-26 degrees.
On highway, the MID shows up to 15 Kmpl on sustained long distance driving of about 120 km. And on actual it turns out to be 13.5 Kmpl.

And yes, mileage is abysmal in city driving condition. At every measurement point, it reduces by 0.1 kmpl and by the time I reach home after 5-6 km, the MID reduces the overall mileage by at least 1 kmpl.

Lastly, the good (or strange!) news. Yesterday night for the first time I tried cruise control after resetting the mileage counter. And after a thirty km stretch with minimal highway traffic, look what I got:

Review: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic (1st-gen)-mileage.jpg

18.1 kmpl !!! Even if I go by my own calculation of reducing the MID display by 1.5 kmpl, it's still 16.6 kmpl. And that too not even in 6th gear. Scarcely believable for a Creta Petrol AT. Could not help clicking the picture and post in my most favorite forum

Has anyone encountered such mileage while using cruise control on highways?

Last edited by anu007 : 21st August 2019 at 07:51. Reason: Extra line break removed
anu007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 19:29   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post

And yes, mileage is abysmal in city driving condition. At every measurement point, it reduces by 0.1 kmpl and by the time I reach home after 5-6 km, the MID reduces the overall mileage by at least 1 kmpl.

Lastly, the good (or strange!) news. Yesterday night for the first time I tried cruise control after resetting the mileage counter. And after a thirty km stretch with minimal highway traffic, look what I got:

Attachment 1907186

18.1 kmpl !!! Even if I go by my own calculation of reducing the MID display by 1.5 kmpl, it's still 16.6 kmpl. And that too not even in 6th gear. Scarcely believable for a Creta Petrol AT. Could not help clicking the picture and post in my most favorite forum

Has anyone encountered such mileage while using cruise control on highways?
Although 43 is quite unpractical on an empty highway, congratulations!
However, is this on manual mode? Because you're almost lugging the car at such low rpm and your mid shows 5 instead of D.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 19:56   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Although 43 is quite unpractical on an empty highway, congratulations!
However, is this on manual mode? Because you're almost lugging the car at such low rpm and your mid shows 5 instead of D.
Yes you spotted correctly. It was on manual mode, because maintaining 65+ kmph constant on 6th gear on patchy Assam highways is very difficult. So I switched to manual mode and kept on 5th gear.
Engine lugging might be temporary on the instant of clicking the photo. I did not hear any lugging engine grunt either. RPM usually remained at around 1200-1400 as I was monitoring it regularly.

And it's not 43 but 18.1 kmpl, still unbelievable for Creta petrol AT. 43 kmph was the maintained speed during cruising.

Last edited by anu007 : 21st August 2019 at 19:59. Reason: Missed point

Most Viewed