Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2017, 23:12   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Renault Kwid: 60% sales coming from 1.0 variant, 30% from AMT

The Kwid 1.0 is amounting to around 60% of the total monthly sales of the Renault Kwid in India. This is a significant share, especially since the hatchback is managing to clock around 9,000 unit sales per month. Since the Kwid 1.0 was launched at a premium of just Rs. 22,000 over the corresponding 0.8-litre model, it has successfully managed to attract customers of the low-displacement variants.

Interestingly, half of these sales of the Kwid 1.0 are coming from the AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) model. As a result, the Kwid AMT is currently contributing 30% to the total sales of the Kwid in the country. This is a clear indication of the increasing popularity of automatics, even in the budget hatchback segment.
This indicates that the buyers want better engines, rather than weedy 800cc ones, inspite of the premium.

Just wondering, do we have similar data for the Alto as well?
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 08:22   #77
BHPian

A budget car with a proper city motor, and an AMT is a sure shot path to success, as Renault and Maruti have clearly realised. the 0.8 litre model was simply underpowered even for a city motor.

Add to that factors like great ride quality, good looks, a decent dashboard layout with touch-screen ICE and pretty good reliabilty and ASS, and you can see why the Kwid was a winner from the start.
Avikbrio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 13:39   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Renault Kwid: 60% sales coming from 1.0 variant, 30% from AMT
Renault has hit the sweet spot - everything they do with Kwid line-up results in success! 1.0 for the enthusiasm (in its league) and 0.8 for the Budget/Utility.

Add the great looks and touch screen navigation, and you have a crowd puller.

Though while driving the 0.8, I felt the car was too under-powered, and engine was too noisy from outside.
Zinda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 13:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

Just received a call from the Renault Chinchwad asking me for the date and time I would like to take the delivery. I have asked for early morning delivery, within 10 am on the 28th March (Gudi Padwa). Also informed them that they should make sure that all the paid accessories should be fitted before the actual delivery. The count down has re started.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 00:25   #80
Senior - BHPian

Visited the showroom at 9am on the 28th March 2017 and was back at home by 11am. 28th being the Gudi Padwa here at Maharashtra, its an auspicious day and the particular dealership had an astonishing number of 48 deliveries scheduled for the day. I was the first one at the dealership and was thus able to wrap up quite soon. The Puja was performed at our Khadki Kali bari and below are some of the images.

At the dealership, some of the lined up vehicles for delivery

Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-img_20170328_093112.jpg

Kwid with my Pulsar and Amun-Ra

Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-img_20170328_105259.jpg

After the Puja. I love this particular stance

Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-img_20170328_193248.jpg
Majumdarda is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 08:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Got my number plates from the showroom yesterday afternoon and I was informed that one has to drill holes to have them fixed. This sounded strange and I checked the bumpers at evening, but could not find any corresponding holes to fix the plates. This is really surprising for me as I had the notion that all cars have predefined spaces for fixing the number plates. Obviously I am a bit worried now to get 4 small holes drilled on my new found love. Did you guys also had to drill holes on the bumpers on your own to get the number plates fixed.
Old 31st March 2017, 09:11   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Did you guys also had to drill holes on the bumpers on your own to get the number plates fixed.
Another option is to use 3M double side tape. Or since your car is white, why not paste the numbers directly on the car - no plates. (Not sure of the legality though)
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 09:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Another option is to use 3M double side tape. Or since your car is white, why not paste the numbers directly on the car - no plates. (Not sure of the legality though)
3M option sounds risky as this portion will get constant weather beating. And if it peels off, then it will take the paint too.
Old 31st March 2017, 13:53   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3M option sounds risky as this portion will get constant weather beating. And if it peels off, then it will take the paint too.
Not if you get the original product. It will take rough beating and still won't peel the paint off when you remove it. But then, it also depends on the Kwid's paint quality.

FYI, most of the cosmetic accessories are stuck using 3M tape. Probably even your Kwid logo.

Last edited by samaspire : 31st March 2017 at 14:15.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 01:10   #85
Senior - BHPian

Can we use 14 inch 100 PCs alloys for the Kwid? The shock rims are three lug nut rims so was wondering if we could used a commonly available 5 lug nut rims?

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:01   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Did you guys also had to drill holes on the bumpers on your own to get the number plates fixed.
There is no need to drill any holes as there is corresponding holes in Kwid. Infact it is not a hole but a lengthy groove highlighted in the pic below. It can be adjusted even if the holes are not spaced correctly. The showroom guys in Bangalore fixed it with a bush or something and they did it in a jiffy.

Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-num-plate.jpg
narsi_6989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 16:22   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
There is no need to drill any holes as there is corresponding holes in Kwid. Infact it is not a hole but a lengthy groove highlighted in the pic below. It can be adjusted even if the holes are not spaced correctly. The showroom guys in Bangalore fixed it with a bush or something and they did it in a jiffy.
Thank you very much sir and I will give a try to fix the plates this evening. A possibly funny question, but does Kwid have only one reverse light?
Old 3rd April 2017, 16:31   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does Kwid have only one reverse light?
Yes, only one within my KWID 800 too.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 16:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much sir and I will give a try to fix the plates this evening. A possibly funny question, but does Kwid have only one reverse light?
Yup, you are correct. It has only one reverse light. It is not funny at all as there are many vehicles out there which have only one. My 2009 Fabia had only one.
narsi_6989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 16:34   #90
Senior - BHPian

Just had a word with my sales consultant and he said that its per the European Laws. I then checked at Google and yes, it seems that there is such a law in practice. Below excerpts

"European law says that there must be one reverse light and one rear fog light. Car companies either have to give 2*2 reverse and fog light. So to save the cost car companies have one reverse light and one rear fog light which fullfills the law also. In asia there is no such law thats why they have two reverse lights."

Wonder if there is a rear fog lamp with Kwid?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks