Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 12:22   #241
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I do not have a bedliner, I had the same concern regarding water/moisture being retained under the bedliner. Instead I bought a roll of 6mm rubber sheet and installed that.
This is what is running my mind, however mine is on yoga mats . But doesn't the bedliner give protection to the body? If you have a picture the 6mm rubber sheet installation, do share it. Thank you.
Old 6th June 2017, 11:23   #242
Senior - BHPian

I think if you have a completely closed enclosure like the Dbox, there is not much of need to go for a bed liner to protect the rear bay from weather elements. However if it is completely or partially open then i think the bed liner does make sense. But it needs to be ensured that there is no gap / space between the tub and the bed liner as far as possible. Usually the fittings which are getting done here are not really that perfect and one might need to put additional sealing in various gaps to ensure water doesn't seep and get trapped inside. Also it is better to go for the 'closed-lip' type of bed liner in stead of open ones (there are few varieties!)
Oh and water does remain at the bay area unless the vehicle is parked in an incline position and it takes a bit of effort to clean & dry the area, particularly when bed liner is installed, because of the channels in the bed liner.

Last edited by Kandisa : 6th June 2017 at 11:31. Reason: Additional comments
Old 6th June 2017, 12:51   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
This is what is running my mind, however mine is on yoga mats . But doesn't the bedliner give protection to the body? If you have a picture the 6mm rubber sheet installation, do share it. Thank you.
I currently have this one pic. The screws that you see on the tail gate are not drilled they are existing screws that are provided on the tailgate. I have not done any drilling anywhere. The joints on the rubber mat are sealed using duct tape which is very effective.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_5875.jpg  

tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 15:38   #244
BHPian

just came across this from Evo (An automobile site that featured V Cross' review).
'the distance to empty readout stops reading out at 90km left to empty.'

Would anyone be able to confirm this?
Old 7th June 2017, 16:51   #245
BHPian

Quote:
just came across this from Evo (An automobile site that featured V Cross' review).

This is true I always get low fuel warning at around 100 kms range itself. I did end up driving 100 kms after the warning once on highway between Jaipur and Udaipur.

But the display will keep reminding you to refuel and it made me very nervous since the fuel level meter started to blink at around 80kms after the low fuel warning showed up.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 08:59   #246
BHPian

Does anyone know the best place to buy and fit a D-Box in Bangalore? Any thoughts on whether Isuzu's bedliner or after market is better?

Thank you.
Old 15th June 2017, 12:59   #247
BHPian

Quote:

That's right, the low fuel warning comes on and the distance to empty read out stops once you have about 90 km to empty. However, i would not recommend to risk it as the 90 km to empty would vary on the basis of the terrain your'e driving on, how hard your'e pushing the vehicle and the diesel quality.

Not one of the smartest feature in the vehicle and could have been designed better by showing the distance to empty while simultaneously giving a warning.

Last edited by Hondaism : 15th June 2017 at 13:02.
Hondaism is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 14:42   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know the best place to buy and fit a D-Box in Bangalore? Any thoughts on whether Isuzu's bedliner or after market is better?
There is no comparison at all - in terms of pure build quality the Isuzu genuine stuff is very good - be it D-Box or Side Step or Bedliner... even the Roll Bar is very high quality - but since that's only for aesthetics you can go for a cheaper substitute there.

No complaints with any of the genuine accessories they have - just that they have only four or five accessories and you may or may not get what you want even if you are willing to wait for six months
TwistedFaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 18:06   #249
BHPian

I got the Aeroklas lid and bed liner from Pawan Anand from mumbai. He has a few other options as well from Aeroklas. Quality is dam good. I liked the simple design of this lid . Need to get it painted to the body color.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20170612_122157.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20170612_122847.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20170612_122901.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20170612_122912.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20170612_122940.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20170612_123014.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20170612_123025.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20170612_123031.jpg  

davids4x4mm550 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 19:17   #250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
I got the Aeroklas lid and bed liner from Pawan Anand from mumbai.
Would be good if you can share the cost of the part, installation complexity and more details of this person / dealer?
Old 20th June 2017, 08:53   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
I got the Aeroklas lid and bed liner from Pawan Anand from mumbai. He has a few other options as well from Aeroklas. Quality is dam good. I liked the simple design of this lid . Need to get it painted to the body color.
Neat! I have not come across this model of the box. clean and simple. I specially liked the quality of box lock. Where did u procure this from?
Do share pictures post painting.

Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFaith View Post
There is no comparison at all - in terms of pure build quality the Isuzu genuine stuff is very good - be it D-Box or Side Step or Bedliner... even the Roll Bar is very high quality - but since that's only for aesthetics you can go for a cheaper substitute there.
Wonderful! I just needed confirmation from another person. I am kind of the 'go with the stock' person. So thank you.

Reassuring to know the quality of the accessories.

Last edited by bblost : 20th June 2017 at 09:52. Reason: Back 2 Back posts.
Old 20th June 2017, 18:45   #252
BHPian

Guys, I really need your help to figure out if i can fix a D-BOX now; and Isuzu bedliner later? - This is because ISUZU bedliner is out of stock at my dealership.

What are my options?
Old 20th June 2017, 20:21   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Neat! I have not come across this model of the box. clean and simple. I specially liked the quality of box lock. Where did u procure this from?
Do share pictures post painting.

Thank you for sharing.

Wonderful! I just needed confirmation from another person. I am kind of the 'go with the stock' person. So thank you.

Reassuring to know the quality of the accessories.
Hi! I got this from Pawan Anand his number is 982088709 hes based out of mumbai but can ship it to you. Its a easy fix (Does not need any drilling into the body) and took his guys under two hours to get the liner and the box fixed.
Im not sure about this but was told that the Aeroklas material used is of ABS as compared to fiber glass for other lids.

Costed me 86K for both the box and the liner.

I have seen the OEM bed liner and the one i got and honestly i don't see any difference.
davids4x4mm550 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 23:08   #254
BHPian

The Aeroklas lid after paint
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-2.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-3.jpg  

davids4x4mm550 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 09:39   #255
Senior - BHPian

Re: Totoro: My Isuzu V-Cross Initial report

Congratulations on your ISUZU, the truck with the bedliner sure looks good! Recently saw a Black one with nice black alloys and looked outstanding.

Do post a bit of background on why you chose this truck and how you plan to use it!

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks