Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2017, 21:59   #331
BHPian

More and more Isuzu pickups seen on Bangalore roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj View Post
Today took delivery of my beast Isuzu dmax vcross
Congrats bro I am also from Vizag (working in Bangalore).
Planning a pickup truck for myself, could you please share the costs?
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-2.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-3.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-4.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd December 2017 at 23:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30-minute edit window to add more contents to it. Thanks.
Old 23rd December 2017, 00:42   #332
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
More and more Isuzu pickups seen on Bangalore roads

Congrats bro I am also from Vizag (working in Bangalore).
Planning a pickup truck for myself, could you please share the costs?

Thank q very much

Isuzu is the Best pick-up available in India

First 3days, it's little difficult on me especially heavy steering of Isuzu, as my other cars are Audi q3 and New fortuner(2017) which are light compared to Isuzu but now after a week, I'm more happy driving Isuzu. Now every thing seems normal.

Now coming to price
On-road price is 14 lakhs
Tyres and alloys upgrade 65k
OEM seat covers 15k
CD player with reverse camera 35k
Filming 15k
Bedliner 25k
Floor mats 8k
Chassis paint 4k.

And wish list follows:
Roll over bar
Foot steps
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img20171220wa0006.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img20171220wa0007.jpg  

Srikanth@raj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 15:37   #333
BHPian

Today performed Puja to both the cars in simhachalam temple. Myself and my brother Mahesh reached the temple by 10:30 AM. My cousin Vikram who is working in the Endowment department arranged everything there, so we had hassle free Darsham of Lord Varah lakshmi Narsimha Swamy, and performed Puja to the cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20171221_170952.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20171223_115412.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img20171223wa0010.jpg  

Srikanth@raj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:14   #334
BHPian

Could someone here please tell me what make that Front bumper is and if it can be sourced anywhere in Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-mux-front-bumper.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2018, 17:34   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekpsingh View Post
Could someone here please tell me what make that Front bumper is and if it can be sourced anywhere in Delhi.
You may get in touch with Bimbra or Azad, they are the two most prominent accessory providers in NCR. However in the wake of the recent SC ban on aftermarket fitments please take an informed decision in case you want to replace the stock front bumper.
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 17:46   #336
BHPian

This ban is very unclear in its intent and application. There are things on that list of banned items that'd be next to impossible to ban across. However i am only trying right now to get together my wishlist for my purchase next month, like the options, costs etc. A little extra recce now is money well spent/saved later.
Old 3rd January 2018, 17:51   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekpsingh View Post
This will be impossible to find here, but can be custom fabricated locally at Classic, Noida.

However you can look for Hamer4x4 bumper- http://hamer4x4.com/front-bumper/, it is a good looking bumper readily available with Bimbra, Azad and Classic. Its costs around 65k + GST and has a proper winch mount.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 19:35   #338
BHPian

The VCross is slated to receive updates as per the dealers. There have been price revisions also.
Delhi/Haryana/UP 1431748
Maharashtra 1428994
Karnataka 1427344
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-update-1.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-update-2.jpg  

prateekpsingh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 21:08   #339
R_R
BHPian

Nice. But still no auto-box! Wonder why, considering the MU-X is an auto. Aren't they the same engines?
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 08:01   #340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The VCross is slated to receive updates as per the dealers
Small but useful updates. If I am seeing correctly, Black Leather seats with Beige Trim, wonder what stopped them to change the trim to Black, similar to one they have on commercial variants and looks far better and is more practical as well given the intended purpose of this Truck.

Quote:
Possible from Bimbra or online ( Hamer brand), this looks good and may escape the attention of authorities given the design.

http://www.jeepkart.com/hamer-winch-...zu-vcross.html

Little Off Topic, but thought of posting here given the number of VCross prospects, from my experiences with commercial variants with low usage, Isuzu is no Toyota

Last week Front bearing of our commercial DMax simply broke and as expected was declined to be covered under warranty. Worst Gurgaon dealership asked 3 days to get the parts when friendly Chandigarh Dealership found the parts at Delhi Dealership which is owned by Gurgaon Dealership

Isuzu has some internal program where dealers can see inventories of other dealers as well. This happened at around 56000 Km

With little faith on Gurgaon Dealership, I sent the car to Chandigarh for service and brake pad change and got an estimate of Rs 36000, major of this was for replacements of Rotors at Rs 23000 and sales advisor gave all reasons to change these instead of getting skimmed and tried best to frighten explaining how brakes are critical for safety and all that but had no answers why Toyota Dealership will have equipment and encourage customers to go for skimming if there are no deep cuts. I persisted and got the rotors skimmed. Final Bill came down to Rs 12300

Broken Bearing
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-1.jpeg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-11.jpeg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-111.jpeg

Rotor & Estimate

Attachment 1712599
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-3.jpeg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-screen-shot-20180104-7.53.21-am.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th January 2018 at 08:20.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 22:30   #341
BHPian

OMG! 24k for front brake rotors! Brembo Audi Q7 Front Rotors a pair is 17k.

I also have 2 commercial Dmax pickups and one is just nearing 50,000kms and if it comes to replacing rotors I will use aftermarket.

I already use Brembo Brake Pads on my Vcross and I like it very much.

I also own Mahindra Genio pickups and their front rotors are Rs.3500 and they also last at least 70,000kms.
mura is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 11:30   #342
BHPian

Did a Bombay-Goa-Bomday solo trip over the weekend. Had my clutch replaced along with pressure plate and release bearing at 20000kms. The clutch used to slip under hard acceleration beyond 80 km/h so didn't want to take any risk on a long drive.

This is the shortest period a clutch has lasted on any of my cars so far, But with a fair bit of off-roading I am not really worried about it. As per service center the clutch was still in good nick.

Pic of the replaced clutch.

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20180209photo00000107.jpg

Here are some driving logs.

Mumbai - Kohlapur

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-mum-koh.png

Kohlapur - Goa

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-koh-goa.png

Goa - Kohlapur

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-goa-koh.png

Kohlapur - Lonavala

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-koh-panvel.png

Lonavala - Mumbai

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-lonavala-mumbai.png

Had a V-cross from Karnataka for company at the parking lot.

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-vcross.jpg

Got an overall milage of 12.1 KM/liter and average speed of 55 Km/h as per MID.
Old 20th February 2018, 12:16   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Did a Bombay-Goa-Bomday solo trip over the weekend. Had my clutch replaced along with pressure plate and release bearing at 20000kms. The clutch used to slip under hard acceleration beyond 80 km/h so didn't want to take any risk on a long drive.

This is the shortest period a clutch has lasted on any of my cars so far, But with a fair bit of off-roading I am not really worried about it. As per service center the clutch was still in good nick.
Now that is something I did not expect from Isuzu, which is known to be quite reliable. Since the clutch looks good, was it just the pressure plate that was replaced? Was this replaced under warranty or did you end up paying from your pocket? A year or two down the lane I am considering replacing my 10 year old Innova with V Cross. But issues like this and lack of dealer in my place is not working in favor of Isuzu.

Last edited by PrideRed : 20th February 2018 at 12:17.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 12:40   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Now that is something I did not expect from Isuzu, which is known to be quite reliable. Since the clutch looks good, was it just the pressure plate that was replaced? Was this replaced under warranty or did you end up paying from your pocket? A year or two down the lane I am considering replacing my 10 year old Innova with V Cross. But issues like this and lack of dealer in my place is not working in favor of Isuzu.
No, wear and tear parts are not covered under warranty by any manufacturer. When I sent the truck for check up, the clutch was deemed fit but knowing my machines I knew there is a problem so opted for a preventive replacement. I changed all the parts since its always the best option to change the whole set. The task of changing the clutch on a 4x4 truck with transfer case is not a simple labor job.

A normal person with limited knowledge would not even notice the clutch slipping. If you look closely the clutch does have uneven wear at certain places.

The first set of clutch not lasting is becoming more common amongst manufacturers (Duster 110 PS had similar reports) which I feel is a case of cost cutting and poor quality control from OEM suppliers.

Its a combination of all the factors like substandard OEM quality, remap and off-roading. Rest the truck has performed really well and I am still on my original set of brake pads which most of the people have changed under 20000 kms.

After 16 months of ownership I feel there is nothing better I could have bought in my budget, no regrets.

With my next trip which is in April to Pondicherry, the truck would have travelled through most of the states in India except North East belt and Kashmir.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 12:40   #345
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post

This is really low for clutch replacement! How much did it cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks