Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2018, 10:25   #361
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cUjO View Post
I am on the verge of buying this exciting vehicle and would love to get some perspective on a few questions from those who are currently owners or anybody with experience around these.

1) The dmax sold in the Philippines comes with 255/60 18 inch wheels standard. Is this a direct swap on the Indian vcross as well? In what way would this be a better wheel/tyre combo compared to the one sold in India as OEM?

2) The GC is mentioned in the Philippines as 235 mm so is that going to be the same for the Indian version if the wheels are swapped out to 18inchers? (Current GC for Indian vcross seems to be quoted at 225 mm)

3)Does the Indian vcross come with either hill descent control or hill climb?
I will give my inputs based on my experience.

1. 18" can be swapped but I am not sure if its a good move. The 16" wheels with the tall side wall helps mask the harsh ride due to leaf springs at the rear. The most I would go for on Indian roads is 17".

2. Not sure.

3. No it doesn't come with either.

Hope the above helps.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 10:39   #362
Senior - BHPian

In my personal opinion and experience with the vehicle so far, just changing to a good A/T tyre in same wheel size is sufficient if the vehicle is intended for the kind of use it is meant to be. Else even the stock tyres are fine. Depending on budget & availability, there are A/T tyre options from Geolanders to Maxxis Bravo to Goodyear Wrangler.
Stock GC is good enough for most of the 'normal' occasion with a bit of careful driving, for more rigorous use in any case the entire suspension has to be tweaked at one's own risk and cost. An additional skid plate for the transmission should be sufficient just to be on the safer side.
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 03:13   #363
Senior - BHPian

I'm commenting on TBHP after a really long time, so not even sure if my post is going to get through. However having all said and done, most Enthusiasts would just buy the V-Cross rather than wait for Paralysis of Analysis of this vehicle.

I drive one and bought it basis the Isuzu history which obviously has it's pros and cons, and especially in Indian market where people rely on user feedback and reviews ( Forgetting that someone out there bought it knowing the lineage of the vehicle/manufacturer - & in this case it's been very positive).

This vehicle has it's own pros and cons. However if you're the one who believes in the fact that "You live only once " then just go for it without getting your mind colored by opinions as that's only going to weaken your decision making power.

Last edited by GTO : 30th July 2018 at 08:43. Reason: Spacing, punctuation, CAPS
harishnayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 15:06   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I drive one and bought it basis the Isuzu history which obviously has it's pros and cons and especially in Indian market where people rely on user feedback and reviews
I totally get where you're coming from Harish; similar thought process for me. At its' price, I believe it's total VFM. We took a very very rational analysis of the competition set before deciding on the V-Cross. It was not our first choice for family SUV, but this car just ticked off all the boxes.

Since then (14 months ago); this AUV has brought new levels of adventure into our lives, and our friends too. It's definitely not a mass vehicle, but with the right owner this car becomes a huge part of one's lifestyle.
VivOverland is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 15:40   #365
Senior - BHPian

The third customary half yearly call to me from Isuzu Cochin Manikantan Motors was last week.
"Sir you had expressed interest in the V-cross some time back, did you get a test drive that time, do you want a test drive now?"
Last time I had blasted the executive and asked not to call again (because nobody bothers after the call), but this nuisance is getting repeated.
So this time I said "Give me a test drive, but only when you launch the V-cross Automatic".
Hope he doesn't bother me again
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 09:45   #366
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Perhaps the best car for the purpose! Campaigners, rejoice. Jeeps & Gypsies are for poorly funded politicians:
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg
Source
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 09:56   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Perhaps the best car for the purpose! Campaigners, rejoice. Jeeps & Gypsies are for poorly funded politicians:
Attachment 1782892
Source
Holy cow! look at the pink colour on that thing! I am sure Isuzu management would be pulling their hair out seeing these avatars of their Isuzu Vcross! These politicians can honestly make a joke out of anything, and mostly themselves!
This pic belongs in the official joke section too.😀
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 09:56   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps the best car for the purpose! Campaigners, rejoice. Jeeps & Gypsies are for poorly funded politicians
. But why pink of all colours? Pink V-cross! That's an oxymoron. Except for the colour, it sure looks like the ultimate campaign vehicle cum dias.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 10:07   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
. But why pink of all colours? Pink V-cross! That's an oxymoron. Except for the colour, it sure looks like the ultimate campaign vehicle cum dias.

Pink is the party colour of the TRS party in Hyderabad/Telangana. Yes, its hideous. We know. We've endured it for many years and have kinda got used to it.
gongura is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 10:33   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Pink V-Cross stands for the color of TRS party in Telangana. The yellow V-Cross stands for the color of TDP party in Andhra Pradesh. This is not the first time they've done such stuff. Both the parties have copied each other's moves a lot in the past.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 18:24   #371
Senior - BHPian

Amidst all the excitement with the vehicle in last 14 months, the first real issue cropped up two days ago, something I had heard happening in very very few vehicles. It is the clutch master cylinder failure! While going out of the apartment in the heavy rain, suddenly the clutch felt very light and it took me couple of minutes to understand that actually it has hit the floor and not coming back! Thankfully, after pumping it back couple of times, the pedal came back to normalcy and I could drive in the subsequent bumper to bumper traffic for around 40 kms, to and fro. Got it checked at the service centre today wherein they have replaced the part under warranty, along with bleeding of clutch & brake, but the worrying news is, it is happening, albeit at a more no of V-crosses than I was personally aware of. For a vehicle which is supposed to travel the length & breadth of the off-beat destinations of the country, this shouldn't be happening and that too in an Isuzu. Although it won't leave you stranded and one can drive after getting the pedal back to operation after few minutes, but why let it happen at the first place?
Kandisa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 14:31   #372
Senior - BHPian

Is the S-Cab available with 4x4 configuration? I saw a silver colour S-Cab with 4x4 marking similar to VCross. It was private registered as well. The website mentions 2 variants std and Hi-ride. I am sure the one I saw was not VCross as it had reflector headlamps and was sitting lower.
Old 30th July 2018, 14:46   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1782892
Source
These look like the Isuzu D-max S-cab version and not the V-cross. Give aways the non projector head lamps, ORVM's without turn indicators, no alloy wheels, no fog lamps etc.

But these are special versions where dark sun films, bull bars and pictures in place of number plates are allowed
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 15:14   #374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Is the S-Cab available with 4x4 configuration? I saw a silver colour S-Cab with 4x4 marking similar to VCross. It was private registered as well. The website mentions 2 variants std and Hi-ride. I am sure the one I saw was not VCross as it had reflector headlamps and was sitting lower.
No, someone might have just plonked a sticker. If they launch in 4x4, it will simply kill the sales of V-cross. High version looks very close to the V-Cross.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 18:31   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1782892
Source

Some time back had spotted this in Bangalore Isuzu Service Center. In fact there were two-three of them.

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20180527_155931.jpg
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks