Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 13:50   #421
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Why not wait for facelift expected in few weeks time?
The facelift with the 1.9L 6AT would cost upwards of 23L+ just for the truck, and additional 2L approx for the canopy, so a total of 25L, which is 6L+ more than what I am paying currently (approx 18.5L OTR, including the canopy and other accessories, after all discounts).

The 25L price tag also puts it in the range of the Skoda Octavia, which i would buy over this, IF i had the budget, which was 16L OTR to begin with.
satya180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 16:17   #422
mfb

The 2018 specs mentions "Integrated Keyless Entry". Can someone please throw some light on this from current VCross model perspective.
Old 9th June 2019, 19:08   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post

The 25L price tag also puts it in the range of the Skoda Octavia, which i would buy over this, IF i had the budget, which was 16L OTR to begin with.
Skoda Octavia will look like just another car, VCross If properly dressed will turn heads wherever you go. You don't cross shop a lifestyle offroader pickup and a 4 door family car, no way!

Last year it was 18L+ on road in Bangalore when I checked it out, considering you are getting most bits (and cool looks) of a TFort or MUX at a lot cheaper price, it felt like a bargain.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 21:02   #424
BHPian

But then again the V-cross wouldn't even look where the Skoda went .I know that V-cross is much more practical for Indian roads (although the road quality is improving)than the Octavia but for 25Lor+ ,I rather spend that money on a German with good quality interiors and a better power train combo.The race blue Octavia L &K which is although rare ,does attract a lot of attention.Just my thoughts please don't take it personally.
Old 8th July 2019, 12:17   #425
BHPian

When it rains the fun starts. Went to friends farm at Wada near Mumbai and had some fun.

Did some sliding around. In 2WD it was very hard to find traction and we had some fun.

Few pics
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_0533.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_0534.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_0536.jpg  

Last edited by tazmaan : 8th July 2019 at 12:33.
tazmaan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 09:14   #426

Hello fellow v-crossers, I have joined this club only a month back with the older model. The philosophy was simple, buy it cheap and invest in modifications. Moreover, the new 2019 version has the same engine and chassis, albeit bigger tyres, led headlamps, keyless entry and and better infotainment system. I am however unable to understand that has Isuzu made any changes in the tuning and suspension of the vehicle to match the added power need for bigger tyres. Or changing the feedback setting of the steering wheel, because a bigger wheel will only increase the weight on an already heavy steering. Moreover a bigger wheel will only reduce the wheel articulation, unless the suspension is reworked. Also the reduced mileage and added strain on the axle. And finally if nothing has changed under skin, which after a lot of research I think has not (I literally matched even the headlights and found that they can be swapped with the older), then I think all of us can jolly well go ahead with modifications to tyre size without the apprehension expressed in this thread previously. Any senior member please throw some light.
Old 7th August 2019, 09:42   #427
BHPian

Hi fellow bhpians,

Need feedback from you guys about waiting for the BS6, or buying the Vcross right now.

If i consider the current model, it has all the things i want, new head and tail lights, all black interior( especially love it), new rims although i want to go back to 17 inchers.

The only thing about the BS6 will be the supposed higher power output and less emissions. I dont think it will be that expensive over the current model as ISUZU already has developed the engine overseas and just has to manufacture it locally.
R.I.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 23:15   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P View Post
Hi fellow bhpians,

Need feedback from you guys about waiting for the BS6, or buying the Vcross right now.

If i consider the current model, it has all the things i want, new head and tail lights, all black interior( especially love it), new rims although i want to go back to 17 inchers.

The only thing about the BS6 will be the supposed higher power output and less emissions. I dont think it will be that expensive over the current model as ISUZU already has developed the engine overseas and just has to manufacture it locally.
If you can wait, I will suggest wait for the new model to launch, since the current version is a BSIV version which will see a phase out in 2020 April, you can hope to get a massive discounts. Plus you can compare the 2500cc with the 1900cc and make a more informed decision. Although from various forums I have read, there is not going to be a price bump in manual model, instead you can expect some tax cuts and save some 20 odd thousand.
utkarsha87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 19:28   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsha87 View Post
If you can wait, I will suggest wait for the new model to launch, since the current version is a BSIV version which will see a phase out in 2020 April, you can hope to get a massive discounts.d.
I read that BS4 vehicles will not be able to be sold after March 2020. Please be careful that you buy at the correct time and not end up having to buy a definitely expensive BS6 variant.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/66342929.cms
Old 10th August 2019, 22:03   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I read that BS4 vehicles will not be able to be sold after March 2020.
Usually, such restriction is not on "selling" either from manufacturer to dealer or from dealer to user. Such restrictions are only on VINs' manufactured date. Like all BS4 'VINs' need to be manufactured by 31-Mar-2020 or you can't manufacture BS4 VINs on or after 1-Apr-2020. Some manufacturers switch to new norms before due date but I am seeing trends where many manufacturers ramp up production 1 or 2 months before due date, and sell that non-conforming inventory long after due date. Or else how do we justify few models still not having reverse sensors or driver airbag etc when norms should have been applicable since July 1st, 2019!!
Old 20th August 2019, 16:57   #431
BHPian

The new VCross Automatic has been launched with new safety features and interior colours.

Link
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-47de343fa54b426e951dafbff0a35580.jpeg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-99aa5c45ba4949dca90707c0513e75e1.jpeg  

lionell is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 10:59   #432

Hi team, would request some advice on this vehicle. My Vento went under water in my parking lot last month (ironically the month I finished off the last EMI on the vehicle), and have decided to replace it.

Am planning to pick up the manual High variant of the Vcross in October. Wanted to do some mods to the vehicle as soon as I pick it up. Have some questions regarding the same:

1. If I put in a replacement bumper, will the airbags still work on the vehicle? Like the look of the bumper but don't want to jeopardize safety for the sake of aesthetics.

2. Am also planning on putting in the Aeroklas Galaxy box cover (the one that comes with the Roll bar incorporated. Not sure about the locks of these. Are they secure and do they last? Or will I end up tying my rear box down with a bungee cord?

4. Someone advised me to install the hydraulic tailgate struts, the ones that open the tailgate slowly. Dont really see the need for this, especially after I tried the tailgate and found it to be light enough to open and shut slowly. Opinions on this? Does it really help?

5. Is the tailgate ok for a couple of people to sit on when open - for e.g., on a picnic?

6. My parking is an open space( under a jamun tree with lots of birds on it). And my watchman is a bucket washer with no regard to the scratches he puts on the vehicle. I have tried vehicle covers but they stink like crazy after some time, even if you wash them regularly. Also not so much a practical option for this large a vehicle. Since am planning on picking up the car in black, thinking of Paint Protection film or even a black wrap on the bonnet, fenders (Will have the fender flares installed as soon as I get it. and the roof. I have seen threads here which advised not to put the PPF on the roof. Any particular reason for that?

I know these are a lot of questions but since I really love this vehicle I want to have it set up as soon as I buy it. (Yes, other mods will follow but this is what's on my final list) And since I dont have too much knowledge in this category of modern SUVs (My previous cars include a 3rd Hand Zen, an i10, an SX4, a 1977 Jeep CJ, and the ill-fated Vento), requesting the team to pitch in. Will update with the purchase and ownership experience once I get the vehicle.

Thanks for your time!
Wheelspinz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 12:26   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelspinz View Post
Hi team, would request some advice on this vehicle. My Vento went under water in my parking lot last month (ironically the month I finished off the last EMI on the vehicle), and have decided to replace it.

Thanks for your time!
1. The ARB aftermarket bumpers claim to be Airbag complaint but they can reduce the sensor response highly, moreover they cost 1.85 after import duty, and they weigh about 35 to 50 kg. All this means that you will need an ecu remap for some extra power to compensate that added weight. That can lead to troubles in claiming warranty. The India made ones are heavier and don't claim any air bag compatibility. Inspite of all the above I am seriously considering them merely because of better approach angle they offer, aesthetics being also important but secondary.
2. I am using Aeroklass box cover, the one that goes up completely. I have already been facing problems with the lock. Although if you are going to park outside, please buy a waterproof box, with a sturdy handle to open it. Once the dirt gets stuck in joints you will face a world of problems. Choose the most uncomplicated box.
3. If your budget permits. Then go for the hydraulic opener, it will increase the life of that tail gate by multiples.
4. Although we all love the Range Rover like tail gate which is famous for the purpose you have stated, to sit on the bench and enjoy the sunset over kaas plateau, I advise strictly against it. The tail gate hinge is not that strong.
5. Finally, if you want to put vinyls and graphics on that car then I don't think you need the paint coating, which is very expensive, assuming you are going for the full body 3m coating. If however you are a no tattoo on body or car person then that paint protection is important given the fact that the machine will taste a lot of mud.

Oh by the way, CJ rocks

Last edited by ajmat : 30th August 2019 at 13:43. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 30th August 2019, 12:49   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsha87 View Post
1. The ARB aftermarket bumpers claim to be Airbag complaint but they can reduce the sensor response highly, moreover they cost 1.85 after import duty, and they weigh about 35 to 50 kg.
=====
If however you are a no tattoo on body or car person then that paint protection is important given the fact that the machine will taste a lot of mud.

Oh by the way, CJ rocks

Thank you so much for the response! Just a couple more if you dont mind:
1. Is the Aeroklas box waterproof from your experience?
2. Is there a brand of hydraulic opener that you would recommend?
Old 30th August 2019, 19:13   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelspinz View Post
Thank you so much for the response! Just a couple more if you dont mind:
1. Is the Aeroklas box waterproof from your experience?
2. Is there a brand of hydraulic opener that you would recommend?
Mine has been both water and dust proof, the only dust that enters is from the gap between tailgate and the body, which I intend to get cladded soon. Note that this is because Isuzu has left a very thin gap between tailgate and the cargo body and not due to the cover.
No particular brand that I have in mind. Go for local one, the performance will be as good because the part is not very complicated. It works merely on principle of controlled air flow from piston valves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks