Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2020, 14:22   #451

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFaith View Post
First off - congratulations on your purchase. From all the feedback we have heard from owners of the newer 1.9 auto... the engine is much more refined and powerful than the old one (I'm jealous) - if it feels underpowered in the lower gears then Pete's is your best friend.

Coming to the point I quoted from your message which prompted me to log in after ages () I would strongly recommend not putting anything at the moment. Keep it completely stock for some time and get used to the vehicle. If you rush in and put something I guarantee within a few months you will be posting about selling off whatever you put - hahaha.
Back to the forums after a long hiatus! It's been close to 10 months since I got the new 1.9 Auto. Yes, I kept it stock so far! Except for a black Isuzu bedliner, everything is stock so far.

It's an absolutely fun machine to drive. The pickup/acceleration is not bad, once you get the hang of it. I have no issue in the city or highway to pass other vehicles, with a lot of agility to boot . Unless the other driver is a spirited one in a large sports car, most other vehicles don't really have a chance to compete with this (I can attribute it partly to the average driving experience of most car/suv drivers in India - which is probably 3 to 9 years. My guess is I drove too many more miles than most drivers do in India)

And during the rainy season, on roads undergoing repair, it's even more fun to drive this nonchalantly past what appear to be roadblocks for most other vehicles!

Road visibility is excellent. I put it to good use. I can spot pedestrians intent to cross the road way ahead, and when appropriate, I can slow down and come to a stop (and stopping other traffic which doesn't want to give way to pedestrians ) to let the pedestrians cross on a busy impossible-to-cross-the-road-otherwise roads.

The best use of my Dmax is what I bought it for - To explore and discover rural/wild areas of India. And it let's me go wherever I want to without the worry about road or weather conditions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Congratulations on bringing the Truck home!

I am certain you would have started enjoying it already. Looking forward for the rear split seat mechanism and a feedback on the Auto Tranny and overall fuel consumption in Hyderabad City use and Highways. And finally how is the rear portion looking now, which one did you go for and its cost as well.
I kept the rear portion as it is, except for the black bedliner. I decided not to go with the Dbox type mechanism. I like the open bed look, and it allows me and friends and family to sit on bed when we park out somewhere. I will get a Rollbar, and if I can find a good roller shutter lid, I want to get it. Unfortunately, I am finding that in the Indian market there are no real compatible rollbar/roller-shutter combos.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st September 2020 at 19:43. Reason: Extra smiley deleted
RedShiftEuropa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 13:41   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShiftEuropa View Post

Unfortunately, I am finding that in the Indian market there are no real compatible rollbar/roller-shutter combos.
It is very much possible to have the above combination. My brother has it on his V-cross installed by the dealer itself in Mumbai. It's on the 1.9 Auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-isuzu-blue.jpg  

tazmaan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:06   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
V Cross for India is configured very different, compared to typical pickup trucks. Even the declared payload is half of what other markets have.
Dear Anshuman. Last year I pulled out my front bumper while moving the vehicle I heavy snow. I got the the off-road bumper installed but now the vehicle has become as bouncy as a trampoline. I know you also have off-road bumpers on your vcross. So does the suspension upgrade help this issue. Wanted an opinion because iron mans are expensive so I need to be sure.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th August 2020 at 05:23. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 30th August 2020, 22:15   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
It is very much possible to have the above combination. My brother has it on his V-cross installed by the dealer itself in Mumbai. It's on the 1.9 Auto.
Thank you!! This is awesome.

I will save this photo and show it to our local dealer.

Tazmaan - is it possible for you to find out the make/model of the roller shutter and the rollbar please?

Thanks much.
Old 31st August 2020, 12:31   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

With a heavy offroad bumper, the suspension will have to be upgraded, else front end will sag causing reduction in ground clearance and reduced suspension travel will result in suspension hitting bump stops sooner on bad roads, and also front rear spring rate mistmatch.

Proper solution is to get proper suspension upgrade to match the load. My top recommendation is Old Man EMU. Full kit should cost around 130k including leaf springs.

Low cost fix is get Old Man EMU correct weight springs for front, install on stock shocker absorbers, around 40mm GC increase over stock, slightly more composed ride. Get one extra leaf added in rear leaf springs(primary leaf from old Endeavour), this will fix front and rear height and spring rate to a good extent. Remember this is just a jugaad, wont ride as well as full kit. But I have personally tested and monitored this setup, a group member did this in his V Cross as a trail and it worked well. I used rear leaf spring jugaad for some time.

Right now my car is running Old Man EMU Front suspension, rear shock absorbers and Dobinsons Parabolic leaf springs for rear. I have extensively driven all kind of combos on V-Cross, this one is best combination I could find that could be locally ordered from India dealers. Once the shock absorbers fade, typical life is 70-100k, next ill try Old Man EMU BP 51, remote reservoir and two way adjustable shock absorbers.

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20200815_094510.jpg
Latest picture, this is how car looks right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsha87 View Post
Dear Anshuman. Last year I pulled out my front bumper while moving the vehicle I heavy snow. I got the the off-road bumper installed but now the vehicle has become as bouncy as a trampoline. I know you also have off-road bumpers on your vcross. So does the suspension upgrade help this issue. Wanted an opinion because iron mans are expensive so I need to be sure.
.anshuman is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 15:21   #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
With a heavy offroad bumper, the suspension will have to be upgraded, else front end will sag causing reduction in ground clearance and reduced suspension travel will result in suspension hitting bump stops sooner on bad roads, and also front rear spring rate mistmatch.

Proper solution is to get proper suspension upgrade to match the load. My top recommendation is Old Man EMU. Full kit should cost around 130k including leaf springs.
Thank you so much Anshuman. That’s a really comprehensive insight into the vehicle suspension.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st September 2020 at 19:06. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
utkarsha87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 18:54   #457
BHPian

MVD Kerala has suspended the registration of the much discussed Isuzu Monster Truck from Kerala. Posting it here as the relevant thread was closed .

MVD post from facebook

Quote:
The registration of the KL 17 R 80, which was illegally modified and circulated on social media, has been suspended. The action was taken by the Muvattupuzha Regional Transport Officer under Section 53 (1) of the Motor Vehicles Act. The suspension is for six months or until the vehicle is presented for inspection, whichever comes first. The vehicle cannot be used on public roads during this period.
If the unauthorized changes to the vehicle are not rectified within six months, the registration under Section 54 of the Motor Vehicles Act will be permanently canceled.
https://www.facebook.com/mvd.socialm...type=3&theater

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-118801032_3616457515032173_4368104462156113297_o.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-66584894_1198240103691573_4732685713991008256_o.jpg

Last edited by kamilharis : 8th September 2020 at 18:58.
kamilharis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 16:45   #458
BHPian

CarExpert thinks that the new D-Max is pretty good and it sure does look like it. A lot more kit than the relatively spartan current gen. Looks like the large capacity diesels aren't dead just yet, great for long term reliability. Gets an EPS setup like the new Endeavour/Ranger so that they can incorporate more driving aids (and reduce complexity & weight).

Wonder if they will launch it soon, especially considering Toyota is contemplating launching the Hilux in India. If and when they do, think the centre airbag will make it?

saur95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 12:27   #459
BHPian

4 + years of Ownership and reliability.

So its been over 4 years owning the Isuzu V-cross and the truck is living up to its promise.

Just did Mumbai-Gir-Mumbai round trip around X-mas and the truck performed superbly. The broken roads around Rajkot and Sasan were not an issue and Cruising on open highways is a bliss.

Also did Off-Roading and camping to bring in the New year.

Except for regular service once a year and one clutch change at 20k kms there has been no issue. The current ODO is 51000 kms.

Milage on highway has hovered around 11.5 to 12.5 KMPL.

Lots of scratches on both the sides of the truck due to shrubs while off-roading. I call them battle scars, I am not bothered about them anymore.

The interiors have held well and there or no rattles so far after all that off road use.

Hoping to keep this one longer unless the new one is too tempting.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-f453cc68482e41a29a5f13edb73ef46e.jpeg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-4ef0f55f276e4e8ab8a15f875889bfc1.jpeg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-3a6a1c55781248fda0b0d6a5f0a6233a.jpeg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-7610eb46594d4898a075c7b3bca9d707.jpeg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-0ef699ce974b4bf0a9758edf41fc3201.jpeg  

tazmaan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 18:30   #460
BHPian

I am looking to change the brakepads. looking for suggestions on brand before i decide to go with Isuzu's standard. Is brembo available for Vcross? If yes, it is available in India.
Old 26th January 2021, 19:22   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
I am looking to change the brakepads. looking for suggestions on brand before i decide to go with Isuzu's standard. Is brembo available for Vcross? If yes, it is available in India.

I suggest go for stock ones. Isuzu brakes are decent enough why change something that works.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 23:01   #462
BHPian

I'm getting a Isuzu Dmax Scab, wondering where I can find bedliners and truck bed covers.
Old 25th March 2021, 14:58   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I'm getting a Isuzu Dmax Scab, wondering where I can find bedliners and truck bed covers.
Have you tried Azad 4x4. I believe they have an outlet/franchisee in Bengaluru.
http://azad4x4.com/
chinchu.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 15:10   #464
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bimbra as well, in Gurgaon. They used to have some large collection.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 22:45   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Just ask your dealer. The dealer on Sohna road Gurgaon had pamphlets of Azads work, and showed work of another modifier (don't recollect the name)

In my layman opinion, Azads cab for the back was not upto the mark in ANY of the samples I saw. I mean ASTHETICALLY ONLY. functionality was decent.
P.S. is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks