Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2021, 22:49   #466
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Just saw a teaser ad online. Guessing it's about to be launched.
It looks like a good machine in all the Australian review and comparison video on YouTube.

Will wait and watch as also interested in the ford ranger and Toyota Hilux. ImHo, it'll be a Ranger by ford, and not the raptor as being speculated as (1) the chassis spy shots being shared look like Rangers abroad (2) the price point of the Raptor wouldn't make sense in India (again, I'm a noob , but using common sense)
P.S. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 11:15   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20210401_145635.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_20210401_145703.jpg

A no frills, Hi-Lander variant is also coming. 1.9 Ddi engine, with Manual transmission, bare basic specs, no Audio system, no climate control, wheel covers instead of Alloy rims. And no 4x4.

This makes more sense than S Cab high ride, as S-Cab comes with barebasic and outdated 4JA1 engine derived out of old Tavera engine. 1.9 Ddi is more powerful and a proper Isuzu engine with all the longevity and reliability we associate with Isuzu brand.
.anshuman is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 09:25   #468
BHPian

Just called the Isuzu dealer in Noida yesterday, the sales representative confirmed that vehicle has reached the stockyard and I can have a look. However, test ride will not be possible for some more time. On asking about changes from outgoing model, he suggested that there are not much changes except the BSVI makeover. Have asked him to call back once test drive is available.
Mail.atyagi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 10:27   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

A no frills, Hi-Lander variant is also coming. 1.9 Ddi engine, with Manual transmission, bare basic specs, no Audio system, no climate control, wheel covers instead of Alloy rims. And no 4x4.

This makes more sense than S Cab high ride, as S-Cab comes with barebasic and outdated 4JA1 engine derived out of old Tavera engine. 1.9 Ddi is more powerful and a proper Isuzu engine with all the longevity and reliability we associate with Isuzu brand.
Can this be registered for private? If no 4x4, except the engine what other benefits do one get over S Cab?may be for load carrying S Cab is still a better bet.
Old 11th April 2021, 11:17   #470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Can this be registered for private? If no 4x4, except the engine what other benefits do one get over S Cab?may be for load carrying S Cab is still a better bet.

Yes, it's for private registration only. The idea of having a base vehicle was to have a low starting price. V Cross will see a substantial hike in the prices due to Euro 6 norms and the otherwise inflationary pressures.

Apparently, as per ISUZU guys, there's a lot of demand for a utility vehicle, private registration but 4 x4 is not important. Most people buying V Cross, still upgrade wheels and Audio so they can do it on a base variant easily. If we see Fortuner sales, it's also majorly without 4x4.

I think it's the right decision to bring in the numbers.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 03:12   #471
BHPian

I have a query regarding the high variant (late 2018 model). I am considering a used one for my travels to mountains and such and in this regard wanted to check if these came with hill hold control.

I travel to mountains quite regularly with steep inclines and if such a heavy vehicle doesnt have hill hold, it could be tricky and hence the query.

I am currently confused between a used compass and a used v cross.
Old 1st May 2021, 23:38   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN07KL0484 View Post
I have a query regarding the high variant (late 2018 model). I am considering a used one for my travels to mountains and such and in this regard wanted to check if these came with hill hold control.

I travel to mountains quite regularly with steep inclines and if such a heavy vehicle doesnt have hill hold, it could be tricky and hence the query.

I am currently confused between a used compass and a used v cross.
Lot many V cross ply on the mountain roads daily, moreover it’s a 4WD which gives an added advantage in tricky mountain terrains especially on Snow, Slush and rocky surfaces. If the available Jeep Compass is equipped with 4WD it’s certainly a better option than a V cross. Again Jeep Compass will score more on practicality and V cross will be a heart over mind matter. Anyhow, since you travel to the mountains frequently, it’s better to have a 4WD because it will take you to places a 2WD can only dream off.
abhikb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 17:15   #473

Engine oil and service

Hello guys, I have committed, or rather a service guy committed a sin of putting 5w30 engine oil (fully synthetic), instead of the recommended 10w30 or 15w40. I did not wish to make a fuss about it as the guy might either lose his job or be paying 3k from his pocket, so I decided to let go of the matter and get the oil replaced at my cost. However when i test drove the car on the 5w30, my god the difference in performance was colossal. The acceleration was better, the revving was quicker, and well the vehicle became quieter. It felt a new machine altogether. I am seriously tempted to keep the 5w30 going. The car is still at the service station.
Further, is it necessary to change the gear and differential oil at 10000 kms. as the advisor is saying that those are good for another 10000 kms.
Old 3rd August 2021, 17:43   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsha87 View Post
However when i test drove the car on the 5w30, my god the difference in performance was colossal. The acceleration was better, the revving was quicker, and well the vehicle became quieter. It felt a new machine altogether. I am seriously tempted to keep the 5w30 going. The car is still at the service station.
Further, is it necessary to change the gear and differential oil at 10000 kms. as the advisor is saying that those are good for another 10000 kms.
Yes this is normal when using the incorrect engine oil

Please use the recommended engine oil as per the OEM, you really do not want to mess with an otherwise reliable duramax engine.

Usually gearbox, diff and transfer case oils are not changed frequently in passenger vehicles, should be alright if within the maintenance interval.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 12:20   #475
BHPian

Has anyone got their BS6 version of V-Cross? I haven't seen any reviews or post by owners. I am hoping that I have not missed out on it. At least in Bangalore there is a long wait, I am not sure if this is the case in North as well.
chethan.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 14:56   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShiftEuropa View Post

Unfortunately, I am finding that in the Indian market there are no real compatible rollbar/roller-shutter combos.

I saw this in Trident Isuzu, Bangalore today and this works perfectly fine with the Isuzu Roll bars only (according to the sales guy). I am planning to put this for my vehicle shortly. I have attached the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-61c13583b2ff41cc81c7a85ac42afdce.jpg  

chethan.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 13:14   #477
BHPian

Anyone using the quantum remap for the 2.5 V Cross?
good/bad or any problems at high altitude?
Old 8th December 2021, 20:05   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
Anyone using the quantum remap for the 2.5 V Cross?
good/bad or any problems at high altitude?
I have Quantum remap since 2017, car has done 80k kms with remap, excellent remap with no issues till date. Go for it!
.anshuman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 13:56   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I have Quantum remap since 2017, car has done 80k kms with remap, excellent remap with no issues till date. Go for it!
Thanks, have gotten it done and car feels much better now!
Old 19th January 2022, 00:09   #480
BHPian

Hi all, any news on refreshed model coming to Indian market in near future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks