Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2022, 00:49   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Was casually browsing olx for the V-Cross. I see a good number on sale in NCR / surrounding regions. Any reason for this ?
Old 17th April 2022, 13:08   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Was casually browsing olx for the V-Cross. I see a good number on sale in NCR / surrounding regions. Any reason for this ?
Not sure about other places but Gurgaon dealer has sold good amount of cars, they are visible on road. As a result they do have decent number of cars coming in for frequent service and repairs, their spare parts inventory is well stocked.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 14:18   #483
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A lot of guys, myself including, get bored too soon with such niche vehicles. Also, as the family grows or other requirements demand something different, people, who cannot/ don’t want to keep two vehicles, sell.

Not necessarily an issue with the vehicle, though, spares are expensive and certain locally developed parts are not reliable, definitely not to famed Isuzu levels.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th April 2022 at 16:05. Reason: Minor correction.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 17:21   #484
BHPian

Post pandemic did my first ultra long road trip in my 2016/70000 kms driven V-cross.

Total Round trip of 4500 kms in 15 days Mumbai - Jibhi - Jalori - Manali - Rohtang - Atal tunnel - Sissu - Mumbai.

The truck performed flawlessly. Had done a full service, changed brake pads, battery and wipers before the trip.

Will be writing a detailed travelogue soon which takes time but here is a teaser.

tazmaan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 16:02   #485
BHPian

In the market for a used D-Max V Cross Auto

Hello All,

I am in the market for a D-Max Vcross and given its unreasonable prices, I felt I would be better off buying a used car. We have a small farm project, hence the attraction towards a pick-up. Not keen on 4x4 would AT will be nice to have.

I found a Sep 21 built, Dec 21 registered 4x2 Auto with 25k on the odometer with a quote of 22.75L (invoice price of 28L). Doesn't 25k seem very high for a 7-month-old car? I am worried if the car would have taken much beating if it was driven on an average of 1500km every week!

What are your thoughts? I would appreciate advice from experts in the group.
Old 8th August 2022, 10:10   #486

Re: In the market for a used D-Max V Cross Auto

We have a small farm project, hence the attraction towards a pick-up. Not keen on 4x4 would AT will be nice to have.

Given the fact that you already have an endeavour, I don’t think you need a v cross for farm job. I would rather suggest a much cheaper although spartan Tata Xenon.
On the other hand if you still want a v cross why don’t to look for the BS 4 one. They get as cheap as they can. Some believe that they are better built and battle proven (althougb I feel both BS 4 and BS 6 are equally good). Some 4x4 are available at less than 15 lakh with 20 k on odo. I myself am looking to sell mine because I want an upgrade, although mine will not suit your needs at all.
utkarsha87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 17:01   #487

My Vcross has clocked over 65K kms and I am thinking of getting it serviced from my regular mechanic in Gurgaon this time. Need suggestions over HP 5W30 semi synthetic engine oil. Is it recommended to use this spec engine oil in 2.5ltr diesel engine motor and what else should be checked? Coolant change, hubs greasing and oil and air and oil filters change is already on the list. Experts please advice...
Old 6th March 2023, 19:01   #488
BHPian

Hello,

I have an itch to upgrade the Audio in my VCross but the unusual stock Config plus the lack of space for a subwoofer is creating doubts.

Current Configurations:
HU - Blaupunkt San Marino 330 ( Has Decent DSP with RCA and Subwoofer outputs)
Front Speakers - Stock 6x9s
Rear Speakers - Stock 6.5" Coaxials
Subwoofer - Underseat (lacks the deep thump)

I mostly listen to Various Electronic genres and some Pop and Rock. In the current setup I miss the depth of tones where the Highs are bright, mids lacking and bass produces shallow thumps.

My doubts are as follows:

1. 6x9s in the front are a very rare setup. They are more powerful that 6.5" Components but have integrated drivers for Bass, Mids and Highs. Will I be able to achieve decent mid range performance from these?

2. The underseat subwoofer though does add some low frequencies, but does not have the deep bass(Not loud) I crave.

3. No matter what setup, will I need a decent 4 Channel Amp to get more juice from the speakers?

4. I very rarely drive with more than 4 people on board, does it make sense to get a custom Shallow subwoofer box for the rear seat center. And if the shallow box will compromise the bass due to lesser displacement volume.

The dilemma for the new setup are between the following options:

Option 1:
HU - Blaupunkt San Marino 330
Front Speakers : Infinity Reference REF-9633IX 6x9 3-Way Coaxial or something similar
Rear Speakers : MOREL Maximo 6 MKII 6.5' 2-Way Component System or something Similar
Subwoofer : Continue with the Current underseat get the additional bass from the 6x9s.
Amplifier : Focal AP- 4340 (Front and rear speakers)

Option 2:
HU - Blaupunkt San Marino 330
Front Speakers : MOREL Maximo 6 MKII 6.5' 2-Way Component or something Similar
Rear Speakers : Morel Tempo 602 Coax or something Similar
Subwoofer : Get a custom Shallow box for 12inch Sub and place it behind the arm rest. Making the rear a strict 4 seater.
Amplifier : Focal AP- 4340 (Running the Front components and the sub)

While searching through the internet I did find a few installers in Australia/Thailand who have added subwoofers under/behind he rear seat on the Isuzu's like the one below. Has anyone tried this in India?

Also would like to know the Audio setup others are running and their experience?

Thank you.

-BigStig
Old 17th May 2023, 11:44   #489
BHPian

Does anyone have any source of information whether Isuzu will bring in the next gen D- max and Mux in our country in the near future?
Old 9th September 2023, 10:02   #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post

Sharing a few pictures from my Bhutan trip

Beautiful looking car. Can you please share details on the nudge guard/bull bar that is mounted in the front. Brand, Source and pricing would be much helpful.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Altimatum : 9th September 2023 at 10:12. Reason: Reducing the quote
Old 25th October 2023, 12:14   #491
BHPian

I have owned the Isuzu since 2016 and after driving it across India for 95000 kms without any issues, I have sold the Isuzu for the need of an Automatic.

With the family getting used to the Pick-Up truck and no clarity on when the new Isuzu will be launched we went ahead and bought the Toyota Hilux AT.

Must say the Isuzu ownership has been the best niggle free and reliable ownership so far amongst all the cars owned. Just regular service and still not a single rattle.

It was difficult to let the Isuzu go. Some parting shots of the Elder Brother (Isuzu) with the Younger sibling (Hilux).
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_2166.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_2168.jpg  

tazmaan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 12:33   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I have owned the Isuzu since 2016 and after driving it across India for 95000 kms without any issues, I have sold the Isuzu for the need of an Automatic.

... and bought the Toyota Hilux AT.
Congratulations and please do share your review of the Hilux as a long time user of the V-Cross. Did you get the big discounts that were being circulated for the Hilux ?
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 12:43   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Congratulations and please do share your review of the Hilux as a long time user of the V-Cross. Did you get the big discounts that were being circulated for the Hilux ?
I will review the Hilux once I get time to pen it. It has already done 5000 kms including a trip to Bhandavgarh.

Yes I did get the discounts.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 21:36   #494
BHPian

I plan to change my stock tyres for my 2017 Vcross. I am looking at Continentals or Michelins. Wondering which one is better. My usages is mainly on highways. Your guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 7th March 2024, 12:37   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone tell me what the going prices for used Cross's are these days? And if anyone is looking to sell one, please DM me.

Most Viewed