Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2016, 00:07   #46
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

A very detailed and amazing review as always. The V-cross surely is an interesting vehicle. My biggest concern though is the ISUZU dealership and after sales service as they don't have any dealers in Chhattisgarh. How fast is ISUZU expected to expand its network? Hope they do it quickly
aakash1412 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 12:09   #47
BHPian

Very detailed review. Thanks for the compilation, Team.
Better ISUZU sales and service network will be a boon for the rich farmers in the remote areas who are capable of buying this beast.

Hope they work on this area.
belvaisudheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 18:00   #48
BHPian

As a pick up fan, I hope this succeeds. With lockable bed behind, it might be a great option for a bit of overlanding. Seems to have most of the comfort needed while being tough. Would be interesting to see the customer profile that will actually buy this truck in India given the price is indeed on the higher side for many rural folks given the rural disposable incomes unlike in west. And it will indeed be messy to travel with in our cities.
snan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 20:33   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you for a (as always) well-written review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
[center]
While the recommended oil change interval is 20,000 km, we feel that's simply too long for Indian conditions. We're personally comfortable with an oil change interval of 10,000 km tops. A majority of BHPians agree (related poll):
A close inspection of the Maintenance Data sticker reveals something interesting. Isuzu is recommending different multigrades (10W-30 / 15W-40) and even monograde (40) engine oils of CD grade or higher.

Users need to keep in mind that Isuzu is NOT specifying CD oils as per API oil service classification, which are obsolete. In this case, they are recommending JASO (Japanese Automotive Standards Organization) service classification, in which the CD grade oil is entirely different from API-CD oils (exceeds API-CI4+ specifications). Owners planning to perform their own oil changes in future on this vehicle would do well to keep this in mind, since JASO specification oils are not common in India, and may lead to engine damage due to incompatible oils being used.
SS-Traveller is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 14:47   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

The D-Max V-Cross, equipped with a Sun 4x4 performance lift kit and riding on 16-inch alloys with 35-inch Maxxis tyres, towers over even the mighty Land Cruiser Prado!

RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 20:25   #51
BHPian

I took a test drive yesterday. It's a great vehicle to drive in the little that I drove (1km) and the thing that bothered me was the plastic cladding under the steering wheel was hitting my leg and I don't think I can drive with that in the long run. Anyone else felt the same? I moved my seat back and tilted the steering all the way up but it was still touching my leg.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 23:15   #52
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The D-Max V-Cross, equipped with a Sun 4x4 performance lift kit and riding on 16-inch alloys with 35-inch Maxxis tyres, towers over even the mighty Land Cruiser Prado!
Looks bad ass, but I don't see why anyone would need to do this.

The lift is going to greatly increase its chances of a topple. And those huge tyres are going to seriously bog the engine down. Power on tap is anyway 'adequate', not 'explosive'.

In a nutshell, a stock V-Cross will run rings around this modded monster - in terms of acceleration as well as handling.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 22:29   #53
BHPian

Love this vehicle.

Congrats to Isuzu for getting it here.

I am waiting to test drive this vehicle.

My only concern is the open loading area. Did anyone enquire about a canopy or D-box as it is called to close the loading area?

If you have can you please share the price of the D-box.

Thanks in advance.
ortho_surgeon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 23:25   #54
BHPian

A slightly shorter rear overhang with a roll bar could have greatly enhanced it's appeal.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-image001-1.png  

AJITHAAA is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:13   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
In conclusion, I might be more tempted to rent one of these than buy as usage will be sparse. I hope zoomcar and ilk will soon induct these beauties in the fleet for me to give it a spin.
Well, come to Hyderabad. Driven cafe`already has it for rent.
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-wp_20160927_10_48_40_pro.jpg
WhiteKnight is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 16:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Awesome! Next time I am in Hyd will surely give it a spin. I do hope some of them make it to Myles/Zoomcar in Chennai.

I am also planning a trip to Rameswaram from Chennai, unfortunately cant do a self driven trip, if anyone has a good suggestion on itinerary do PM me. Thanks in advance.
Old 27th September 2016, 16:32   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post

My only concern is the open loading area. Did anyone enquire about a canopy or D-box as it is called to close the loading area?
When we did our test drive the dealer quoted canopies ranging from 40-65K depending on the design. The D-box would be a lakh dent on the purse.

The canopies and d-boxes are sourced from carryboy, you can google them and check out various options and designs. Of course, price has to be sourced locally from the dealer or market. I think the dealers over quote better to check known markets for the same.
Old 27th September 2016, 16:41   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
When we did our test drive the dealer quoted canopies ranging from 40-65K depending on the design. The D-box would be a lakh dent on the purse.

The canopies and d-boxes are sourced from carryboy, you can google them and check out various options and designs. Of course, price has to be sourced locally from the dealer or market. I think the dealers over quote better to check known markets for the same.
The Dmax Vcross canopies are nearly 2,00,000 + I had posted the details of the available accessories for the Vcross in the other thread.

Posting the links here again for the benefit of all.

20160719_Accessories FAB - D-Max V-Cross.pdf

Accessories V-Cross Dealer.pdf

Accessories V-Cross Dealer-smallacc.pdf
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 18:49   #59
BHPian

Thanks alot Behemoth.

I liked the 140000 one ordered by you. I would seriously not recommend the front nudge bar, as the sensors for the airbags are integrated in the front.

All the best. Please post pics after you get the vehicle. I would love to see the D-box. Its an exact replica of the one you have ordered.

Are these accessories supplied directly from Isuzu? As the quality will be far superior to local make. Japanese after all.
Old 28th September 2016, 07:15   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Attachment 1559704
Had a bit of free time and searched the Driven Cafe site (sent by prasanna.vps) but couldnt find the V-Cross for rent on it (curious to see how much it would cost to rent). On a side note they seem to have a lot of other interesting cars on rent as well.

Last edited by sjcherian : 28th September 2016 at 07:15. Reason: Typos

Most Viewed