Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 08:33   #76
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
Guys, anyone who has a first hand experience of the mileage for D Max V Cross. The Isuzu guys at the showroom claim 12-14 Kmpl.
After 2600 kms I'm getting

In city with air-conditioning on all the time at 22°C
10.8-11.5 km/per litre

Done two intercity round trips of approximately 550 kms each
Mileage on highway:
12.6-14.4 air-conditioning on most time. An average speed between 90-120kmph
Old 6th October 2016, 09:29   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
contrary to common perception most of us are using the Vcross as our primary daily commute vehicle and loving it!
That's nice to know and surely does speak about multifaceted capabilities of this vehicle.Did you experience Jerks or anyone else locally ? I find these to be more after the vehicle is driven slowly in rush / Jam for a while.

Meanwhile, Chandigarh dealership is selling one more useful accessory- soft touch open and close function for the tailgate, you might have seen this, uploaded for benefits for others. Unfortunately, they have priced it very high around 20K

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th October 2016 at 09:37.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 09:50   #78
BHPian

Finally after few months of waiting, yesterday I got the delivery from Trident Bangalore.

I drove close to 50kms yesterday around Bangalore in traffic and on NICE road. I felt very happy to drive it. For me, its an upgrade from a Vento to V-cross.

I am happy for the vehicle purchase, but I am very unhappy about the sales experience with Trident. ISUZU needs more dealership in cities like Bangalore (in fact Trdient Bangalore is only dealer in Karnataka), that can probably make them professional in their business.

This is my third car purchase and this experience unfortunately is below average not comparable with my first two, some times rather bad. My previous cars being FIAT and VW, my expectations are already very low

I will put down detailed experience soon.

- Just before delivery, I found i20 floor mats on my vcross (charged Rs. 1250/- for basic floor mats, idol and perfume). Had they tell about this, I wouldn't have paid for it. they may be clearing off old stock from Trident Hyundai. Anyway, I was already waiting for almost 2.5hrs, didnt want to wait more time and not to spoil the mood.

- Dealership finance guy was behind me since July to provide documents for processing and keeping funds ready. Almost 8 times I received a call like this before they known any expected date. Telling not to call without any expected date did not help and I said, I will take finance on my own. That also did not help. Finally one day I was told 15th Sep was my expected delivery. I started processing the loan, which got approved in a day on 8th. Then I was told I will get in end of September.

- Right from booking time, I have clearly told them to I wanted complete accessories including D-box. I have mentioned in booking form as well. Told accessories guy one month in advance. Just before going for registration, I was told no accessories are available.

When customers are anyway waiting for few months for the vehicle, they could clearly coordinate with their requirements and get them in the vehicle along with the delivery is possible I guess. And if they can not do it they could communicate it as well, but keeping expectation that getting everything we asking and ditching at the last moment is not fair.

I kept quiet throughout my experience just because, I believed in ISUZU quality and reliability, knowing their reputation in the international market.

Hope ISUZU gets more dealerships.
mohanaj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 10:21   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yesterday I got the delivery from Trident Bangalore
Mohanaj, Congrats on your purchase, do post some photos here.

Quote:
Just before delivery, I found i20 floor mats on my vcross (charged Rs. 1250/- for basic floor mats, idol and perfume)
Don't worry much, Isuzu OE ones at 4000 are no different and the cheaper local ones would also be minimum for 500-800.
Quote:
I have clearly told them to I wanted complete accessories including D-box.
That's bad, maybe they have run out of stocks but should have communicated to you timely. Do check carry boy range also for variety.
Old 6th October 2016, 10:37   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Mohanaj, Congrats on your purchase, do post some photos here.
Thank you.

Quote:
Don't worry much, Isuzu OE ones at 4000 are no different and the cheaper local ones would also be minimum for 500-800.
I am not worried about quality, rather the transparency which is lacking with them.

Quote:
That's bad, maybe they have run out of stocks but should have communicated to you timely. Do check carry boy range also for variety.
Going out of stock is perfectly fine. They could plan when I confirmed it in June. Had they informed me before, I would have got it ready by now through carryboy dealer.

Yes, now I am going for carryboy full box.

The executives are courteous when talking to them. May be they dont have a good process to track bookings and customers.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-vcross_before-delivery.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-vcrosspooja.jpg  

mohanaj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 20:03   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Got the delivery of my V-Cross today. Drove from New Bombay to Santacruz and it hardly took any time to get used to the size of the vehicle.

Going to Ranthambore tomorrow on solo Photography trip instead of Pondicherry due to concern regarding Karnataka and Tamilnadu water issues.

Attaching some pics.

Travelogue will come later.
That's the Obsidian Grey color right? Does it look more of bluish shade or is it because of the camera/monitor?
Old 6th October 2016, 22:42   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
That's the Obsidian Grey color right? Does it look more of bluish shade or is it because of the camera/monitor?

Yes it's grey but there is no blue in it. It's much darker than what it looks like in the pics. Almost like Innova grey Colour.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 08:41   #83
BHPian

Quote:
That's nice to know and surely does speak about multifaceted capabilities of this vehicle.Did you experience Jerks or anyone else locally ? I find these to be more after the vehicle is driven slowly in rush / Jam for a while.

Meanwhile, Chandigarh dealership is selling one more useful accessory- soft touch open and close function for the tailgate, you might have seen this, uploaded for benefits for others. Unfortunately, they have priced it very high around 20K

https://Youtu.be/Z8cgu1VUnro
I personally haven't been a victim of the jerk issue which seems to be plaguing a third of the members on our group. Have driven about 2600+ kms,I have felt the so called jerk 4-5 times in the entire ownership period. I'm hoping it stays that way. On a recent trip to Kasauli,i did feel loss of power on a steep incline which was remedied by downshifting to the first gear. Don't know if that was related to the jerk or was plain loss of momentum. Got stuck in soft mud and grass, engaged 4H and presto was out in a jiffy.On highways, the Vcross has been cruising with impeccable manners.

However, I believe there are members who are having this issue regularly. Having said that, the Isuzu response to our request to sort out the issue hasn't been one of deniability and passing the buck. They've been working on it and have unofficially informed as that a fix is at hand and that all affected cars will be recalled to dealerships commencing end October to receive the ECU software flash which will remedy the jerk problem completely.

Yes, I too have received information about this tailgate strut. My sentiments are exactly similar as yours. Useful accessory but too expensive. So I don't see myself going in for it yet. Enough other accessories out there to invest in. Next on my list are good CREE LEDs spot and spread.
mani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 17:10   #84
BHPian

Caught a rare sight. Both had 2 Dukes each on the loading bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-picsart_101304.07.46.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-picsart_101304.06.48.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 12:41   #85
BHPian

Did a solo Mumbai Ranthambore trip last week.

Here are the details:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...x-v-cross.html

A few important points:

1. Tyre pressure suggested on my car is 29PSI both front and rear laden or unladen.
2. I kept 30 PSI during my journey.
3. No muck/dirt/water entered the car through handbrake area during off-roading or driving through rains.
4. No rusting under the seat or any place else.
5. I did not face any jerking issues, though there is a slight flat spot when engine does not respond around 1600 rpm especially in 5th gear.
6. There is an occasional kat-kat type steering rattle when gliding over rough patches. It happens when the road surface pushes the tires to left or right suddenly.
7. AC is a chiller and I had no issues with the cooling part. The AC goes in fresh air mode every time I restart the car.

Except for the steering rattle, I have no complaints/niggles.

I am happy with my Purchase. Already booked hotel/safaris at Kanha Wild life scantury for November 2016.
tazmaan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 00:32   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Isuzu India has issued a recall for the D-Max V-Cross to fix two issues:

- a glitch in the ECU which causes a sudden jerk in the vehicle due to a misfire at the 1,800RPM mark, and
- an issue with the rear leaf springs which tend to clatter over bad roads.

Isuzu has already started contacting customers to fix these issues free of cost, as it's authorised service centers will be reworking on the ECU and remap it, which will boost the low-end torque and make the misfire disappear and also improve driveability.

OverDrive
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 14:40   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Caught a rare sight. Both had 2 Dukes each on the loading bay.
That Xenon looks so much more better than the VCross from this angle. The Xenon here benefits from the aftermarket alloys and tires, nonetheless is more proportionate than the VCross to me.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 17:32   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
That Xenon looks so much more better than the VCross from this angle. The Xenon here benefits from the aftermarket alloys and tires, nonetheless is more proportionate than the VCross to me.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... lol.

I had been looking at that pic for a few days thinking that the V-Cross looks so much better than the Xenon... hahaha.

Somehow the V-Cross looks far more modern and the stance also looks better (to me) - The Xenon has a more 1920's feel to it in this pic.

Disclosure: I own a V-Cross.
TwistedFaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 23:04   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
a glitch in the ECU which causes a sudden jerk in the vehicle due to a misfire at the 1,800RPM mark,
Got the remap done today and the vehicle has become very different, it's much quieter and jerks are gone, in-gear acceleration is much smoother . I can now make out why some of the guys who bought it recently were in all praise for the engine & vehicle on the whole.

Seeing some other complaints on the Innova Crysta thread makes me think if Japanese manufacturers are also prone to mistakes like our homegrown companies, is this something to do with a higher level of indigenisation?

Will it be a good idea to wait 6 months to 12 months before buying a new product irrespective of the manufacturer?

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th October 2016 at 23:12.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 03:15   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the remap done today ...

Will it be a good idea to wait 6 months to 12 months before buying a new product irrespective of the manufacturer?
It also depends somewhat on whether the new product is really a new collection of previously existing parts that are already proven. For example the same Maruti 1.3L diesel keeps popping up in their newly launched vehicles. You can pretty much bank on its quality in a new launch.

Of course, I live in Dharamsala. That means that if your car breaks down on the road here a monk may show up at your house and try to sell you a new or pre-owned yak. He says he will give you a 6 month tail-to-nose warranty but when people here have tried to collect on his promise he just levitates over to the next mountain range and phones in sick.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2016 at 07:00. Reason: Replacing title of religious leader
DirtyDan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed