Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 16:09   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_blr View Post
V-cross comes with open diff., and does not have a LSD or diff locks, out of stock. So even if both the axles are being driven, the open diff should be able to accommodate that, is it not?
No, driving the car on road with 4x4 engaged, either in Low or High will damage the car, the car does not have full time 4wd system.
.anshuman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:14   #122

Quote:
V-cross comes with open diff., and does not have a LSD or diff locks, out of stock. So even if both the axles are being driven, the open diff should be able to accommodate that, is it not?
I think by "open diff" you mean a centre differential -- like the one in the old Fortuner & PajeroSport. The V-Cross does not have a centre differential and is therefor not a "full-time" 4x4 as the aforementioned two vehicles. (incidentally the new Fortuner has a part time 4x4 system now)

When 4H is engaged on tarmac, as power is being distributed to all 4 wheels, and there is no centre diff to compensate for the difference in rotational speeds of the front an rear axles (as well as no scope for slippage of wheels on high-traction surfaces) the mechanical components will start to bind instead of moving freely. This is called drivetrain windup or binding.

It can lead to catastrophic damage to your drivetrain and transmission.
gongura is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 15:54   #123
BHPian

As promised, the link to our off road meet over the weekend.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...jmd-isuzu.html
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 17:27   #124
BANNED

Thanks for your advise guys, I can make out. I had to engage 4H since I accidentally made the rear left wheel fell into a deep pit (Right one was slipping then) while taking a U turn. Maybe my knowledge is bad in terms of AWD and 4WD. Any ways, implemented the correction with an immediate effect and, well, what a versatile lifestyle vehicle it is. I have suddenly started finding reasons to either buy one for myself or recommend it to fast friends. I guess my requirements will be better suited by this vehicle as I need to carry some items too at times along with me (But how will one look being driven around in it be a chauffy? )

Any ways, I had the Isuzu media car at my disposal for more than a weekend and we did a lot of stuff with it, now I am missing it though.

Last edited by VKumar : 27th January 2017 at 17:29.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 15:26   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Dear experts, I have 2 minor queries to ask for. Recently, I drove a D Max V Cross for around 1000 kms. I found a couple of minor issues

So, is there an issue with this pickup or this behavior is normal?
V-Cross has a part-time 4WD System without a center differential. Hence 4WD is to be used only on slippery conditions and not on hard surfaces where there is sufficient traction. Engaging 4WD on hard surfaces and also especially taking U-Turns on hard surfaces will damage the power train.
Old 3rd February 2017, 16:37   #126
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Is it possible to install a differential lock on the V cross.?
Old 4th February 2017, 21:52   #127

Facing a problem with the D-box. The dealer is quoting 1.75L for it! But in other countries, where a pick-up concept is not new, there are D-boxes available for about 500 pounds. I am sure we are being robbed on the accessories by the dealers, but is there a way to not condone such behaviour from the dealers? Is there a good manufacturer for the D-box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Guys
Is it possible to install a differential lock on the V cross.?
ASAIK, I don't see why not. Will be expensive, but surely one should be able to.

Wishing the rear overhang was shorter. Anybody modded theirs to that? Or at least, used a different rear bumper? It would be good to have a better departure angle. I believe it is around 27 deg? I was even thinking of chamfering the bottom of the, so that the dep.angle is better (will have a problem with a bumper, must have to design my own, probably with rear tow hook integrated), and the top can still use standard d-boxes available. I realise in that case, the tailgate will kind of get fixed instead of being openable.
Old 5th February 2017, 01:44   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Facing a problem with the D-box. The dealer is quoting 1.75L for it! But in other countries, where a pick-up concept is not new, there are D-boxes available for about 500 pounds. I am sure we are being robbed on the accessories by the dealers, but is there a way to not condone such behaviour from the dealers? Is there a good manufacturer for the D-box?...
First I thought you could also try having it imported & just fit locally, because customs may not be very high. But I guess fitting will be crucial and something one shouldn't play around with.

With a bit of searching, I found this on Facebook : Link

They're quoting 95k for the D-Box. I'm guessing it's locally made (& possibly may not be as flush as what the dealership may provide, but then again your never know with dodgy dealers).

Anyway, checkout!
Old 6th February 2017, 00:01   #129
Senior - BHPian

Guy's I have a doubt. If we order the vehicle with the boot lid and suppose we want to carry more luggage and require the boot lid to be removed temporarily, is it an easy Diy or can this be removed only at the dealership ?
Old 7th February 2017, 13:09   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Guy's I have a doubt. If we order the vehicle with the boot lid and suppose we want to carry more luggage and require the boot lid to be removed temporarily, is it an easy Diy or can this be removed only at the dealership ?

I have the D-box and it would be difficult to remove and reinstall as a DIY. I guess a dealer or a trusted mechanic who can remove and reinstall the D-box would be required. It not easy to align the D-box the dealer took 2 attempts to align the D-box in my case.

But I did find that except the gas struts and 2 hinges there is nothing else holding the lid when its open. So instead of removing the whole D-box may be one can just remove the lid. I haven't tried it but when need be, thats the first thing I will try.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 23:58   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Got the delivery of my V-Cross today. Drove from New Bombay to Santacruz and it hardly took any time to get used to the size of the vehicle.

Going to Ranthambore tomorrow on solo Photography trip instead of Pondicherry due to concern regarding Karnataka and Tamilnadu water issues.
Is that bed cover part of the vehicle or you have to pay extra for that. If later is the case, how much is that?

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th February 2017 at 11:16. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 10th February 2017, 10:43   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Is that bed cover part of the vehicle or you have to pay extra for that. If later is the case, how much is that?
The canopy that you see on my car is called the D-box and its an extra. It cost me 100 thousand (1 Lac) rupees with painting. There are variety of them available and 1 lac is the starting price which goes up to almost 2 lac.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 12:03   #133
Senior - BHPian

Isuzu Vcross @ Maruti Desert Storm 2017

Without much fanfare or Blasts in Press two of the VCross vehicles created history of sorts by;
  1. By Completing the most toughest Rally (Cross Country) in India with aplomb
  2. By being in the Top 10 finishers in the event
  3. By scoring an Overall 3rd and Overall 7th in the Extrem Category
The legs were tough and one of the most grueling that’s there in our country. The teams were private entries (not factory entries) but I am sure that they had adequate dealer/factory support.

I had the pleasure of seeing all cars off in to the various legs of the Storm, and not once were there any major complaints about the car from the drivers excepting moans about how the rear shocks were misbehaving (due to overheating presumably) on some of the exceptionally bumpy sections.

Of the 29 Vehicles - in the Extreme Category - including factory supported teams of the sponsors (an armada of Grand Vitaras and Gypsies) only 18 figure in the final results (even in this there are at least 3 teams that took a restart)

I think the two teams of Sazzid Singha/Parishrut Jinga & Tanveer Singh/Jeevaratinam deserves a loud round of applause for a creditable show.

The Final Results

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-ds-xtrem-results.jpg

Few pics of the vehicles (was busy with handful of things to do, didn't get time to get more pics)

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_9990-.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_9988-.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_9989-.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_9991-.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_9999-.jpg

Hope to see the Isuzus more on our Motorsport scene!

I also would like to salute the spirit of the 65 year old from Haryana, who did the entire Rally in the Endure Category in his standard Toyota Landcruiser. Imagine this - he doesn't speak any other language other than shudh Haryanvi and the Navigator from South India who can only speak broken Hindi (the young person in the pic is not the nav).

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20170203_115132-.jpg

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 10th February 2017 at 12:07.
r_nairtvm is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 13:04   #134
BHPian

Re: Isuzu Vcross @ Maruti Desert Storm 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Without much fanfare or Blasts in Press two of the VCross vehicles created history of sorts by;
On the same topic I guess this video was shared on V-cross Facebook page.

tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 11:11   #135
BHPian

Just need a confirmation guys:

Isuzu recall which commenced in Oct. 2016 for engine vibration caused ECU; Anyone still facing this issue post recall.

Thanks.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th March 2017 at 08:32. Reason: Edited Please do not type... like... this..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks