Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2017, 22:51   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post

The new Vcross is not scheduled to hit Indian shores before 2019, that is confirmed, hence no point delaying your purchase.

One more thing, I like the term "replacement vehicle" which you used for the Vcross replacing the Brio. I mean it's like a Blue Whale replacing an Ant
Yes, it's true just spoke with few people from Isuzu , they told that they are launching dmax vcross with minor upgrade but no facelift as of now. Upgrade is limited only to side footsteps, CD player with reverse camera, semi leather seats and DRLs. No change in the exterior and DRLs also integrated to the present setup. They may increases the price to a tune of 1.5 lakhs it seems. This upgraded version will out in the market in the ending of Feb 2018 it seems.

I want to upgrade stock tyres and alloys to 17 inch ones. I have called mahavir motors Isuzu dealer in vizag and asked them the price and available options. They quoted me 98k for SSM alloys and continental cross 255, 65 R 17 tyres. With exchange of stock alloys and tyres they quoted me 70k. If we want only SSM alloys, they quoted 65k. That means 4 continental cross tyres should cost 33k. I didn't understand their logic. So I asked them only tyres for 33k without alloys. But they are asking to buy both alloys and tyres together and they don't sell separately.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20171123104745.png  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20171128224754.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th May 2018 at 05:14. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts + edited duplicate content.
Old 29th November 2017, 00:26   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I was told a facelift/upgrade is planned in couple of months, not sure if it is the all new or not though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
+ 1

JMD Isuzu guys at Pune told me the same. Updated V Crosss is expected in 2018 for sure, but they don't have a timeline. They were also quite sure on the 3.0 Ltr engine being available on the updated 2018 V Cross. My take on this is that Isuzu may plonk the 1.9 Ltr (Thai Spec) rather than the 3.0 Ltr (Aussie Spec). I would definitely want to wait for the updated V Cross with revised engine, 6 speed transmission and better interiors.

The "new and updated" Vcross will be the current version only with a few minor cosmetic changes. So don't be disappointed if you guys are expecting a new engine or an auto transmission. Changes to the power plant or gearbox come in only in 2019.
Hondaism is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 13:43   #318
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj View Post
Yes, it's true just spoke with few people from Isuzu , they told that they are launching dmax vcross with minor upgrade but no facelift as of now. Upgrade is limited only to side footsteps, CD player with reverse camera, semi leather seats and DRLs. No change in the exterior and DRLs also integrated to the present setup. They may increases the price to a tune of 1.5 lakhs it seems. This upgraded version will out in the market in the ending of Feb 2018 it seems.

I want to upgrade stock tyres and alloys to 17 inch ones. I have called mahavir motors Isuzu dealer in vizag and asked them the price and available options. They quoted me 98k for SSM alloys and continental cross 255, 65 R 17 tyres. With exchange of stock alloys and tyres they quoted me 70k. If we want only SSM alloys, they quoted 65k. That means 4 continental cross tyres should cost 33k. I didn't understand their logic. So I asked them only tyres for 33k without alloys. But they are asking to buy both alloys and tyres together and they don't sell separately.
AFAIK, Continental Cross Contact Tyres don't come in 255 65 17 size, what they do manufacture is 265 65 17, and i'm talking about 17 inch rim size only. A set of 4 in 17 inches should cost about 44-45k. I had 16 inches Cross Contact tyres on my vehicle as soon as i bought it. The Conti's do have a little bit of road noise and i found them to be a little hard for wet braking. Otherwise the tread and off-road capability is great.

Have since upgraded to 265 65 17 Yoko Geolander with Lenso Road Terrain Rims.
Old 29th November 2017, 15:05   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post

Have since upgraded to 265 65 17 Yoko Geolander with Lenso Road Terrain Rims.
Can you send the pictures of the alloys and tyres that you have upgraded.

Today guys from Isuzu dealership called me and said that they would give the alloys for 54k without exchange.

What about the noise of yoko geolander tyres?
I'm asking about these tyres because previously i have used geolander tyres on my Thar and Xuv 5oo. In spite of proper balancing and rotation also, there is tyre noise in both cars after some 20k kms in Xuv and 10k kms in Thar.
Old 29th November 2017, 16:26   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Can you send the pictures of the alloys and tyres that you have upgraded.

Today guys from Isuzu dealership called me and said that they would give the alloys for 54k without exchange.

What about the noise of yoko geolander tyres?
I'm asking about these tyres because previously i have used geolander tyres on my Thar and Xuv 5oo. In spite of proper balancing and rotation also, there is tyre noise in both cars after some 20k kms in Xuv and 10k kms in Thar.
The set of 4 lenso's cost me about 64k and are really good wheels, hardly need any balancing as well. As far as the Geolanders are concerned, their road noise is almost half of that of a Cross Contact, also i have been told that the soft wide wall issue has been addressed by Yokohama in the new avatar of the G012 which is the G015.

Here's a picture of the rims and tyres on the vcross...
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_7636.jpg  

Hondaism is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 10:14   #321
BHPian

spotted this beauty today. The Maroon/red shade looks good on V cross.

But the guy has parked his car on the footpath (not cool IMHO)
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20171130photo00001651.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20171130photo00001653.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20171130photo00001655.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20171130photo00001654.jpg  

DrANTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 11:17   #322
BHPian

Finally paid an advance for booking of Isuzu Dmax Vcross, brown colour. They are going to deliver my vehicle tomorrow, opted for tyre and alloys upgrade to 17 inches. Plz suggest what should I check before taking delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img20171208wa0008.jpg  

Srikanth@raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 23:30   #323
BHPian

Today took delivery of my beast Isuzu dmax vcross, I'm pretty much excited. Me along with my son anirudh and close friend sitaram went to the showroom by 3.45 pm today, after all the formalities like temporary registration of the vehicle , fixing of bedliner. Below are few pictures.
Immediately after delivery went to friends tyre shop and updated the wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20171209_193438.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20171209_164936.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-20171209_164826.jpg  

Srikanth@raj is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 03:16   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Today took delivery of my beast Isuzu dmax vcross,
Congrats buddy, the beast looks smashing. Enjoy the monster and please post more pictures. Million miles ahead!!
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 21:29   #325

Congrats for the purchase and i have booked mine and is due delivery next week. I am planning to upgrade tires on stock rims and suspension comfortable for a long touring mild off-roading with family.

I have been in touch with the well known companies or workshops who offer these services however every one of them suggested me a full suspension kit (with 2'' lift) that is best suited for the truck with their experiences but not substantiating with the technical explanation on how best it is. Just because the kit is from the well established Australian company does not mean that that is suitable for my need. The big confusion for the people like me who does not want to just follow the crowd instead to understand the technicalities on how it address my needs.

All lifted trucks will alter the drive line geometry that result in bad vibes (clunkyness, shudder while taking off and bad vibrations) and eventually lead to premature drive line failure. The simple question i failed to get satisfactory answer is "How do they fix drive line geometry to stay within the expected values (0.5 to 2 degrees)"? i am looking for some expert opinion on this. For those who does not understand and interested to know hows like i was please find below excerpts takes from the article in http://www.fourwheeler.com

Quote:
DRIVELINES & GEOMETRY: UNDERSTANDING PINION AND DRIVESHAFT ANGLE
Posted in How To: Transmission Drivetrain on July 1, 2012

SHARE THIS

Sean P. HolmanContent Director, Four Wheeler Network

Have you recently had your 4x4 lifted and are suffering from a harmonic oscillation that can both be felt and heard? Have you rebalanced your tires or swapped in newly balanced driveshafts only to discover the vibration still persists? If so, it is probably time to take a look at your pinion and driveline angles, or the relationship of your driveshaft to your transfer case and differentials. We’ve all been there and we can tell you that one of the biggest frustrations of 4x4 ownership is to have a persistent vibration you can’t chase down on a setup that cost you a wad of hard-earned cash.

The key to eliminating driveline vibration is good geometry. You know, that subject in math class you swore to your parents you’d never use in real life. We won’t tell them our little secret, but a little lesson in geometry could extend the life of your driveshafts, increase the comfort of your 4x4, and make you fall in love with your rig all over again.

So how does one go about measuring driveline angles? While it is true that you can go to the local hardware store and pick up an angle finder or use a modified protractor, there is an even easier way with a tool you probably already own—a smartphone. With sophisticated smartphones, all it takes to figure out your driveline angles is a free app you can download. Once you figure out what your operating angles are, you’ll have a better idea of how much your pinion needs to be adjusted to minimize vibration.

These days, determining driveline slopes is as easy as downloading a free smartphone app and using your phone as a measuring device.
With your tool of choice in hand, it is time to start measuring. You’ll need to know the slope of your transfer case output, driveshaft, and pinion as they relate to level ground. Once you know the slope, you can determine the net operating angle at the joint (either the transfer case side or pinion side of the driveshaft). If you are running a conventional two-U-joint-style rear driveshaft, the pinion slope should be about the same as the transfer case slope, as the rotations of the joints at opposite ends of the driveshaft will cancel each other out, delivering smooth power. If these angles are off just a few degrees, the U-joints will not be in phase and you are setting yourself up for vibration.

Last edited by ampere : 11th December 2017 at 21:49. Reason: Added quotes. Thanks; Added selected quote material from the source link
sakya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 16:37   #326
BHPian

My beast after installing pioneer CD player, 3D maxspyder floor mats, filming of windshields with ice cool shield from garware and OEM fitment pu seat covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-15135945329619303042.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-15135947342461954498531.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-15135947920601315102097.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-1513594824218779695026.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-15135949216701054137713.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-15135949578062047678835.jpg  

Srikanth@raj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 18:30   #327
BHPian

The seat covers and mats look fabulous. Where did you get them from and for how much?
Old 18th December 2017, 21:36   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
The seat covers and mats look fabulous. Where did you get them from and for how much?
Seat covers, brought from Xtreme car decors vizag for 15k. These seat covers are manufactured in Bangalore.

3D mats also brought from Xtreme car decors, Vizag for 8000/-
Srikanth@raj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 21:58   #329
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Seat covers, brought from Xtreme car decors vizag for 15k. These seat covers are manufactured in Bangalore.

3D mats also brought from Xtreme car decors, Vizag for 8000/-
Nice!! Are the seat covers leather? And are the mats specific for V-Cross? They look really good.
Old 20th December 2017, 11:09   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Nice!! Are the seat covers leather? And are the mats specific for V-Cross? They look really good.
Seat covers are not leather but breathable PU covers. Looks awesome on vcross, fit and finish extremely good.

Coming to 3D mats, they are specifically designed for dmax vcross.
Srikanth@raj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed