Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2017, 13:27   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Initial impressions of owning a E20 (4 door)

My wife purchased a E20 four door is now 6 weeks old at home.

Congratulations Rajain. Look forward to your detailed review and ownership experience. It will help a lot of people. I always thought it was a good product but build quality needs to improve by leaps and bounds and if that does happen then it's the perfect city runabout.
Old 4th July 2017, 14:32   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra e2o Plus : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Initial impressions of owning a E20 (4 door)

My wife purchased a E20 four door is now 6 weeks old at home. It has so far completed 3500 kms...keeps running and we barely give it enough time to charge and its out again. A full charge without AC gives 100-105 kms and with AC gives 90 kms or so. Takes about 6 hours for a full charge.
Congratulations. Looking forward eagerly to your detailed review with pictures. I still recall your review on your Xcent. My questions - how comfortable/smooth/hard is the ride over our often broken roads? Does it crash through pot holes?
Old 4th July 2017, 14:40   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
3500 km in just 6 week is quite a good amount of running for a car with very scarce and limited range.
Oh yes the vehicle keeps running around everywhere. Thankfully we have charge points mapped in the area. Office, home (HSR Layout), Mall (Forum) The Empyrean (close to Chikka Tirupati). We also prepared a 15 meter 15 amps wire for finding charge points where one is not closeby. 3-4 of us keep using it extensively. In fact the airport runs require careful driving (I know there is a charge point there also but we have so far not used it). The vehicle gets back home after a airport drop with about 12-13%. On the way back I have suggested that it be driven from Adugudi route so in case the charge is low it can be charged at Forum. There is also a charge point at The Empyrean. So, all in all in our drives around the town we have extensively used this. With charge points identified along a certain route and a full charge through the night it is actually pretty easy to drive it around. We have not had a situation where we stalled somewhere. Yes we do calculate if the place we are going to can be completed in the charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Would be great if you can put down a detailed ownership review. And your summarisation(experience), how well it can replace a proper fossil fuel dependent car with the electric one like the way you have moved from xcent to E20 for the daily need runs and errands.
Yes I shall be writing that. In fact my Ertiga review I had started to write when we had done a trip to Coonoor and Pondicherry, 1 st service had been done and we had covered 5500 kms.

A full detailed review is certainly on its way. Meanwhile feel free to ask me questions and I will be responding based on our experience.

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Rajain : 4th July 2017 at 14:42.
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 17:36   #64
BHPian

You have the model with the 100KM range or the 150 KM one ?

GST has reduced the price of the E2O by over one lakh. Seems to be a good prospect for a city car only if the running is above 2 lakh KM over 7-8 years.

How is the ride quality compared to two wheelers like Activa or Access ? In most cases, it is going to replace them.

Seriously thinking of getting one 1-2 years down the line. How much units does a full charge take ? Data on KWh/KM or KM /KWh would be appreciated.
Old 4th July 2017, 17:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
You have the model with the 100KM range or the 150 KM one ?

GST has reduced the price of the E2O by over one lakh. Seems to be a good prospect for a city car only if the running is above 2 lakh KM over 7-8 years.

How is the ride quality compared to two wheelers like Activa or Access ? In most cases, it is going to replace them.

Seriously thinking of getting one 1-2 years down the line. How much units does a full charge take ? Data on KWh/KM or KM /KWh would be appreciated.
This must be the P6 variant, this has a range of around 110Kms. P8 Variant has a range of 140Kms
The earlier E2O without creep function used to provide better range compared to E2O plus due to excellent brake regen capability. Also the battery used in E2O and E2O plus are from different manufacturers.

Ride quality is little better compared in E2O plus compared to E2O. Suspension is a little softer in E2O plus.
E2O plus comes with 14 inch 165 profile tyres where as E2O had 13 inch 155 profile tyres.

It will take roughly around 8-10 units for a full charge for a 110Km version.

I had an E2O, I sold it this year as it was not making sense to have two cars with just me driving them.
I will only go electric for a proper car with a minimum of 200Km range and with full safety kit. The current options in the market come with serious drawbacks. I am not ready for a compromise at this stage.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 19:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
It will take roughly around 8-10 units for a full charge for a 110Km version.

I will only go electric for a proper car with a minimum of 200Km range and with full safety kit. The current options in the market come with serious drawbacks. I am not ready for a compromise at this stage.
If it takes only 8-10 units to charge , it's ridiculously cheap at less than 50p / km even at the highest rate slab of 5.65/unit in Chennai.

The range and safety features is not an issue since the car will replace the scooters . Any car will be safer than a two wheeler. Most of our running is within 10KM of our home , so even for a round-trip , it will be quite sufficient.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 09:47   #67
BHPian

One for query! Sorry for the back to back posts.

Is the FAME subsidy of 124000 still applicable on the E2o plus ? That will reduce the price by quite a lot.
Old 18th September 2017, 17:51   #68
BHPian

Test drove Mahindra Electric E2O+ and felt its good replacement for my 9+ yr old Fiat Palio Multijet for city driving

Bangalore peak hour traffic is getting worse and driving a Manual Gear Diesel car with heavy clutch & gear is nightmare-backpain,legpain

Mahindra Electric E2O+ Automatic is nice low cost city car with 60 KMPH Top Speed

Any negatives of this car to consider before making the switch from Diesel car to Electric

Old 18th September 2017, 18:39   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Test drove Mahindra Electric E2O+ and felt its good replacement for my 9+ yr old Fiat Palio Multijet for city driving

Bangalore peak hour traffic is getting worse and driving a Manual Gear Diesel car with heavy clutch & gear is nightmare-backpain,legpain

Mahindra Electric E2O+ Automatic is nice low cost city car with 60 KMPH Top Speed

Any negatives of this car to consider before making the switch from Diesel car to Electric

Any particular reason you are not considering the large number of Petrol and even some diesel automatics available for the cost of the E2O Plus? If the primary intention is to switch to a cleaner technology and it is not the primary car, then of course- no arguments.

If it is just about ease of driving in Bangalore traffic, then there are a large number of regular options available.
Old 18th September 2017, 22:10   #70
BHPian

Quote:

If Bangalore city traffic is your target, go for Nano AMT. It has got some good reputation with its ease of use and a no non-sense characteristics.
I had a e2O for an year and sold it because of not so great use/value with it, even as a second car. Unless, you are 100% sure of your need for electric vehicle, don't buy it.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 22:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Any particular reason you are not considering the large number of Petrol and even some diesel automatics available for the cost of the E2O Plus? If the primary intention is to switch to a cleaner technology and it is not the primary car, then of course- no arguments.

If it is just about ease of driving in Bangalore traffic, then there are a large number of regular options available.
Thanks Rajeev for your response

Petrol is getting expensive every day

Switching from a High Polluting & super expensive maintenance Diesel primary car

Could not find any decent petrol automatic@6 Lac price range except Tata Tiago AMT,Kwid AMT,Alto-Celerio AMT

All the above have jerky transmission could not get any CVT at this price point

Petrol AMT cars have low fuel economy,high maintenance cost

Mahindra Electric E2O+ Operation Cost
Rs 80/- charging electricity cost for 100KM range at full charge
Yearly Service Cost every 10,000 Km is only Rs 1500/-
Battery change after 5 yrs when range drops
Old 18th September 2017, 22:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Any of you have any information regarding additional tax discounts for electric vehicles during GST rollout?
I am planning to book e2o plus in Trivandrum, Kerala.
The on-road price comes to 8.3L.
If you have not bought an E2O yet, it makes sense to wait for the Nano Electric (to be launched soon). You'll at least have an option to compare. I have a feeling that the Nano Electric will be offered at half the price of an E2O.
Old 18th September 2017, 22:49   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rajeev for your response

Petrol is getting expensive every day

Switching from a High Polluting & super expensive maintenance Diesel primary car

Could not find any decent petrol automatic@6 Lac price range except Tata Tiago AMT,Kwid AMT,Alto-Celerio AMT

All the above have jerky transmission could not get any CVT at this price point

Petrol AMT cars have low fuel economy,high maintenance cost

Mahindra Electric E2O+ Operation Cost
Rs 80/- charging electricity cost for 100KM range at full charge
Yearly Service Cost every 10,000 Km is only Rs 1500/-
Battery change after 5 yrs when range drops
Your need is totally justified to go for an electric car and even the price at which the e2o plus is available now, it still is a good option. Low running costs, no emissions are the added advantages. But all that can ruin your primary cause of buying it, if it's not reliable at all. The e2o plus is no where close to reliability and from what I have gathered from the numerous posts by the owners on Club Electric group on Facebook, maintained by Mahindra Electric has only gone to worse, if not better.

Me and kaviprem are one of the few lucky ones to get the car from a batch (80 Kms range) with minimal problems. Inspite of all that, I had to change the drive train once, gear shifter twice, and front left suspension once. The headlight conked off once and the car lost the power once even with 10% charge left. It's a beautiful city car, no doubt about it. But it's just not meant for our non existent Bangalore roads.

I had to part ways with it, as it's not serving the purpose for what we bought it for. Still miss those days of low running costs, absolute zero maintenance costs and excellent Mahindra Customer service. But truth is, all this won't help , when the car itself is not reliable.

The thought of buying an electric car has crossed my mind many times, but e2o plus is just not the car that we can buy at this time in the market. I bought a pre-owned i10 AT at half the price of what I paid for e2o. True. My running fuel costs have gone up high (8 KMPL ), but I know for a fact that I can reach my destination with out any problems and nowhere I can get stranded. My back thanks me for the better suspension. I get it serviced only once in a year, inspite of getting so many reminders from the trusted Hyundai Dealer.

I would still go ahead and buy an electric car, may be 4 years later, when I replace my i10 AT. But e2o is just not the vehicle that I would buy, if Mahindra Electric doesn't improve the reliability.

My sincere suggestion would be to either take the pre-owned route and get a petrol AT or wait till you get a better electric car. May be Tiago Electric, when it comes to India in 2018.

Last edited by samabhi : 18th September 2017 at 22:52.
samabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 23:06   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Your need is totally justified to go for an electric car and even the price at which the e2o plus is available now, it still is a good option. Low running costs, no emissions are the added advantages. But all that can ruin your primary cause of buying it, if it's not reliable at all. The e2o plus is no where close to reliability and from what I have gathered from the numerous posts by the owners on Club Electric group on Facebook, maintained by Mahindra Electric has only gone to worse, if not better.

Me and kaviprem are one of the few lucky ones to get the car from a batch (80 Kms range) with minimal problems. Inspite of all that, I had to change the drive train once, gear shifter twice, and front left suspension once. The headlight conked off once and the car lost the power once even with 10% charge left. It's a beautiful city car, no doubt about it. But it's just not meant for our non existent Bangalore roads.

I had to part ways with it, as it's not serving the purpose for what we bought it for. Still miss those days of low running costs, absolute zero maintenance costs and excellent Mahindra Customer service. But truth is, all this won't help , when the car itself is not reliable.

The thought of buying an electric car has crossed my mind many times, but e2o plus is just not the car that we can buy at this time in the market. I bought a pre-owned i10 AT at half the price of what I paid for e2o. True. My running fuel costs have gone up high (8 KMPL ), but I know for a fact that I can reach my destination with out any problems and nowhere I can get stranded. My back thanks me for the better suspension. I get it serviced only once in a year, inspite of getting so many reminders from the trusted Hyundai Dealer.

I would still go ahead and buy an electric car, may be 4 years later, when I replace my i10 AT. But e2o is just not the vehicle that I would buy, if Mahindra Electric doesn't improve the reliability.

My sincere suggestion would be to either take the pre-owned route and get a petrol AT or wait till you get a better electric car. May be Tiago Electric, when it comes to India in 2018.
Thanks for the inputs appreciate it

3-yrs 60,000 KM warranty from Mahindra with extension to 5 yrs 100,000 KM warranty for Rs 28K

However Tata has no Electric car yet and Nano-Tiago Electric is yet to be successfully tested in India

Mahindra Reva Electric is being exported & known World over as the lowest cost EV
Old 19th September 2017, 19:27   #75
BHPian

Quote:

Mahindra Reva Electric is being exported & known World over as the lowest cost EV
AFAIK, it's exported only to UK and they have closed the shop recently and refunded full amount to all the initial buyers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks