Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2018, 18:03   #196
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Friends,
Fellow bhpian a4anurag had provided me with a contact for Brembo brakes and I would be contacting him.

If this Brembo contact takes orders and ships to other locations, can you share/PM the details please.
I own a '14 verna and looking for some more bite out of the braking now. Stock does not exactly inspire confidence. Spongy IMO.
Old 18th October 2018, 10:37   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
If this Brembo contact takes orders and ships to other locations, can you share/PM the details please.
I own a '14 verna and looking for some more bite out of the braking now. Stock does not exactly inspire confidence. Spongy IMO.
Following are the contact details of the person that a4anurag had provided me:-

Ashish (United Motors)
98400 31919

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 21:32   #198
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Going for the booking tomorrow - SX(V) AT Petrol. Quick question - how has been your service experience with HASS? What estimates would you say for the yearly service? Have been hearing various stories of HASS inflating the bills and in-general overcharging. Elantra, being one of the less selling ones, do you find the HASS capable/experience of servicing it properly. Thanks.
Old 28th October 2018, 21:41   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
Hi everyone,

Going for the booking tomorrow - SX(V) AT Petrol. Quick question - how has been your service experience with HASS? What estimates would you say for the yearly service? Have been hearing various stories of HASS inflating the bills and in-general overcharging. Elantra, being one of the less selling ones, do you find the HASS capable/experience of servicing it properly. Thanks.
I believe for first three years service for Elantra is free. So one should not encounter high costs for that period atleast.
Old 28th October 2018, 21:58   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I believe for first three years service for Elantra is free. So one should not encounter high costs for that period atleast.
Yes, that is correct. I was hoping to hear from forum members, more from a long term perspective on costs as well as general experience with HASS on competency.
Old 2nd November 2018, 17:59   #201
BHPian

Hi everyone, happy to share - took the delivery of SXO VTVT Auto this Wednesday. Thanks very much for hearing me out all through this while. looking forward to be in touch with all of you through the ownership.
we_pull is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 22:45   #202
BHPian

Hi All, I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this. I own an Elantra Sport year 2017 and the car shows symptoms of severe wheel hop on hard acceleration from standstill. It occurs when the front wheels start to lose traction due to the heavy acceleration on tarmac. The front wheels feel like dribbling basketballs and it seems like the whole car will tear apart. It stops only when the driver lets off the pedal immediately or till enough speed is attained before the tyres regain traction. Is this issue present for the 2.0 VTVT or the 1.6 CRDi(manual/auto)? I understand the Sport has different underpinnings and wheels but I am curious to know if the other Elantras are plagued with this issue.
Old 10th November 2018, 00:26   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
I am curious to know if the other Elantras are plagued with this issue.
Hi alphahere, as I have experienced, the Elantra 1.6 diesel Auto and manual show slight torque steer if accelerated hard in 1st and as soon as you shift to 2nd gear. But if you dump the clutch in both the manuals(petrol and diesel), in first gear, there's a lot of wheelspin and drama but that's about it. Second gear onwards though the petrol doesn't have enough torque to make the tyres spin but the diesel can. That's about it. The Elantra Sport with a more powerful engine and a FWD layout definitely should have way more drama in comparison to the relatively less powerful engines being offered in India. Hope that helps
CarLoverJosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 21:58   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
I understand the Sport has different underpinnings and wheels but I am curious to know if the other Elantras are plagued with this issue.
Absolutely not.. feels like it always hugs the road and safely and efficiently reaches desired speeds. However I drive it like it is meant to be driven.. it is a 6 speed torque converter and torque converters completely suck at instant acceleration. In any case I only maintain safe city speeds 99.99% of the time but I've seen its potential on a relatively empty stretch and it has left behind more powerful cars with ease at very low revs.

The Sport version in US comes with a 7 speed DCT I guess? That'll make the motion way more violent and jerky. Maybe you should get it checked out at the dealership along with the wheels/tyres and suspension to narrow down to the problem.

The Elantra is a car best driven sedately and fed power slowly and consistently rather than in one go. I bought it purely because it is comfortable and mature and no car anywhere near its price range manages that amount of luxury and coziness.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 08:06   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
The Sport version in US comes with a 7 speed DCT I guess? That'll make the motion way more violent and jerky. Maybe you should get it checked out at the dealership along with the wheels/tyres and suspension to narrow down to the problem.

The Elantra is a car best driven sedately and fed power slowly and consistently rather than in one go. I bought it purely because it is comfortable and mature and no car anywhere near its price range manages that amount of luxury and coziness.
It has been narrowed down to a bad ball joint by the dealership and the parts have been special ordered. The suspension components of the Sport are not interchangeable with other trims which would explain the night and day difference between the feel and dynamics of the Sport and other trims. The strange thing is that this problem existed from Day 1 but became worse as the miles piled on. There was a slight rattling sound at times when the car was new and even now. But the wheel hop started later on and thats when I started taking notice. And mine's not an isolated case. All the Sport trims have this problem. Maybe Hyundai needs to change vendors for the Sport's lower arms.

I got the DCT for the taller gears and better FE compared to the 6M. The DCT does shove down all that torque without any losses and that aggravates issues like these. Also the car runs on 225/40 R18 Hankook Ventus that are very easily overpowered by the 1.6T. Looking at replacing those with Michelin PS 235/40 R18 once the new lower arms are installed.
Old 5th March 2019, 12:55   #206
BHPian

Hi All
Just got my Elantra sx option petrol automatic last month and having driven about 2000 km felt the sound system is kind of boring and even worse than the OE unit on the Verna. Three Issues i find with the product 1. the sound system is pathetic. 2. the tyres are bad and noisy 3. No sliding armrest for a car at this price. Come on Hyundai are you listening. Hurts to pay so much money and miss out on these essentials. Rest the car is a gem to drive and really in love with smooth At box. The car is well put together and feels sturdy.
Now starts my search for an audio upgrade retaining the headunit. Looking at components on all 4 doors and a sub in the boot. In discussions with audio pulse the new unit of Carplus at Delhi for the best to work. Results follow soon .
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 17:17   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
Hi All
Just got my Elantra sx option petrol automatic last month and having driven about 2000 km felt the sound system is kind of boring and even worse than the OE unit on the Verna. Three Issues i find with the product 1. the sound system is pathetic. 2. the tyres are bad and noisy 3. No sliding armrest for a car at this price. Come on Hyundai are you listening. Hurts to pay so much money and miss out on these essentials. Rest the car is a gem to drive and really in love with smooth At box. The car is well put together and feels sturdy.
Now starts my search for an audio upgrade retaining the headunit. Looking at components on all 4 doors and a sub in the boot. In discussions with audio pulse the new unit of Carplus at Delhi for the best to work. Results follow soon .
Even I have been using an Elantra SX(O) Petrol Auto for over an year now. I totally agree with all your points. However, mine does have an adjustable front armrest. Just press the lever below the armrest and pull forward. Let me know if it works. I would also be interested to know about the audio upgrade that you decide upon.
Old 14th March 2019, 17:14   #208
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2019 at 07:04.
Old 19th March 2019, 15:00   #209
BHPian

Went test driving on the top of the line VTVT SX(O) AT today and a glaring miss in the car is the lack of ISOFIX seats ? Saw a child seat attached to the back seat in the car review in the earlier pages of this thread / is this a feature that has now been discontinued ? It seems even the 2019 version of the elantra doesn't ISOFIX which is a joke because the Verna and Creta have it.

Please do advise. Thank you in advance.
Old 20th March 2019, 12:26   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviationshark View Post
Went test driving on the top of the line VTVT SX(O) AT today and a glaring miss in the car is the lack of ISOFIX seats ? Saw a child seat attached to the back seat in the car review in the earlier pages of this thread / is this a feature that has now been discontinued ? It seems even the 2019 version of the elantra doesn't ISOFIX which is a joke because the Verna and Creta have it.

Please do advise. Thank you in advance.
I don't think it ever came with ISOFIX. My 2016 SX(O) doesn't have those either.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks