Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th March 2019, 12:29   #211

Default Re: Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
I don't think it ever came with ISOFIX. My 2016 SX(O) doesn't have those either.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Yes but thatís what I find strange. How can they give the feature to the creta and Verna but not to their premium offering in the Elantra ? Iím confident it doesnít cost them that much more to offer it ?
India desperately manufacturers to allow customers to choose variants and trims with greater flexibility, the downside would be a longer wait period which can be accepted.
Aviationshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2019, 13:27   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviationshark View Post
Yes but thatís what I find strange. How can they give the feature to the creta and Verna but not to their premium offering in the Elantra ? Iím confident it doesnít cost them that much more to offer it ?
India desperately manufacturers to allow customers to choose variants and trims with greater flexibility, the downside would be a longer wait period which can be accepted.
If I'm not wrong, the earlier batches were CKD (I may have literally the first batch since the car was launched in Aug 2016 and mine was bought by the first owner in the same month). So, basically, they have been doing this in some other market as well! How much they really save in costs by omitting such small things is something that I will never be able to understand!

So, our cars have 6 Airbags but no ISOFIX mounts!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2019, 14:17   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
If I'm not wrong, the earlier batches were CKD (I may have literally the first batch since the car was launched in Aug 2016 and mine was bought by the first owner in the same month). So, basically, they have been doing this in some other market as well! How much they really save in costs by omitting such small things is something that I will never be able to understand!

So, our cars have 6 Airbags but no ISOFIX mounts!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
It is this bird brained attitude towards their customers that is causing these companies to lose prospective sales.

I've seen 4 of my friends on the look out for cars go for Octavia because the elantra doesn't offer ISOFIX.
Thankfully Indians as customers are realising the value of safety features such as ISOFIX, Airbags, ABS, etc and are willing to pay for it - although in a utopian world, I'd like to see it compulsorily introduced by legislature across all cars sold in the country. If you can't afford a car with airbags, then maybe you should save up a bit more before you bite the bullet of car ownership.
Aviationshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 20:17   #214
Senior - BHPian

Having had children growing up during the belt to ISOFIX transition times, I personally feel ISOFIX is hugely over-hyped and a successful marketing endeavour.

A properly belt-secured child seat, i.e. checked DAILY is an equally good option. Changing car models because of presence or lack of ISOFIX mounts is overkill.

We went through loads of reviews then but ultimately chose 2 seats, a belted Mothercare and a Graco.

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st March 2019 at 20:23.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote