Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd January 2020, 15:13   #256
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

Thanks Jaspreet, that gives me a lot of confidence. In the process of evaluating a couple of options. Any particular things you'd suggest to keep an eye out for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Being the owner of an pre-loved 2016 SX(O) 1.6 CRDi having covered more than 75000kms, I can safely vouch that the Auto Transmission doesn't seem to have any issues.

Even normal maintenance and servicing charges are very nominal (8-10k after every 10k kms).

Normal warranty is till 3 years and extended warranty of +1 or +2 years can be availed till the last day of 3rd year warranty.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:59   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Thanks Jaspreet, that gives me a lot of confidence. In the process of evaluating a couple of options. Any particular things you'd suggest to keep an eye out for?
Honestly, my experience with the Elantra has been very good so far; no major issues observed. The previous owner had taken very good care of the car, so I was lucky in that sense.

Apart from a blown accessory port fuse and front brake pads, I haven't had to go for anything extra than the periodic 10k service in the last 31000 kms that I have had this car with me. The other major expense was replacing the tyres when I had bought the car.

It shares the engine, transmission and a lot of other small parts (like steering wheel, stalks, switches, some suspension components, etc) with the Verna and Creta (and some even with the Kia Seltos! ), so part availability isn't much of an issue.

One thing that you might need to keep in mind is that as compared to a Jetta, Laura/Octavia or a Civic, this is more of a GT car which feels really at home cruising comfortably at high speeds on the expressways, but isn't as nimble as the aforementioned cars, though it is no slouch or boat like either.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 16:08   #258
BHPian

Ah that's neat. Do you mind sharing how much you acquired the car for?

I'll be mostly using it in Delhi traffic and even though I was really keen on the Octavia for its handling but the fear of paying through my nose for DSG issues has scared me off. The Elantra seems like the best-used car bet in a budget of 10-15 L with good features, decent performance and good reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Honestly, my experience with the Elantra has been very good so far; no major issues observed. The previous owner had taken very good care of the car, so I was lucky in that sense.

Apart from a blown accessory port fuse and front brake pads, I haven't had to go for anything extra than the periodic 10k service in the last 31000 kms that I have had this car with me. The other major expense was replacing the tyres when I had bought the car.

It shares the engine, transmission and a lot of other small parts (like steering wheel, stalks, switches, some suspension components, etc) with the Verna and Creta (and some even with the Kia Seltos! ), so part availability isn't much of an issue.

One thing that you might need to keep in mind is that as compared to a Jetta, Laura/Octavia or a Civic, this is more of a GT car which feels really at home cruising comfortably at high speeds on the expressways, but isn't as nimble as the aforementioned cars, though it is no slouch or boat like either.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 27th January 2020, 16:03   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Hello!

I've been patiently eyeing used car listings in the NCR for a new Elantra or Octavia for the past few months. After much thought and deliberation, I have ruled out the Octavia because of its dreaded DSG failure issues. The Elantra, in comparison, doesn't seem to suffer from any major long term ownership problems.

Would appreciate a heads up on any specific issues to look out for?

I'm keen on a 2017 or newer SX (O) model at around 13 Lakhs. I found a few with their factory warranties intact, but was wondering if Hyundai has an extended warranty scheme?

Would really appreciate any pointers. Thanks in advance.
in case you are looking for a used elantra i know someone who is selling top model sx option petrol auto for 17.5 lakhs which he purchased in January 2019 but 2018 manufactured and done 12k on odo since he is moving abroad. Still under factory warranty with noida reg. just insured. Sorry but im no dealer only a friendly lead.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 09:42   #260

Hi,
My Elantra diesel 2017 model has crossed closed to 150000kms and most of my travel is on Highway. It has been regularly serviced with Synthetic oil. I never had any issues and it is really performing well and I love this car. Mine is Automatic. Should I need to replace or inspect the automatic transmission or how long will it last?. Is it reliable to take it to North East as I have planned it to go by this Year end.. Please advice..
hai_sudhan2000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed