Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:13   #256
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

Thanks Jaspreet, that gives me a lot of confidence. In the process of evaluating a couple of options. Any particular things you'd suggest to keep an eye out for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Being the owner of an pre-loved 2016 SX(O) 1.6 CRDi having covered more than 75000kms, I can safely vouch that the Auto Transmission doesn't seem to have any issues.

Even normal maintenance and servicing charges are very nominal (8-10k after every 10k kms).

Normal warranty is till 3 years and extended warranty of +1 or +2 years can be availed till the last day of 3rd year warranty.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:59   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Thanks Jaspreet, that gives me a lot of confidence. In the process of evaluating a couple of options. Any particular things you'd suggest to keep an eye out for?
Honestly, my experience with the Elantra has been very good so far; no major issues observed. The previous owner had taken very good care of the car, so I was lucky in that sense.

Apart from a blown accessory port fuse and front brake pads, I haven't had to go for anything extra than the periodic 10k service in the last 31000 kms that I have had this car with me. The other major expense was replacing the tyres when I had bought the car.

It shares the engine, transmission and a lot of other small parts (like steering wheel, stalks, switches, some suspension components, etc) with the Verna and Creta (and some even with the Kia Seltos! ), so part availability isn't much of an issue.

One thing that you might need to keep in mind is that as compared to a Jetta, Laura/Octavia or a Civic, this is more of a GT car which feels really at home cruising comfortably at high speeds on the expressways, but isn't as nimble as the aforementioned cars, though it is no slouch or boat like either.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 16:08   #258
BHPian

Ah that's neat. Do you mind sharing how much you acquired the car for?

I'll be mostly using it in Delhi traffic and even though I was really keen on the Octavia for its handling but the fear of paying through my nose for DSG issues has scared me off. The Elantra seems like the best-used car bet in a budget of 10-15 L with good features, decent performance and good reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Honestly, my experience with the Elantra has been very good so far; no major issues observed. The previous owner had taken very good care of the car, so I was lucky in that sense.

Apart from a blown accessory port fuse and front brake pads, I haven't had to go for anything extra than the periodic 10k service in the last 31000 kms that I have had this car with me. The other major expense was replacing the tyres when I had bought the car.

It shares the engine, transmission and a lot of other small parts (like steering wheel, stalks, switches, some suspension components, etc) with the Verna and Creta (and some even with the Kia Seltos! ), so part availability isn't much of an issue.

One thing that you might need to keep in mind is that as compared to a Jetta, Laura/Octavia or a Civic, this is more of a GT car which feels really at home cruising comfortably at high speeds on the expressways, but isn't as nimble as the aforementioned cars, though it is no slouch or boat like either.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 27th January 2020, 16:03   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Hello!

I've been patiently eyeing used car listings in the NCR for a new Elantra or Octavia for the past few months. After much thought and deliberation, I have ruled out the Octavia because of its dreaded DSG failure issues. The Elantra, in comparison, doesn't seem to suffer from any major long term ownership problems.

Would appreciate a heads up on any specific issues to look out for?

I'm keen on a 2017 or newer SX (O) model at around 13 Lakhs. I found a few with their factory warranties intact, but was wondering if Hyundai has an extended warranty scheme?

Would really appreciate any pointers. Thanks in advance.
in case you are looking for a used elantra i know someone who is selling top model sx option petrol auto for 17.5 lakhs which he purchased in January 2019 but 2018 manufactured and done 12k on odo since he is moving abroad. Still under factory warranty with noida reg. just insured. Sorry but im no dealer only a friendly lead.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 09:42   #260

Hi,
My Elantra diesel 2017 model has crossed closed to 150000kms and most of my travel is on Highway. It has been regularly serviced with Synthetic oil. I never had any issues and it is really performing well and I love this car. Mine is Automatic. Should I need to replace or inspect the automatic transmission or how long will it last?. Is it reliable to take it to North East as I have planned it to go by this Year end.. Please advice..
hai_sudhan2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 00:01   #261

Hello
Can someone suggest a good set of tyres for elantra?.
Old 14th July 2020, 06:49   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith08 View Post
Hello
Can someone suggest a good set of tyres for elantra?.
Eyes closed Michelin Primacy 4ST.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-screenshot_20200714064814.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 10:48   #263

Hi everyone. Have another doubt. Anyone swapped the oem horns of elantra. Wanted to put the oem windtone horn of old creta. Is the connectors same, can i do a plug and play?
Old 17th August 2020, 23:15   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith08 View Post
Hi everyone. Have another doubt. Anyone swapped the oem horns of elantra. Wanted to put the oem windtone horn of old creta. Is the connectors same, can i do a plug and play?
Yes, you can use Windtone horns or any other pair setup - they would be plug and play as the Elantra has twin horn setup,by default.

I'm on my 2nd pair of Hella TwinTones as one of the 2 in my earlier set conked off due to water getting in. This time, I got the horns placed near the top of the radiator.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 24th August 2020, 15:09   #265
BHPian

Hi Jaspreet,

I had a query regarding Elantra SX (0) Diesel auto. I am unable to PM you.
It would be great if you can PM me with your email address. Thanks a lot.
Old 25th August 2020, 18:43   #266
BHPian

Hi fellow Bhpians,

I am on the lookout for a Hyundai Elantra 6 gen. I quite like the design of this car.
Recently I have seen a pre-worshipped one which is a Dec 2016 model diesel auto top end. Hyundai dealership has inspected it and given it a clean chit. It has done 50K kms (genuine odomoter), first owner and the car is in mint condition.

I would like to request for advice on the following please;

1) Is it worth considering for 11 lacs?
2) The vehicle is out of warranty. The owner did not go in for extended warranty. Have checked with Hyundai dealership if they can include on payment, but that option they have ruled out. I have a fair idea of periodic service costs of Elantra. I am not sure of how expensive it can get if any electronics or critical parts go bust.
3) Hyundai dealership have an AMC of 25K (INR) which provides a nominal discount on spares and free of charge labour costs.

I am not a big fan of VW or Skoda as I haven't driven them. I am leaning towards Elantra due to reliability of Hyundai vehicles, wide service network and perhaps pocket friendly as compared to VW or Skoda. In addition, the simple tried and tested 1.6 CRDI with DCT gearbox is good for family use, spacious and also better fuel efficiency.

There are too many Verna's on road, hence not looking at that option at all.

Would you advise going in for a 'out of warranty' vehicle?
Any big ticket expenses that one should budget for?

Any advice and insights from your Elantra experience will be of great help. Thank you.
ijeff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 10:55   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeff View Post
Hi fellow Bhpians,

I am on the lookout for a Hyundai Elantra 6 gen. I quite like the design of this car.
Recently I have seen a pre-worshipped one which is a Dec 2016 model diesel auto top end. Hyundai dealership has inspected it and given it a clean chit. It has done 50K kms (genuine odomoter), first owner and the car is in mint condition......................................... ....
Hello ijeff,

I have sent you a PM also in case you any more queries, but putting this here for the benefit of other members/visitors as well.

This looks like a good deal. Can you provide more details about the AMC from the dealer? Going by personal experience, if your annual running is below 15k kms, you won't even require the AMC.

One thing I might like to clear about the auto transmission is that it's not a DCT, but a conventional Torque Convertor (TC) geabox; in matters of efficiency, a DSG from VW/Skoda will be inherently better.

No issues in going with 'out of warranty' car if it's in good shape.
I have just crossed 80k kms in mine (bought pre-loved at 45k), and apart from the periodic maintenance, it hardly requires any extra care.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 23:51   #268
BHPian

Hi Jaspreet,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, much appreciated. I have requested for the exact AMC details from the dealer.

Sorry I wanted to say conventional TC autobox, mentioned DCT by mistake. Thanks a lot for your PM.
Old 7th October 2020, 23:30   #269
BHPian

Hello!
I am looking for pre owned Elantra and have come across a manual sx 2.O petrol. Though I would prefer an automatic SX O trim ideally, but in case if I were to consider this, what kind of price should be a great one to tilt my decision to this one?
I clearly see that if I let go of auto, apart from transmission I'll be also letting go of ventilated seats, additional airbags and projector headlamps...
Please help!!
pineapple_ameet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 23:45   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
Please help!!
You will need to give more details in order to anyone help you out with a fair price. The model year and KMs been driven so far. What is the condition of the car? Complete service history accessible? Is it under warranty and possibility of extension? Any accident or claims? Buying a pre owned need a lot more questions been answered. Elantra 2.0 MY does depreciate more than the diesel engine. However, a lot is desired from a petrol engine with less KMs been driven and is a recent make.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 7th October 2020 at 23:47.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks