Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-10.html)

Great review guys. Though I haven’t seen the vehicle in person but after going through the review, it feels like I already have. Such an exhaustive review for such a fantastic product at a great price. This MPV is definitely going to give Crysta (Toyota) and XUV (Mahindra) a run for their money.

Question: Regarding placement of a sub-woofer in trunk door, won’t it cause rattling of the back door on high volumes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_angry (Post 4098476)
Question: Regarding placement of a sub-woofer in trunk door, won’t it cause rattling of the back door on high volumes?

This is what our official review says. Long term durability can't be predicted right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4096460)
Even at volume level 30 (max), there is no distortion or vibration. You can choose between equaliser presets…

Quote:

Originally Posted by aayushnair (Post 4098131)
That's what I thought too, you've mentioned this before. Enthusiastic SA I guess, but have to say that Tata has already dished in a dime or two on training, he was very well versed with the car specs, features and benefits. Impressed.

I'm leaning towards the 4x4 (AWD), see a lot more value for me compared with the XTA ( the pricing will tell for sure), totally willing to wait until December (in no rush) to td the cars and then decide.

Thanks Ravenavi!

Website updated. Feedback taken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4096454)
The chrome nightmare continues at the rear. As if that gawdy garnish weren't enough, here's more chrome on top of the rear bumper. Too flashy, too tasteless:

While returning from work, had to tail a Merc GLS 350D for a while. It too had this chrome "strip" on top of the rear bumper. Maybe TATA felt that this would connote premium?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar (Post 4098231)
Tata still needs to learn, look at seat folding in Hexa and Endeavour. Isn't they have thought of, they must have ignored it.

Tata Hexa -
Attachment 1578290

Ford Endeavour -
Attachment 1578291

Ford Endeavour -
Attachment 1578292

Good observation. In fact these small things differentiate a good product from a great product. Tata and M&M have a long way to go in these aspects. However I believe these things can be easily taken care with little bit of planning. The only question is whether Tata and M&M really want to make that extra effort. They better do that if they want to remain in the competition in the long run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400notout (Post 4098456)
....One question though, What happened to the 1.9 litre engine? Is that version happening?

The testing should be going on at the back end as per the reports. However, it may not release unless there is a ban on higher CC engines somewhere, is my thought. It makes sense to remain lean on the parts (by using limited engine variants) and be future ready (by having the 1.99 ready)! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_angry (Post 4098476)
...Question: Regarding placement of a sub-woofer in trunk door, won’t it cause rattling of the back door on high volumes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 4098483)
This is what our official review says. Long term durability can't be predicted right now.

This should not be a worry for 2 reasons

1. Since Harman guys have been a part of developing the whole ICE set up, am sure they have considered the impact the woofer can cause on the tail gate and I'd expect them to have enough re-inforcement in place.

2. In case it rattles, it just need a layer of good damping material to take care of it - may be 2000/- is what's going to cost.

Since the reviews speak very high of the output, am sure there have been no rattling at all; a rattle can bring down the sound quality levels to a big extent.

Filled up my details on the Hexa portal yesterday and got a call in less then 5 minutes from a 022 number.

The agent introduced himself and thanked me for showing interest in the Hexa and asked for my preference in terms of a dealer closest to my address and also the variant for the test drive that I would be interested in. He then later informed me that the TD vehicle will be available in approximately 2 weeks time and that he would send the car to my place when it would be available.

Not bad. Will wait and see the outcome

Some updates received on WhatsApp:

- Concorde Motors, Mumbai, will start offering test drives of the Hexa from next week.

- Invitations for an off-roading event in Mumbai will be sent to selected people who have booked the Hexa.

- The Hexa Experience program tees off in Gurgaon (Gurugram) from tomorrow. Venue and timing details:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-cycuqxuwiaqyvda.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanoj (Post 4098620)
In fact these small things differentiate a good product from a great product. Tata and M&M have a long way to go in these aspects. However I believe these things can be easily taken care with little bit of planning. The only question is whether Tata and M&M really want to make that extra effort. They better do that if they want to remain in the competition in the long run.

Many of us in the forum have been complaining about this and this is almost boring. My friend was looking to upgrade his Merc C class and buy either GLC or GLE. He had to drop off both for the simple reason that the spare tyre occupies the boot space. It is not possible to keep even a single large size suitcase and additional suitcases when you go to drop someone off in the airport going abroad or on a long distance trip. Here we are talking about a world class auto maker, who is probably the top seller of luxury cars in India and elsewhere too and to add the cars cost from 60 to 80 Lakhs on road. Three to four times more expensive than Hexa.

Does it make the GLC and GLE a good product and not a great one or just because it 'phoren' we forgive this?

Great review guys, always! Truly the reason why i eagerly wait for the official car reviews to come on Team-BHP.

Well, i have been waiting to read about Hexa since quiet long and am happy that Tata Motors have come up with such a product of international standard.
I did Tweet and congratulate them for this and got an acknowledgement as well.

I am a potential buyer in 2017 for my car upgrade and am waiting for Nexon.
Whatever i read about it depicts quality and class. Launch of Hexa and what Tata Motors has achieved gives me more confidence on them.

Thank you again Aditya and Vid6639, your efforts and detailing are amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tifosikrishna (Post 4098583)
Website updated. Feedback taken.

Well. Well. Talk about being responsive to customer needs. This is truly amazing. The company is actually tracking forums, collecting feedback and taking corrective actions. Tata is making the choice between the XUV W10 AT and the Hexa XTA more and more difficult. clap:

But the huge gap between the two vehicles continues to be the lack of ESP on the Hexa. Not sure whether Tata can add this now, since this will probably require for more engineering changes. But if they can get a new XTA in a few months with ESP + AWD then I guess they have a product that can beat the best and will give sleepless nights to the Mahindra folks. (And maybe in turn, we will see an even more aggressive Mahindra).

The confidence just continues to grow. Now really looking forward to the test drive. And not to mention the price!

Fabulous review, rated 5 stars.
You've covered all the details that one could possibly ask for in a car review. All other reviews, even from so-called enthusiast magazines, pale in terms of quality.

I had always liked the Aria but unfortunately it bombed. A few rides in some of the Uber SUV Arias have always left me comfortable and wondering what went wrong. Maybe it was something too far ahead of the Indian market that just wanted a UV instead of the premium offering that came to them.

History aside, the Hexa is a pretty good car. It ticks all the right boxes for a refresh of the platform, and hopefully the TML SUV division. As for the side profile "reminding" people of Aria, how many people outside of forums like this even know the Aria? Not a big deal in my view. All refreshes copy features from the older version. Even the Crysta (for the side profile) and Scorpio (for almost all profiles) do that.

I do see that some "premium" features are absent - Keyless entry, ESP, LAAARGE touchscreen (frankly I love the small one with actual buttons). This unfortunately takes the discussions away from the strengths of the vehicle to the frivolities. Again, for folks who are going to be in the 2nd row, all of these features are actually pointless. For them the ride quality of the Aria should be supreme feature that makes them run for it over any other competitor.

The recent posts are discussing whether the seats fold flat. Well, if the option is between seats that people can actually ride on for some distance vs whether they fold flat, I would take the ride quality any day. If I need to carry luggage regularly, then the V-max is far better isn't it? But then to each his(her) own.

On another note, I got a call from Wasan Motors Chembur yesterday mentioning that the TD will start in December and deliveries in January. Eagerly waiting for the same to happen.

Of course, a part of me keeps telling me to just stick with Ola/Uber and leave the purchasing decisions to the drivers....

Is the keyhole same as for Tiago ? :Frustrati In picture, the quality looks too ordinary for the segment.

Quote:

Standard illuminated keyhole. We're disappointed with the lack of an engine start button:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar (Post 4098231)
Tata still needs to learn, look at seat folding in Hexa and Endeavour. Isn't they have thought of, they must have ignored it.

Tata Hexa -
Attachment 1578290

Ford Endeavour -
Attachment 1578291

Ford Endeavour -
Attachment 1578292

I guess you should not compare Hexa with Endeavour or Fortuner. Tata Safari should be the right model for comparison.
How about the competitors like Innova or XUV ?

In my opinion, Tata has a great product on its hand. I hope they get the pricing right. If Hexa tries to compete with the XUV 500, I am fairly certain it may come out on the top. But if the pricing matches the Innova, then Tata's heading towards another Aria story. They messed it up with Aria's pricing. I've sat in plenty of Aria cabs and I think it was a good product. But when you're competing with the Innova (and now the Crysta), good just isn't good enough.