Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 15:38   #1561
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead1981 View Post
I have a peculiar problem with my booking of hexa. I booked with Tafe Access Coimbatore on the 9th of January. I had a great experience with the team that was following up my booking. I had initially booked XTA but[b] I subsequently changed to XT 4*2 Arizona Blue six seater due to lack of safety features.[b]

I am not sure as to how RTO can clear only few variants and not others. If that is the case whose responsibility is it to get the same cleared. Is TATA expecting the dealer to do this or is it the responsibility of the company?

I am very frustrated as I have no timeline for delivery and the vehicle is right here but I cannot get it home !
I too changed from XTA to XT because of the safety feature reasons.
Coming to the RTO clearance what they are saying is true, every model and every seat configuration is to be approved by them. I suspect it typically happens in one of the Chennai RTOs and this happens as and when the first of that type of vehicle arrives If they are doing the approval in any RTO office then your vehicle would have been taken to the CBE RTO and approved. You proabaly will have to wait until the similar seat configuration vehicle arrives in Chennai. May be I am wrong. Hope your wait is not very long
Mine was the first XT 4x2, 7 seater to be approved by the RTO and got the delivery last Friday...
arulpeem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 18:43   #1562
BHPian

The Hexa review thread has 105 pages, but only one or two odd buyer(s) among them.
2 months gone and the sales number is not very encouraging.

1498 & 1026 for months of Jan'17 (launch month) and Feb 2017 respectively. Compare this with XUV 500 for these three months: 1689 (Dec'16), 2144 (Jan'17, launch month of Hexa) and 2190 (Feb'17). So there is no impact on the sales of XUV 500 owing to Hexa.

Comparing with Innova Crysta: 6552 (Dec'16), 5013 (Jan'17, Hexa launch month) and 6054 (Feb'17). So, we may conclude that Innova sales somewhere got impacted in the launch month of Hexa, the excitement factor. But then Innova again pulled in Feb'17.
Creta and Breza, which are a segment lower though, have kept their markets intact, rather grew by around 10% in Feb'17.

For such a capable vehicle like Hexa, these numbers are not encouraging. However, it is still very early to say anything. Hope for much better sales numbers in coming months and Tata Motors need to introspect. Best wishes to Hexa.
kbishwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 18:59   #1563
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
The Hexa review thread has 105 pages, but only one or two odd buyer(s) among them.
2 months gone and the sales number is not very encouraging.

1498 & 1026 for months of Jan'17 (launch month) and Feb 2017 respectively. Compare this with XUV 500 for these three months: 1689 (Dec'16), 2144 (Jan'17, launch month of Hexa) and 2190 (Feb'17). So there is no impact on the sales of XUV 500 owing to Hexa.

Comparing with Innova Crysta: 6552 (Dec'16), 5013 (Jan'17, Hexa launch month) and 6054 (Feb'17). So, we may conclude that Innova sales somewhere got impacted in the launch month of Hexa, the excitement factor.
Too early to conclude either way. Tata is known to be slow in deliveries early on simply due to production ramp up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
I have completed it a week back and have reported it twice after adding more content.
Suggest you give it more thought and add more details. The first page which cannot be edited after a thread goes life is what people refer to for the basic summary of a car from the buyers point of view. The more detailed and complete the better. I helps to drive the car for a week or a month before posting the report but do fill it with a lot of snaps and real world view of how you find various aspects of the vehicle.

It is not about covering all the features in detail but how it say compares with all other cars that you drove prior, how the NVH levels are, vs the previous car that you owned or own, what is the families reaction, how do they find it, how well does it fit you, ergonomics etc..

Best of luck. The more detailed right at the start the better.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th March 2017 at 07:10. Reason: Quoted post removed, hence content edited.
ACM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 19:07   #1564
BHPian

Tata Hexa : Official Review

I count more than 2 Buyers definitely and few others who have booked n waiting for delivery in this thread.

IMHO Hexa was never expected to set sales charts on fire. There are few buyers waiting it out for the pioneers to report and the product performance in real world to show. I would give it a month or two for the good word to spread.Like the few posts from smaller cities declare, the Hexa is yet to be available to them.

Once these logistics are ironed out and we start seeing more examples on road, the sales should steady at some healthy number. I don't think it would dethrone Innova or eat into XUV .

It's a damn good product, reasonably priced and deserves market success.But Tata should be happy if it does a Satisfactory score.

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 7th March 2017 at 19:25.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 20:36   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

Best of luck. The more detailed right at the start the better.
Thanks. I have added all the details and will add even more today. I understand that it's the opening post that counts. Thanks for the inputs, will keep them in mind!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 23:44   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
I too changed from XTA to XT because of the safety feature reasons.
apologies for my ignorance, but which safety features is the automatic lacking in? Are you referring to ESP and traction control?

Last edited by lemedico : 7th March 2017 at 23:45.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:35   #1567
BHPian

Tata Hexa : Official Review

ESP
Traction Control
Hill Descent Control
Hydraulic Brake Assist

Are the four features that AT doesn't get compared to Manual in top variants XT and XTA

I wanted to know if the AT box is worth skipping these features.

Note: Both the middle variants manual or auto ::that's XM and XMA do not get these features anyway.

Note: middle variant XMA auto gets inbuilt hill hold which XM manual doesn't get.

Both auto and manual top variants get hill hold

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 8th March 2017 at 01:37.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 08:22   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
apologies for my ignorance, but which safety features is the automatic lacking in? Are you referring to ESP and traction control?
Yes, I am referring to those and roll over mitigation and Brake assist. It seems the software of the auto gear box and the Bosch cannot communicate with each other. That is the reason for the lack of these in the auto model
Old 8th March 2017, 09:25   #1569
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
Yes, I am referring to those and roll over mitigation and Brake assist. It seems the software of the auto gear box and the Bosch cannot communicate with each other. That is the reason for the lack of these in the auto model
I doubt very much that the Autobox & the Safety systems aren't able to communicate with each other. From what we have read, this is a modern autobox made by a reputed European vendor who would also have other international auto companies as customers. It's inconcievable that such manufacturer would design the autobox that lacks this basic protocol.

I think, this is marketing spin from Tata Motors. I believe, in the near future, Tata Motors may launch the XTA 4x4 with all the Safety Kit that is currently missing in the 4x2 version & they would obviously want to leave headroom to price the product accordingly.

After gauging the initial success of the 4x2 XTA version, they may decide to bring in the 4x4 version. Another trick they may use is to add these Safety features in the 4x2 XTA itself & raise prices so as to be able to make more profit on the product while riding on the success in the market.

It all depends on how well Hexa does in the long run. If it achieves sustained volumes of anything over 1500 units a month, I believe it can be termed successful.

It's never easy to Resurrect a Model as dead as the Aria.

Wishing Tata Motors all the success.

Cheers
Old 8th March 2017, 10:03   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
I doubt very much that the Autobox & the Safety systems aren't able to communicate with each other. From what we have read, this is a modern autobox made by a reputed European vendor who would also have other international auto companies as customers. It's inconcievable that such manufacturer would design the autobox that lacks this basic protocol.
Actually, he is right. One of the TATA officials in a review video said that there were compatibility issues with the gear box and the car. There were certain aspects which both systems could not communicate on.
Sorry, cannot share the link right now, but its there on YouTube.
Old 8th March 2017, 15:35   #1571
BANNED

Quote:

Comparing with Innova Crysta: 6552 (Dec'16), 5013 (Jan'17, Hexa launch month) and 6054 (Feb'17).
I feel it is mainly due to the lack of an attractive mid variant(s) between 16-18L OTR along with lack of seriousness towards tier 2/3 markets as few another BHPians rightly mentioned. If this continues and should Tata realize what is wrong, I think they might chip in with the XM(O) XMA(O) type of variants with few essential features (alloys, Auto AC, auto-folding wing mirrors, even cruise control - may be) added into it with a slight raise in sticker price.

The last thing they should be doing is a price cut to push sales. Let's hope it doesn't get till that point.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 15:53   #1572
BANNED

Quote:
This gave me some food for thought and actually went on to count the number of BHPians who have either taken delivery of or have booked the Hexa.

There are 9 owners who have taken delivery and two waiting for delivery. So that adds up to around 11.

Considering that are a handful of prospective buyers waiting to go through the initial ownership reviews before putting their money down, I think its a fair number.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 16:07   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
This gave me some food for thought and actually went on to count the number of BHPians who have either taken delivery of or have booked the Hexa.

There are 9 owners who have taken delivery and two waiting for delivery. So that adds up to around 11.
We got delivery of a blue XT 4x2 7 seater model fairly early on Saturday. The dealer gave the car to us because the original person who booked this particular model delayed his delivery as he was out of station.

We had originally planned for a sky grey 4x2 6 seater but blue was anyway our second choice. Upon further consideration we thought 7 seater would be good too since the 6 seater's seats are quite tall and would be difficult for the elderly members of our family.

Dad drove the car for around 250 km total till now. Looking forward to a few trips next week when I'll also drive it and then will start to compose an ownership review.
rshnvjy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 17:36   #1574
BHPian

Continuing the Definitve Hexa Variant Shootout from here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4156425

I made this infographic to show how the variants 'stack' up - with each unit block costing what is indicated. Hope it helps potential buyers to make a decision on variant choice.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-screen-shot-20170308-5.24.38-pm.png

It appears that TML could have included the safety kit in the XTA as the price difference is conserved. Do not know about the technical compatibility but there are definitely many cars out there who have mated the auto to these safety features.

If there comes an XTA 4x4, then it will have to strap on the safety features bundle as I believe the AWD system does involve using traction control ,ESP etc for its functioning.

Its an interesting and tough decision to choose between that all hailed AT vs features in the manual. Just curious, Are there any XT 4x4 buyers out there? Is anyone interested?

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 8th March 2017 at 17:38.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 21:29   #1575
BHPian

Meanwhile, here's a link to the Hexa kickoff event video to be held on 11th. All owners in Bangalore will be invited.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8v...w?usp=drivesdk
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed