Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2017, 07:37   #1681
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Till now I have visited Tata showroom 4 times. Twice in Pune and Goa each. Total three Hexas have been booked. SA showed them the folded seats and the probable buyers were ok with it. We all get that it's not the best design. However for not everyone flat floor is the deal-breaker.
I have not seen these vocal supporters of ergonomics ranting so much about the ride quality or the rattles in the so called benchmark of quality car.

Last edited by akshay380 : 21st March 2017 at 07:40.
akshay380 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 09:52   #1682
BHPian

Honestly, no product is perfect. Each has its flaws, major or minor, and for the Product Head and the company, it is all about prioritization.

Right now, if I were in any such position, i would perhaps choose to give a push-button start way higher priority than flat-folding rear seats.

Reason?
1. It will satisfy at least 10 times additional prospects IMHO
2. It is a visible feature addition.

Mahindra hasn't added captain seat options or sliding option in the middle row so many years after the XUV500 launch, when there is such a high demand (at least for the former). Expecting Tata Motors to address flat-folding rear seats, seems wishful thinking.
sachinayak is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 17:28   #1683
Distinguished - BHPian

From what I understood from one of the TATA marketing folks and a couple of dealerships here in Bangalore, the supply from the plant seems to be an issue. The dealerships have decent amount of bookings. As with any product, there are a few cancellations, but nothing to be worried according to them as the cancellations are only a few.

I wonder, what is causing TATA to be this slow in delivering the Hexa to the customer within 15 days. In this age of transportation, the cars coming from the Gujarat plant seems to be taking 13 to 14 days at the bare minimum to reach Bangalore which is plain ridiculous. A similar sort of delay happened with the Tiago too. Bookings are there, but vehicles not shipped from factory.

Hope they get their act right, else it would be easy to lose the backlog.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 17:31   #1684
BHPian

Hello!

Did any one went for the optional sunroof in Hexa?

I remember few members opted for the same and were waiting for their vehicle delivery with sunroof.

Please let us know about the size, quality & fit n finish. If possible post some pics as well.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 18:13   #1685
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't understand why such a big deal is being made about the third row not folding flat. It is a non issue and does not affect functionality in any reasonable way.

My XTA has clocked close to 3000km in a little over a month, including two outstation trips with family. Let me assure you...
1. The boot is pretty usable even with the third row in place. Takes 3 cabin bags, which is enough for an overnight trip for 6.
2.You can fold down one or both third row seats to create extra space for luggage as needed. We traveled with one seat folded. The suitcases did not move around much or slide back and forth. They did not bother the person sitting back there.
3. The third row as it is is by far the best of all cars in the 15-40L price band. Genuinely usable by all under 6feet, even over long distances. Hexa can truly seat 6 well fed adults in good comfort for hours together. Third row gets dedicated AC vents, cup holders, charging point, cabin lights and side armrests.

The bigger issue with the Hexa Automatic is brakes. Calibration is not right and there is hardly any retardation in the initial few inches of pedal travel. By the time they start to grab, you are pretty much in panic mode. Being used to typically overservoed Honda brakes, I am having a hard time adjusting to this and have had a couple of close calls.

The vent does not shut entirely even in recirculation mode. Foul smells and even outside dust make thier way into the cabin. So much for having an AC filter. This is a std Safari problem and is there on the Hexa as well. Will get it sorted at the first service.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 21st March 2017 at 18:25.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 19:32   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The bigger issue with the Hexa Automatic is brakes. Calibration is not right and there is hardly any retardation in the initial few inches of pedal travel. By the time they start to grab, you are pretty much in panic mode. Being used to typically overservoed Honda brakes, I am having a hard time adjusting to this and have had a couple of close calls.

The vent does not shut entirely even in recirculation mode. Foul smells and even outside dust make thier way into the cabin.

That's rather worrying to know about the spongy behavior of the brakes in the XTA variant. Can anybody confirm this who owns a manual XT variant?

I have exactly the same issue with our trusty Tavera. All foul smell enter into the car. I hope it's a one off issue hope you get it rectified in the first service.
Old 21st March 2017, 20:08   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
That's rather worrying to know about the spongy behavior of the brakes in the XTA variant. Can anybody confirm this who owns a manual XT variant?

I have exactly the same issue with our trusty Tavera. All foul smell enter into the car. I hope it's a one off issue hope you get it rectified in the first service.
Yes, during my first TD, i did panic a bit. But from that moment on, till now, i'm a big fan of the brakes! It just takes a few drives to get used to it and once you do, you'll start enjoying the city drives. Gives you confidence while changing lanes at high speeds or overtaking, though its not recommended. I've mentioned the same in my review too. And the behavior is same in MT and AT.
Again, experiences depend on which car you were previously driving.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 20:14   #1688
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post

I think in the re circulation is mode is designed in such a way to ensure fresh air enters once in a while or at specified time intervals to keep cabin air fresh. Think it is mandatory. Otherwise CO2 levels inside a closed cabin will increase causing head ache etc (more so in fully loaded car cruising for few hours at a stretch). I had experienced it during non stop travel from Bangalore-Sivasamudram with 5 adults in the car. Since then, always keep car in fresh air mode on highway travel. Re circulation mode is only on dusty roads.
I may be wrong, Guru's in the forum may clarify
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 20:17   #1689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I remember few members opted for the same and were waiting for their vehicle delivery with sunroof.

Please let us know about the size, quality & fit n finish. If possible post some pics as well.
Some shots shared from the Hexa group on WhatsApp.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image4s.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image3s.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image2s.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image5s.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image6s.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image7s.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image8s.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1s.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 21:19   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't seem to have a wind deflector.
discoverwild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 23:01   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Some shots shared from the Hexa group on WhatsApp.
Not sure but I feel the sunroof is looking too small on hexa. Can we get the model number or dimensions as well?

I remember someone mentioned Hexa will get bigger sunroof vs XUV. Is that true?
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 00:36   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
If I go for Hexa XTA,
I will loose : A next segment SUV, Better brand value of Ford, Electric steering, Powered seats, Powered rear lift gate etc.

If I go for Endeavour 2.2,
I will loose : Day time running LED, ambient lighting, JBL system, few more goodies like optional sunroof & auto lights, 7L (price diff. between them)
Nicely brought the comparo down to few lines. In my opinion if money is not a constraint then certainly its Endeavour winning hands down. The presence and upper segment it belongs to cant be met by HExa

However if you are the value for money seeker like me then I see its a race between top end Hexa vs lower end Endeavor. So feature wise Hexa will have an advantage. that JBL system is good enough reason. PLus the better space, comfort, ride quality may tilt things in favor of Hexa.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:21   #1693
BHPian

I know I am too late for this comment here. But I have seen a Hexa only today on motion. Could not see any of them (not even one) at Chennai but today when I landed at Hyderabad I saw an XTA in Blue colour pulling out from a parking lot and joining the traffic ahead of us. Followed it for a few minutes.

The vehicle looks really brilliant and classy. The way it picked up speed was fantastic. The sheer handling and overtaking proved that the car was really nimble off it's foot; or it must be a really good driver.

If it was not for the goodies, it would be surely enough for the looks of Hexa it might win many hearts IMHO. It looked really understated and elegant to me.
rangarx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 22:41   #1694
BHPian

@Roby_dk, You are closely following Endy and Hexa threads, and Im closely following you to see what a Safari upgrade you make. Keep us posted on your decision.!
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 00:26   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
@Roby_dk, You are closely following Endy and Hexa threads, and Im closely following you to see what a Safari upgrade you make. Keep us posted on your decision.!
Thanks vignesh. Planning for a test drive of Hexa and Endy this weekend. Hope that will clear all doubts and will help in making the final decision.

One more thing if its Hexa then will be keeping Safari for some more time n if it is Endy then have to bid adieu to Safari.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks