Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 22:51   #1846
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I believe that the 19" wheels on the Hexa are shod with MRF Wanderer tyres made specifically for the Hexa. Is there any Hexa fitted with some other 19" tyre?

Last edited by Aditya : 19th April 2017 at 07:13. Reason: Typo corrected
Old 18th April 2017, 08:13   #1847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
I believe that the 19" wheels in the Texas are shod with MRF Wanderer tyres made specifically for the Hexa. Is there any Hexa fitted with some other 19" tyre?
Wanderers. Typical OEM grade lousy rubber. Grip levels are just not there. Unfortunately, there are not many options in this size in case one wants to upgrade.
Old 18th April 2017, 12:26   #1848
BHPian

I also need feedback on side steps as my HEXA XTA is ready for delivery and waiting for paperwork to be completed from my office. Side step is a must for me as i have two kids and for them its difficult with out side step to climb in HEXA.

Got the insurance 0 dep at 56800 for XTA. No discounts on Ex- showroom price.
Old 18th April 2017, 16:20   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshnvjy View Post
These are the primary safety features that are present in the XT over the XTA, yes. We chose the manual XT for the precise reason that our driving scenarios would be 10-15% in the city and 90-85% in the highway. We try our best not to take the Hexa out onto the streets of Thrissur because of how busy they are and how narrow the roads are constructed. For the highways, we felt that these electronic aids should be a must, when you're doing 90-100 kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
Firstly, I am not an expert. This is just my 2 bits.
The following safety features are present in the XT 4x2 and absent in the XTA:
1) Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Roll-over Mitigation
2) Traction Control
3) Hill Descent Control (HDC)
4) Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
As per my understanding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Firstly, there is no denying the fact that ESP, TCS are extremely good safety features to have on a vehicle. I am not really sure on the hydraulic brake assist part as I do not know how that functions and what the real benefit is. Having said that, given that you are going to drive in the city for about 50% of the time, the automatic is probably what you need to putting your money on. .
And this is where it gets really interesting

Brining XUV 500 into the debate:
Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation - Yes (W8, W6,W8,W10 AT's)
Hill Hold and Hill Descent Control- Yes (W8, W6,W8,W10 AT's)

Though there is no special mention of HBA in any W*AT safety features, certain Mahindra XUV500 Websites mentions HBA.

Heart says Hexa, now the head is begging to take into account Xuv500 (AT’s). Though the design is slightly old and there is an uncertainty of a XUV500 facelift.
Old 18th April 2017, 16:28   #1850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
I also need feedback on side steps as my HEXA XTA is ready for delivery and waiting for paperwork to be completed from my office. Side step is a must for me as i have two kids and for them its difficult with out side step to climb in HEXA.

Got the insurance 0 dep at 56800 for XTA. No discounts on Ex- showroom price.
IMHO, side steps are absolutely necessary. I am 5'5" and I find them helpful. If you kids and elderly then I'd say go for it. The quality is alright - just too much chrome in them for my liking.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your new Hexa. I also have the XTA and I love it.
Old 18th April 2017, 16:38   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Heart says Hexa, now the head is begging to take into account Xuv500 (AT’s). Though the design is slightly old and there is an uncertainty of a XUV500 facelift.
Well, do consider both cars from a purely unbiased perspective. You'll find that the Hexa has better overall build quality, more mature road dynamics and handling and unmatched comfort levels. The Hexa AT is also a superior gearbox, plus the chassis is well sorted despite it being a ladder frame compared to the XUV's lighter monocoque. Also, Hexa offers more boot space with all seats up, and yes a much cooler image too.

We didn't even consider any other vehicles in the segment. Sometimes listening to the heart is the way to go.
Old 18th April 2017, 17:05   #1852
BHPian

I have a XUV W8 at home. Being used by my brother as his primary commute car and after 4 years of usage and less than 55000 Km on ODO it has may buttons coming out and interior looks like 10 year old. My Manza which I sold last month having 1 lac Kms on ODO and 7years+ old still was in almost brand new condition from inside from interior point of view. There is no exclusivity with XUV is one more reason I did not went with XUV.
Old 19th April 2017, 10:43   #1853
BHPian

Update : Got a sales call from Concorde Motors, Chennai regarding Hexa. Inquired about waiting time for XT 4x2 and the guy mentioned that Arizona Blue, Tungsten Silver and Platinum Silver (if I am right, all 7 seaters) are in stock, so immediately available for delivery. No waiting period as reported elsewhere.

By the way, got a similar call from same dealer 2 to 3 weeks back and that time they mentioned Platinum Silver XT 4x2 was immediately available and in fact they shared photos of the same from their stock yard.
Old 19th April 2017, 19:55   #1854
BHPian

After several calls and missed appointments (by the dealer), finally was able to do a TD of the XTA variant on Sunday.

Ride quality - wow!
Seats - WOW!

The more signifiant thing was: the car had done close to 10k km. We went to an "off road" patch which I was told is their "proving grounds" for the Hexa. I drove through the patch and then I was driven around by the sales guy through the patch at a speed crazy for that terrain. There was not a squeak to be heard in the cabin!! Truly a job well done by TATA.
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 22:47   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipamji View Post
IMHO, side steps are absolutely necessary. I am 5'5" and I find them helpful. If you kids and elderly then I'd say go for it. The quality is alright - just too much chrome in them for my liking.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your new Hexa. I also have the XTA and I love it.

The hexa has curtain side airbags which activate on side impact situations.

If going for the side steps, please check if they are compliant with the Hexa s curtain airbags.
Old 19th April 2017, 23:08   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
The hexa has curtain side airbags which activate on side impact situations.

If going for the side steps, please check if they are compliant with the Hexa s curtain airbags.
I think the side steps will not create any problem with airbags as they are being installed from dealership only as an accessory.

I remember they were not present in display vehicle where my wife had trouble while getting in. But the test drive car was having it and it was much easier to climb in using them even for me.

Did you read anywhere that these can create problem?

Last edited by roby_dk : 19th April 2017 at 23:25.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 10:54   #1857
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
please check if they are compliant with the Hexa s curtain airbags.
Very valid point. I think there is a slight difference between a bull bar and a side step when it comes to fouling with deployment of airbags. The side steps neither have significant projection on the sides nor are they sturdy (sideways) like a bull bar and also they are positioned pretty low and hence I do not think it will have any effect on the deployment of curtain and side airbags - which are designed to inflate in the event of a side impact near the A/B pillars and also in case of a roll-over.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 13:52   #1858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Update : Got a sales call from Concorde Motors, Chennai regarding Hexa. Inquired about waiting time for XT 4x2 and the guy mentioned that Arizona Blue, Tungsten Silver and Platinum Silver (if I am right, all 7 seaters) are in stock, so immediately available for delivery. No waiting period as reported elsewhere.
The XT and XM are easily available with most dealers depending on your colour choice. The SA Concord motors Pune says that most bookings are for Automatics, and Tata has misjudged the demand for automatics.
XT 4X4 has less than a months waiting, while XMA and XTA waiting varies from two to three months depending on colour and location.

Rahul
Old 20th April 2017, 14:35   #1859

Perfectly written sir , i did same as you told and today I am a happy owner of Hexa XTA
Old 20th April 2017, 15:44   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post

Well, XUV has received some update, in its infotainment system

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...em-404744.aspx

As for its looks and design, it appears more acceptable than before.

Whatever, IS JUNGLE ME HUM DO SHER, XUV & Hexa; so it's still easier to select a true people's SUV.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th April 2017 at 17:46. Reason: Fixing quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks