Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2017, 16:09   #2101
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitd View Post
Hello friends I have query regarding PUC certificate upon purchase of the Hexa. Does the dealer provide any certificate stating that the car is roadworthy for one year from date of registration? Or is it mentioned somewhere in the user manual?
Not sure how its mentioned for Tata vehicles. However, have noticed Mahindra and Maruti vechicles having a 'Non polluting' vehicle mention in users manual. It also mentions the duration after purchase when you have to do the PUC done.
Old 2nd June 2017, 16:15   #2102
BHPian

I bought the ford figo aspire dec'16 and i decided to get it registered in my home town myself while car was bought from Delhi. I managed to get everything done without paying a single penny at RTO but things got stucked when their software had only figo listed not the aspire. They asked me road worthiness certificate to manually enter the details and when i checked with dealer he said its given by ford India not the dealer. I was confused as even RTO said he is helpless without that he can not do the registration. As i just had one day to close that matter since i was leaving next day i talked to the guy who manage these certificate at RTO level IT department. He was somehow supportive and he searched his PC and found the letter from ford india marked to all RTO which has all certificates and after I got print out of that it was matter of 2 hours and all the things were done and my brother just went and collected the RC.
Anuruddhs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 20:37   #2103
BHPian

Just had major first niggle.diesel is leaking drop by drop near diesel tank not sure though its from tank or some pipe is loose . Called helpline and they are supposed to send someone but doing calls here and there from last 2 hours to find a technician as showroom has closed already .
Old 3rd June 2017, 07:53   #2104
BHPian

Local dealership sent the mechanic at around 10:30 in night and it was found that side steps i got installed from outside are the culprit for this . Screw on side step was so big that it has punctured the fuel tank , i did not notice that till now as after sunday i just make full tank on wednesday and damage is on top side of tank very minor but still it will make diesel drop anytime above half tank . I will send the car to dealership and evaluate the options later this sunday to fix it .
Anuruddhs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 08:45   #2105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Why ? When did it become the responsibility of the car-buying public to also instil in dealership staff, common business sense?
Well said Srini.

If a brand/dealer/salesperson/representative doesn't value me as a customer/prospect, I will choose to walk off to a brand that does, not bother about teaching them their business and my importance.

TML have faced this long enough and the sooner they realise this, the better.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 09:06   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
Local dealership sent the mechanic at around 10:30 in night and it was found that side steps i got installed from outside are the culprit for this . Screw on side step was so big that it has punctured the fuel tank , i did not notice that till now as after sunday i just make full tank on wednesday and damage is on top side of tank very minor but still it will make diesel drop anytime above half tank . I will send the car to dealership and evaluate the options later this sunday to fix it .
That's not good news. Fuel tanks are always under pressure. Let's us know what the repair looks like.
Old 3rd June 2017, 23:03   #2107
BHPian

@Anuruddhs, Replacing the fuel tank under insurance would be the safest thing to do? Since it has a puncture, you should be able to claim insurance. BTW what material is the tank and how thick is it? It would be great if you could post few pictures.
Old 4th June 2017, 19:45   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
@Anuruddhs, Replacing the fuel tank under insurance would be the safest thing to do? Since it has a puncture, you should be able to claim insurance....
Just curious to know if it can be covered under insurance? Cause the damage was done due to an after market fitment.

Or, are we talking about a faulty fuel tank design?
Old 5th June 2017, 06:52   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyodi Backster View Post
Just curious to know if it can be covered under insurance? Cause the damage was done due to an after market fitment.

Or, are we talking about a faulty fuel tank design?
Considering how the damage occurred, it would seem unlikely. However I am not sure about how zero depreciation could help.
Old 5th June 2017, 09:42   #2110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
If a brand/dealer/salesperson/representative doesn't value me as a customer/prospect, I will choose to walk off to a brand that does, not bother about teaching them their business and my importance.
Does this mean you will choose to buy a product of brand 'B' (which was #2 in your shortlist) over brand 'A' (which was #1 in your shortlist) just because brand 'B' made you feel like a VIP for half an hour in the showroom?

Just curious.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 11:58   #2111
BHPian

I have given the car at Sagar motors noida, yesterday and they fixed the issue by welding the tank and as per Service Manager they have done it earlier also for other vehicles and its permanent fix and no need to replace the tank . I did full tank after delivery and no leak was observed. They charged 2087 Rs. for labor and welding charges in total. Also bought extended warranty for 2 years so now car is under warranty+ extended warranty till 2022 which is safest option in my opinion. Tata Motors person kept following the process from last 2 days until I gave them heads up that i am done with work and car is in good shape. Thumbs up for service and customer support from TATA motors on Hexa.
Anuruddhs is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 12:16   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
For some reason, though we requested to atleast add a line saying that the existing owners are happy with the service, it was not done. And definitely not fair as it puts back potential buyers and the statement is totally false in case of the Hexa.
Awaiting a moderator's response for the above.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 14:08   #2113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
r they have done it earlier also for other vehicles and its permanent fix and no need to replace the tank
Welding fuel tanks is a common practice for minor cracks/leaks so rest assured it is not a jugaad

Quote:
They charged 2087 Rs. for labor and welding charges in total.
I think this is fair as it is quite a tedious job to get the fuel tank off the vehicle, drain/salvage all the fuel, weld and fit it back. Taxes alone would have been in the range of 300-350 bucks. FNG would have charged nothing less than 1500 bucks so it shows that TASS is reasonable when it comes to billing.
Old 5th June 2017, 14:14   #2114
BHPian

1250 for labor charges and 550 odd for welding charges external they mentioned and rest were taxes approximately so I also found it reasonable.
Old 5th June 2017, 14:32   #2115
BHPian

It is just about three months since I took delivery of the Hexa and I have clocked almost 5,500+ Kms, most of it on the highways. Two trips to Blore and three trips to Yercaud/Namakkal were made during this time. That is more than 75 hours spent on the highway. Incidentally, I didn't come across a single Hexa during those trips. it is a bit disappointing to say the least. Apart from my family different people have been with me during those journeys and all of them have only one word for the overall experience, which is 'Fantastic'.
Whereas when Crysta was introduced within the first month I could see so many of them on the highways. I hope to see more of fellow Hexa owners on the road in the coming months.
The vehicle has been taken for the first service today. I will update once I get it back.
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks