Old 9th June 2017, 14:18   #2161
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

A Hexa event is happening in Delhi over the weekend,

received from our neighborhood Tata dealership

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-invite.jpg

Registered my selves at
http://hexa.tatamotors.com/hexa-experience-centre

Please PM in case fellow members are also joining for the same.

Last edited by Moto$apien : 9th June 2017 at 14:32.
Old 9th June 2017, 16:36   #2162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Looking at the May 2017 sales numbers, it does seem like the Indian junta have rejected the Hexa.
I don't think so. It is the GST effect. Prospective customers are waiting for price reduction in July.
XUV (its main competitor) is offering cash discount upto Rs 1.05L on entire range as pre-GST offer but Tata isn't and rightly so this being just 5 month old launch.

Cross Posting from 'New Car Price Check' thread
Quote:
Pre-GST rollout offers from Mahindra, for the month of June 2017:

- Cash discount of Rs 75,000/- across the entire XUV500 range.
- Cash discount of Rs 2,06,300/- on the Ssangyong Rexton. (Rs 50,000/- Exchange Bonus too)

In addition, I am offered Rs 15,000/- as Exchange Bonus & Rs 15,000/- as Corporate Discount on the XUV500.
Old 9th June 2017, 18:11   #2163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
XUV (its main competitor) is offering cash discount upto Rs 1.05L on entire range as pre-GST offer but Tata isn't and rightly so this being just 5 month old launch.
No , Tata is also offering similar discounts. I am being bombarded by messages saying buy Hexa and avail benefits upto Rs 1lac.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot_20170609180812990_com.android.mms1546.png  

rrsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 22:53   #2164
BHPian

Hey folks,
As some of you might've made it out from my avatar and handle that I own a Hexa XTA in the shade of Arizona Blue. I must say that I'm pretty much impressed with the car. The car has done around 3,300 kms till date out of which 2500+kms was covered during both our road-trips and the remaining was covered in the city. The car gives me a mileage of 10 kmpl in city and does give you around 16-17 kmpl out on highways which is impressive IMO. All these miles are crunched in just under a shade of 2 months. The car though has some quality related issues which will have a clear mention in my report. Apart from that the beast is niggle-free for most of the time and we love to put her through her paces.

Looking forward to hear experiences of other fellow Hexa owners as well.

Drive safe and always buckle up,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
No , Tata is also offering similar discounts. I am being bombarded by messages saying buy Hexa and avail benefits upto Rs 1lac.
I've received a similar message from my dealership which stated that under the pre-GST benefits, they are giving away 88,000 rupees worth insurance free of cost.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 01:04   #2165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post

Please do verify with dealer. The discount is on insurance and not on the car per se.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th June 2017 at 04:38.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 09:41   #2166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
I've received a similar message from my dealership which stated that under the pre-GST benefits, they are giving away 88,000 rupees worth insurance free of cost.
Please check the model on which this discount is offered. It is XE XM and XT.
No discount on XMA XTA and XT 4X4.
This shows that only models they have in excess stock are being offered at a discount.

Rahul
Old 12th June 2017, 17:51   #2167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Note to mods: Pls re-confirm the presence of express-up feature that you have noted as present for the driver's window.
Error confirmed and corrected accordingly. Other comments stand as they are. Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th June 2017 at 06:17.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 22:49   #2168
BANNED

So, I got the chance to test drive the Tata Hexa last week. The objective was to upgrade my i20 to a larger vehicle. I had already tried the Innova crysta and the xuv 500. I almost instantly ruled those out Innova for its ridiculous price tag and XUV for its not so great fit and finish.

I first saw the Hexa a couple of months back during a promotional concert here at Kochi. When I first saw the machine the reaction was, WOW! The looks and the interiors were instantly sold in my heart. I did not see a Hexa on the street for a long time until last week when I got it for the test drive. I was looking for the automatic version and hence got the XTA for the test drive. The Sales guy was very prompt in arranging for the test drive and he came to my house with the vehicle on saturday morning. Kudos to concorde motors for being buyer friendly. I took a long and nice test drive through the country side streets and a town nearby through the roads which use regularly. I was very impressed by the overall performance of the car. The cabin was very plush and quiet. The engine was very refined and smooth. It fit my driving style and I liked the commanding view and overall strength the car made me feel. It had great value for money when compared with the innova crysta. I found quite a lot of people stuck on discussing whether it is an MPV or SUV. Frankly, I did not care because as far as I am concerned, it is a great car and it does put a smile on my face. Sad that a large chunk of the market are still hung up on Innova.

A couple of things that came as question in my mind which I would like to ask present Hexa owners is that:

1) The vehicle sits quite high up and my mom and dad are both 60+. Would it be a big problem for them to get in and out of the vehicle? My mom always wears a saree. They were not home for the test drive and I could not try it.
2) Would the selection between the captain seats and bench seat affect the ingress?
3) I have gone through side step options. Are there electric side steps available. If yes what would be the price?
4) Can anyone with the sky grey, platinum silver and arizona blue post some pics of the vehicle. I am confused on the color.

Unfortunately I will have to wait till August to actually purchase the vehicle due to some Financial issues. I would probably make the booking by end of the month. Right now I am looking at all online videos of Hexa plus any online posts remotely related with the vehicle.
Old 13th June 2017, 04:39   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nchaly View Post

A couple of things that came as question in my mind which I would like to ask present Hexa owners is that:

1) The vehicle sits quite high up and my mom and dad are both 60+. Would it be a big problem for them to get in and out of the vehicle? My mom always wears a saree. They were not home for the test drive and I could not try it.

I own a Hexa XTA - 6 seater. My dad is 75+ years and he does not have any issues getting in or out of Hexa. I would consider him to be slightly more agile than people his age. My mom is 70+ yrs and always in saree. She finds it a bit difficult to get into Hexa. However her agility is slightly lower than normal. I would recommend side step for old parents.
sureshurs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 09:20   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
2) Would the selection between the captain seats and bench seat affect the ingress?
There is a difference in the height of the seat base between them. The captain seats are a couple of inches higher than the bench and for elderly folks bench is better.
Old 13th June 2017, 10:20   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
I have an Aria and parents who are 88 and 77 yrs old. They travel in Aria at-least once a week and find it ok to get in and get out. In fact my father finds it easier than sedans. Btw, yes my mother also always wears a saree and finds it relatively more difficult than my father, but manageable.
Old 14th June 2017, 10:37   #2172
BHPian

The GST benefits discount seems to be going on through the end of the month! With a chance to win a Tiago every week.
Old 14th June 2017, 11:43   #2173
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post

I checked the owner's manual. It describes the Express DOWN function but makes no mention of Express UP. The warning though indicates absence of anti pinch feature. Which also points to no express-up.
The HEXAs window control stalks and functionality are ditto from the ARIA. All four windows have one-touch down in the ARIA, none have one touch up, (Even in the base version) hence the warning. IMO, since the up is manually controlled, where's the requirement of a warning ?
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 17:44   #2174
BHPian

A text I received today from AM-TATAMO:

Quote:
Great Savings before GST benefits upto Rs.1 lakh on Hexa + Assured gift and one lucky customer to win Tiago every week this month. Give us a missed call on 8306688282.T&C*
Don't think GST is entirely at play here. It is in part thanks to only 727 units sold in May'17, and TATA knows that such low numbers in consecutive months is not good for market perception & Hexa, howsoever promising it is, would be deemed a failure.
Old 14th June 2017, 18:27   #2175

Quote:
3) I have gone through side step options. Are there electric side steps available. If yes what would be the price?
1) I think a side-step is a must. I have a 6-seater Plat Silver XTA, and my parents do use side steps a lot when using Hexa.
2) For second row, no. For third row, probably. Aditya mentions this in details in his review. IMO, third row access is a bit cumbersome with bench seats.
3) No idea. I'd be wary of third party electric side steps. I'd only consider them if they are a dealer installed accessory. The regular ones work fine though.

Good luck!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks