Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2017, 19:02   #2506
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post

We will be losing out on 4 additional air bags, 2 speakers, fog lamps and lots of chrome (which is actually good). We will get in return an even better ride quality, cheaper to maintain 16" tyre and a 3 lakh saving. And I plan to change the steel rims to alloys to enhance the look a bit.

What do you guys think? Would appreciate some feedback. Thank you.
Fantastic value at that price. As you mentioned the 16inch are abuse friendly and you do get essential features like heated ORVMS and reverse parking sensors. Tata has nice looking 16inch alloys with great finish for rs 8500/- per wheel. Check out the pics how it looks in white and blue body color.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170731wa0021.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170731wa0020.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170731wa0022.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170730wa0019.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170730wa0009.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170730wa0011.jpg  

Last edited by damodar : 1st August 2017 at 19:20.
damodar is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 19:17   #2507
BHPian

No offence to current hexa xma/xe owners or prospective buyers, those 16 inch wheels make hexa look like a updated aria. 19inch rims makes it look a different breed altogether.
Vikvkv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 19:38   #2508
BHPian

It seems that the Hexa has bought in some good numbers for TML this month and thanks to the GST (also the inner price correction), the people feel that the Hexa is now a VFM offering and the feeling of owning a premium car feel is unmatched in this budget. The month of July saw 2,808 cars dispatched all over the country which is translated in 110% increase in its sales. Though, the segment leader, the Innova Crysta still continues to outsell it's competitors and TKL has sold some 9,300+ copies of the Crysta. The Jeep India also has a good number of pre-bookings in its favour w.r.t the Compass and the company presently has 5000+ bookings for the Compass. Hope that FCA does the same as Tata is doing in-terms of service experience and I cannot see a capable product failing due to the bad after-sales experience. Here's the link to the said info. : https://auto.ndtv.com/news/car-sales...n-year-1731808

Slightly OT, if the monthly sales (excluding July) are north side of 1,500 copies of the Hexa, I'm afraid that the rarity of the beast will not be maintained and will be a common sight on the Indian roads. I hope that TML sells something around 1,500 pieces which will ensure good profits for the company and at the same time ensure exclusitivity for the existing car customers.

Quote:
Went to check out the hexa again with my wife this time. She absolutely loved the overall space, the high seating and even the last row when compared to others. She wanted to book one right away!!

I am thinking now if xma, the mid variant, at 16.6 lakhs on road Hyderabad could actually be one value for money product. The price is including registration, insurance and 1 year/50,000 kms extended warranty. No discounts but they hinted at some freebies at the time of booking.

We will be losing out on 4 additional air bags, 2 speakers, fog lamps and lots of chrome (which is actually good). We will get in return an even better ride quality, cheaper to maintain 16" tyre and a 3 lakh saving. And I plan to change the steel rims to alloys to enhance the look a bit.

Would appreciate some feedback. Thank you.
Hi sir,
I would recommend you to go for the XTA eyes closed as the feature-feature comparison between the XMA and XTA is endless and that extra 3 lacs spent might translate into a little extra amount in the monthly EMI's but ultimately the XTA has a lot of features and especially when you compare it with its cheaper XMA trim, the XMA feels so bare-bones and XTA has many more good-to-have features and essential features which are a must have if you are buying a car from this segment. Secondly, the feeling of owning a high-end variant is matchless and you'll never regret buying a high-end variant which cannot be said for the lower variants.

All the best for your future purchase,
Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 20:05   #2509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you guys think? Would appreciate some feedback. Thank you.

If you can afford the additional 3 lakhs, don't compromise on the safety of the family. Considering you might keep the car for around 5-6 years, the additional amount will definitely be worth paying upfront.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 20:18   #2510
BHPian

My mail to Tata customer care few minutes ago "Dear Customer support,
I have registered complaint with ref no 1-62165918100.
The details are as follows:
A) I booked Hexa XTA pearl white 7str with Hartron Motors, Gurgaon, because they had one in stock. Inspite of my booking, they sold it off to someone else and informed me later.
B) they have been telling me that a new Hexa XTA pearl white 7str has been loaded from Pune factory on 21st July. Every day till today - 1st august, they have been telling me that the vehicle will arrive tomorrow. But that tomorrow has already taken 12days and still car has not arrived. Every time, I have to call and check - no proactive information from dealer.

I request Tata motors to take a note of this and tell me if dealer is really speaking truth - it takes 12+ days for vehicle to come from Pune to Gurgaon? Why should customer not Buy another brand vehicles?
Why should I take such a big risk with Tata ? Same thing can happen for spare parts later on - do you expect customer to wait that long ?

Regards,
Abhishek Garg
97176****7
"
Let us see if someone from Tata responds

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd August 2017 at 10:03. Reason: Masked mobile number
Old 1st August 2017, 20:59   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
My mail to Tata customer care few minutes ago "Dear Customer support,
I have registered complaint with ref no 1-62165918100.

"
Let us see if someone from Tata responds
Try this contact for Gurgaon -
Gurgaon
Phone: 2805141
Fax: 2805140
Email: carnorth@tatamotors.com

Best of luck
Old 1st August 2017, 21:29   #2512
BHPian

Thanks buddy..
Mail to carnorth@tatamotors.com bounced back twice...
will try the phone number tomorrow
Old 1st August 2017, 22:04   #2513
BHPian

The reason why I think the XMA is worth the asking price is for someone on a strict budget, stretching the additional 3 laks on road for XTA will be a big deal. Now the 19inch MRF tyres are great with no road noise and good grip under braking, but when it comes to replacement time they will cost Rs 12,100 for each vs Rs 8000 for 16inch ones. Look​ at what XMA offers even when compared to the Innova Crysta G AT in terms of safety which is costlier by nearly 2.3 lak on road. Hexa comes with all 4 disc brakes and corner stability control aka CSC in TATA speak which is a better setup than the Toyota. I have tried to emulate how it works while testing driving at various speeds and never did HEXA felt out of control. Usually in a vehicle weighing more than 2 tonnes we tend to be cautious and don't drive like a low slung sedan pushing in corners but I did try that too. And me coming from an Aria and moving on to a XTA this March I can safely say HEXA even in XMA variant is dynamically the safest 2 tonner in the market. And except the 19inch looks and 6 airbags XTA doesn't offer much difference in terms of safety nannies over XMA.

Last edited by damodar : 1st August 2017 at 22:12.
damodar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 22:52   #2514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
I was in same dilemma and if I add up the costs of all these to xma -> xta does not look costly. Question is more about budget.
Finally, I booked XTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
absolutely worth the 3 extra lakhs imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
If nothing else, you are getting 4 airbags for the price of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Fantastic value at that price. As you mentioned the 16inch are abuse friendly and you do get essential features like heated ORVMS and reverse parking sensors. Tata has nice looking 16inch alloys with great finish for rs 8500/- per wheel. Check out the pics how it looks in white and blue body color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hi sir,
I would recommend you to go for the XTA eyes closed as the feature-feature comparison between the XMA and XTA is endless
Varun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
If you can afford the additional 3 lakhs, don't compromise on the safety of the family.
Thanks Abhishek, Nvldvr, Dryice, Damodar, Varun and Arjun for the awesome suggestions! Really appreciate your feedback! How can I not go by what fellow bhpians so unanimously say, XTA it will be then!
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 00:18   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Abhishek, Nvldvr, Dryice, Damodar, Varun and Arjun for the awesome suggestions! Really appreciate your feedback! How can I not go by what fellow bhpians so unanimously say, XTA it will be then!
Additional Safety features must be optional in all variant, this shouldn't be treated as a luxury item. On demand even XE variant should be supplied with 6 airbags and other necessary safety features. True for any car but expect TATAs to come first with such an offer starting with Hexa

Last edited by kbishwa : 2nd August 2017 at 00:20. Reason: Grammar
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 00:23   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Keep us updated on your purchase and hope you enjoy the JBL system. This was the main reason why i went for the XT over XM. Heck, i didn't even bother over the alloys!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:59   #2517
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think the Hexa's sales are a lot lesser than reported on the sales threads. This is the nth time I'm hearing of old stock at the dealer's end.

Big thanks to Hanish for sharing!

Quote:
SUB: Alert a fellow Team-BHPian who has booked a Hexa with Prerana

Saw a message on the Hexa review thread about a person who has booked Hexa XTA (if I am not wrong). He had been promised a June vehicle by Prerana Motors, but was later shown a May vehicle during the PDI. Vague justification was given.

Even I am in a similar situation with Prerana Motors. I have paid them the full amount for Hexa 4x4, was promised June vehicle and when I went for PDI check before registration today, I was shown a March vehicle - that too with rusting in the boot wrt screws etc. So I told them, I don't want this vehicle and have asked them to arrange a May or June vehicle. After their trying to and failing to persuade me to take that March vehicle, I told them I was very sad with their unprofessional behaviour.

They promised to check with the factory. After 1 hour or so, dealer informed me that there is a May vehicle with a different Tata dealer and they will check and get back by the evening as to whether they can arrange the same or not. However, I haven't heard from them till now.

Do alert that person about the same.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 10:42   #2518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think the Hexa's sales are a lot lesser than reported on the sales threads. This is the nth time I'm hearing of old stock at the dealer's end.

Honestly I'm not surprised. Two counts:
(i) While the Hexa may be a competent product per se, its still not an SUV in the perception of the aam junta. In our SUV mad country, this is a big downer. The van like image just doesnt work, unless you were christened "Innova" at birth and your daddy answers to the name "Toyota".

(ii) Dealers make or break a company. Tata dealers are universally pathetic. Period. Saying this from long personal experience having owned two indicas and two safaris. In contrast M&M dealers rock and the company is super responsive. Case in point, when I got android auto update on my XUV, the dealer charged me 999/- (for what is supposed to be a free upgrade- later was clarified that this was labour charges and the software itself is free!!). I tweeted to M&M and Anand mahindra, got a reply in 2 mins and a call from their regional manager in 15 mins! beat that!

Hence, expect reasonably priced hexas in the used marked a couple of years from now where owners sell their cars out of sheer frustration and incompetence of the service stations.
himanshugoswami is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 10:59   #2519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

While I don't approve of trying to pass off older stocks, they are not hiding or dissuading PDI to cover their tracks. I have seen Nexa dealers trying to play around with stocks. Some of them trying to take money for quicker delivery of their popular model, Baleno. I have shared my experience earlier and I see the Tata experience to be not much inferior to Nexa.

But thanks for alerting all the prospective buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
(ii) Case in point, when I got android auto update on my XUV, the dealer charged me 999/- (for what is supposed to be a free upgrade- later was clarified that this was labour charges and the software itself is free!!). I tweeted to M&M and Anand mahindra, got a reply in 2 mins and a call from their regional manager in 15 mins! beat that!
You can refer the confusion created by Maruti dealers for the Android Auto updates. Some customers got away with the updates when the dealers were unaware of any official communication or were willing to "co-operate"/help out unofficially.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...nt-system.html

PS: My examples are from Maruti Suzuki due to my exposure to MASS only. Me and several of my friends own MS cars.

Quote:
Hence, expect reasonably priced hexas in the used marked a couple of years from now where owners sell their cars out of sheer frustration and incompetence of the service stations.
I have 3 Hexa owners in my area (2 XTA and 1 XT) and I have got a chance to talk them on different occasions. All of them are extremely happy with their purchase (despite the recent price cut). I see them proudly driving their beasts on the roads.

Last edited by ashis89 : 2nd August 2017 at 11:02. Reason: Multi-quote
ashis89 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 11:02   #2520
BHPian

Quote:

I have booked a XTA sky grey yesterday. I asked for the VIN yesterday and I found that I have been allotted a may-manufactured vehicle. I called the dealer and questioned this, I was informed the following

That SKY grey is not the fast moving color and the fast moving color is Arizona blue
If I want a July manufactured vehicle, I can be provided an XTA in Arizona Blue color (which I said no to) as per the dealer
Dealers do not pre-order sky grey color as it is not the fast moving ones for them
The plant produces at least 250 vehicles in the same color at one go and till the stocks are near to finish they do not produce the same color again until they have sufficient orders. They go for the ones which has good number of bookings

I found these points valid and proceeded with the booking in the same color.
I was also under three minds (read XUV 170bhp, compass and XTA). I had taken extensive test drive of Xuv current version and I did not feel self-assured about the vehicle. I cannot wait for XUV 170 BHP with new features for uncertain months. I have not even heard anything concrete as well. Compass, I could not test drive, however I was with the vehicle exploring in and out. It really felt small for an upgrade in terms of space and size.

Finally, XTA won and I would get the delivery next week.
SaNdY_AR is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks