Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2017, 11:12   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Why is Tata holding back on introduction of an Automatic 4x4 HEXA. This is a good time to do so and capture some more market share.
Old 3rd August 2017, 14:13   #2537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Why is Tata holding back on introduction of an Automatic 4x4 HEXA. This is a good time to do so and capture some more market share.
Possibly, price and avoiding cannibalization?

For the Hexa, price plays a very important part in its success, as there are very few other reasons why the casual buyer would buy one.

The 4x4 AT version will most likely end up being the costliest variant which would jack up its price perception as a "costly" car.

Sales have highlighted that the AT has been the preferred gearbox so the 4x4 AT could possibly cannibalize other variants.

But given Hexa's current state, might as well bring in the 4x4 AT! Go all out, Tata!
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:25   #2538
BHPian

The big boy is finally here. Arrived late last night by truck. Brother went and checked it out and the balance payment was made. The sales executive said the car will be registered tomorrow and be delivered by tomorrow evening. It was definitely worth the wait so far. Attaching a few pictures taken before the PDI started.Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170803wa0008.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170803wa0009.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170803wa0011.jpg
HOTROD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:32   #2539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
The big boy is finally here. Arrived late last night by truck. Brother went and checked it out and the balance payment was made. The sales executive said the car will be registered tomorrow and be delivered by tomorrow evening. It was definitely worth the wait so far. Attaching a few pictures taken before the PDI started.Attachment 1663398
A real beauty! Happy ownership and post more images please. White XT looks kinda good!
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:42   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
A real beauty! Happy ownership and post more images please. White XT looks kinda good!
Thank you abhi. Your review on the hexa really helped on choosing the right car. This one is an XTA .
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:52   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you abhi. Your review on the hexa really helped on choosing the right car. This one is an XTA .
Glad that i could be of help! Hoping that you are in one of our WhatsApp groups. If not, PM your contact details.
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:52   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Went to check out the hexa again with my wife this time. She absolutely loved the overall space, the high seating and even the last row when compared to others. She wanted to book one right away!!

I am thinking now if xma, the mid variant, at 16.6 lakhs on road Hyderabad could actually be one value for money product. The price is including registration, insurance and 1 year/50,000 kms extended warranty. No discounts but they hinted at some freebies at the time of booking.

We will be losing out on 4 additional air bags, 2 speakers, fog lamps and lots of chrome (which is actually good). We will get in return an even better ride quality, cheaper to maintain 16" tyre and a 3 lakh saving. And I plan to change the steel rims to alloys to enhance the look a bit.

What do you guys think? Would appreciate some feedback. Thank you.
IMO loosing 4 additional airbags isn't a smart choice mate. Coming from STORME EX, I can tell you

* Additional safety. These won't be available after market fitment.
* You shouldn't feel the pinch later on thinking you had the option and did not go for it.
* They will add some monetary benefit whenever you plan to dispose your
vehicle.

16" inches are smart move!! Make sure you already work out a deal with your choicest dealer before taking delivery, so you don't loose much money in the exchange of 19 inchers.
Fog lamps/chrome can be skipped too.

If the dealer allows you this sort of changes in the selection, its a good deal.

Remember, but it once and make that buy a best one!

Good Luck.
Kams_cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:55   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
It was definitely worth the wait so far. Attaching a few pictures taken before the PDI started.Attachment 1663398
The Hexa looks so majestic! It simply dwarfs the Zest and possibly most other sedans and compant SUVs. If I could afford it, I'd buy it simply because of the road presence.

Happy driving. Try not to bully the sedans a lot... . You could actually get a clear road driving this in the city since the Autos and Cycle rickshaws would think thrice before coming in your way. I'm sure that most SUVs would give way to you on the highway too
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:56   #2544
BHPian

Hope you all have seen this advert by TML.
'Takes You Anywhere. No Compass Needed.'
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa.jpg

Was that really necessary for TML to take a dig at Jeep Compass?
In my opinion, an Hexa buyer would be a person in need of 7 seater vehicle with some off-roading capabilities.
Compass is a 5 seater vehicle and is a full fledged SUV.
So these cars are catering to two different set of buyers.
I agree that cross shopping may happen, but that would be limited to maximum of 5-10 % of total volume Hexa is managing now.
So, I feel that TML has overstepped a bit here.

Now people will start comparing Jeep with Tata (which some of them would have never thought earlier) and obviously Tata will end up making Jeep feel more VFM.
People will be like "20 Lakh ki Tata lene se accha hai 22-23 lakh ki Jeep lete hai"
(Let's buy Jeep which costs 22-23 lakhs instead of a Tata costing 20 Lakhs)
DriveOnceMore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:58   #2545
BHPian

Quote:
The big boy is finally here. Arrived late last night by truck. Brother went and checked it out and the balance payment was made. The sales executive said the car will be registered tomorrow and be delivered by tomorrow evening. It was definitely worth the wait so far. Attaching a few pictures taken before the PDI started.Attachment 1663398

Attachment 1663399

Attachment 1663400
It looks beautiful in white, yes we are also awaiting equally eagerly for your car to come home. IMO white is better visible when it matters more in night!

I also request photographs and your buying experience! Best of luck
Old 3rd August 2017, 16:04   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Glad that i could be of help! Hoping that you are in one of our WhatsApp groups. If not, PM your contact details.
Sure I will pm you my number. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
The Hexa looks so majestic! It simply dwarfs the Zest and possibly most other sedans and compant SUVs. If I could afford it, I'd buy it simply because of the road presence.

Happy driving. Try not to bully the sedans a lot... . You could actually get a clear road driving this in the city since the Autos and Cycle rickshaws would think thrice before coming in your way. I'm sure that most SUVs would give way to you on the highway too
Haha you are right. Will take a while to get used to driving and judging this mammoth on the road. Can't wait to slot it into drive and get going

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2017 at 16:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 3rd August 2017, 16:16   #2547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hope you all have seen this advert by TML.
'Takes You Anywhere. No Compass Needed.'
Attachment 1663401

In my opinion, an Hexa buyer would be a person in need of 7 seater vehicle with some off-roading capabilities.
I agree that cross shopping may happen, but that would be limited to maximum of 5-10 % of total volume Hexa is managing now.

Now people will start comparing Jeep with Tata (which some of them would have never thought earlier) and obviously Tata will end up making Jeep feel more VFM.
People will be like "20 Lakh ki Tata lene se accha hai 22-23 lakh ki Jeep lete hai"
(Let's buy Jeep which costs 22-23 lakhs instead of a Tata costing 20 Lakhs)

After seeing this, I too did feel this wasn't required to poke at Jeep!

But, look at it this way - TATA believes they made a car with international standards. And they are not shying away to promote it!
This is some new blood in TATA and I feel good about it. When you have it, you flaunt it.

I do not recall, when was the last time TATA did such a thing! This sort of aggression helps the medicore TATA SA to push for HEXA with the prospective buyers. For them, its a matter of pride to show off such things with the customers who take a jibe at TATA.

When I test drove the Hexa XTA, I couldn't believe the smoothness and response times. Loved it!

On the other hand, Compass is a very handsome vehicle out there in the current market. A definite head turner!
Kams_cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 16:17   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
I agree, but cannot figure out what percentage of people falls under this category (need of 5+ seats)! Is it 100%, 90% of 50-50?

Can we take a poll of all Hexa owners (may be including XUV500) to know how many of them buy it for 5+ seating capacity please? (I don't know how to!!)

Last edited by kbishwa : 3rd August 2017 at 16:23. Reason: Clarification
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:01   #2549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
I agree, but cannot figure out what percentage of people falls under this category (need of 5+ seats)! Is it 100%, 90% of 50-50?

Can we take a poll of all Hexa owners (may be including XUV500) to know how many of them buy it for 5+ seating capacity please? (I don't know how to!!)
Exactly. I know many many folks, both in my office and among my friends too who have just 3 or maximum 4 members in their family and own either a innova, XUV or a fortuner.
People don't usually buy it for just carrying 7 folks around.
For a buyer like me, who also has compact SUVs as an option, i end up having products from different segments under my shortlist.
And am pretty sure there are plenty of folks with similar needs as mine. Not just 5 or 10%.
After all, how often have you seen these cars going fully loaded?!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:28   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
After all, how often have you seen these cars going fully loaded?!
In the same way, how many 5 seater cars you've seen going fully loaded?

Majority of the people who bought 7 seater cars, bought it for the purpose of an occasional need and not for going full house everyday, except cabbies.

Anyways, this stunt was not needed from TML at this point. IMO.

Or could it be just another way of giving both cars a limelight?
TML will also be gaining even when Compass sells in good numbers, as they have their stakes in Ranjangaon facility producing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks