Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2017, 17:22   #2671
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
The videos are piling up by the XTA Owners showcasing their shenanigans.
The water crossing videos with the slow motion at the end seem to be from the same guy who seems to hate his car. Hope he has hydro static cover in his insurance.
Old 16th August 2017, 19:05   #2672
Senior - BHPian

How do we know that this is not surrogate advertising, and this is a Tata owned car, probably a XTA 4X4 prototype.

Rahul
Old 16th August 2017, 20:20   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
The ICE in Hexa did not impress me much though. Maybe because I had read too many good reviews about it was expecting far too much. I had connected my phone with the infotainment system through Bluetooth and tried playing two songs. The system behaved strangely funny and kept switching between those two songs at its own will. Not sure if it was the lag of my phone or something else.
Hexa's ICE is currently the best stock system that is available at this price point. A bit of tuning and I am sure you can find a setting that would suit you.

I can confidently say that most audiophiles would find the system to be more than adequate.

Iffy bluetooth connectivity could be due to several factors, but all my connections during several test drives were seamless.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 20:23   #2674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
How do we know that this is not surrogate advertising, and this is a Tata owned car, probably a XTA 4X4 prototype.

Rahul
If that is the case, its a very very big jump from TML marketing team.
Nobody would believe that they are suddenly this active even if they confessed! On a serious note - they aren't the type of guys who play such tricks.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 21:16   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post

The videos are piling up by the XTA Owners showcasing their shenanigans.
This is probably going to come back in this forum as a bad service experience
1) something is going to break eventually when you do stuff with the car which it is not meant for.
2) The owner will take it to the service center/Tata who is going to refuse warranty because the car has been abused (and they would have seen the videos)
3) The owner feels cheated because TML did not honour his warranty.

Either the owner (or) his friend is going to raise this issue in this forum that Tata is refusing warranty for Hexa customers.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...rustration.gif
kochup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 06:28   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
The water crossing videos with the slow motion at the end seem to be from the same guy who seems to hate his car. Hope he has hydro static cover in his insurance.
Lol: I agree. I would not abuse a test drive car this way. Anytime one wades through deep water, the wheels need to come off for cleaning and inspection because even off road cars aren't able to prevent water ingress; they are just able to keep going through it at the time.

Which is why I don't think much of 4x4 on Indian road cars with rear wheel drive. As long as one takes care on where the rear wheels are allowed to rest while parked, a RWD will cope with almost every real life need of users. The biggest problem I have faced with front wheel drive cars is where one has to climb a slippery road, even broken tarmac. The weight gets transferred to the rear and the front driven wheels spin at take off. While a RWD, even a Nano, is less troubled by these.
Sawyer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 13:06   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
A bit of tuning and I am sure you can find a setting that would suit you.
Yes. I did not fret too much about it with the same thought. With my experience on Tata Indigo Manza OEM ICE , I found that the custom settings are far better than the presets.
Old 17th August 2017, 14:57   #2678
BHPian

Hello HEXA enthusiasts,

Any idea of the new ICE update in the HEXA supports iPhone App support? Evaluating cars - and couldn't come across this update in recent times.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th August 2017, 15:07   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Hello HEXA enthusiasts,

Any idea of the new ICE update in the HEXA supports iPhone App support? Evaluating cars - and couldn't come across this update in recent times.

Thanks in advance.
Nope nothing yet. Also the existing support for Android isnt all that great to be very honest.

The navigation is more like a gimmick and feels like an after thought. I always end up using Google Maps.

Seriously hope Android Auto or Carplay gets flashed over the existing software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by us.dash View Post
Hi

I am very keen to buy a Hexa AMT. Have taken three test drives and am very happy with the car.

The only issue is that every time I mention Tata Hexa, people just hear Tata and are immediately critical.

The good wife who liked the car, better than the XUV W10 Auto and the Jeep Compass, is now wavering.

Jeep Compass does not offer a diesel automatic. Also we have a SCross 1.3 and feel that both vehicles will be of same size (no significant difference)

XUV W10 Auto has very high engine noise inside the cabin. Further, every time the gear shifts, there is an odd noise. I understand this is common.

Also, the Hexa is not available in black which I find very surprising.

Look forward to views from Hexa owners to help me make a decision.

The dealer is offering me a good deal with 3000 cash discount and 20,000 equivalent of accessories. But no rebate further.

Thanks
I have driven the new gen XUV500 and own a Hexa auto. Hexa is a much bigger car than the Scross and Compass. In terms of smoothness and driving dynamics Hexa in my opinion is superior than the XUV. The steering is a bit on the heavier side but nothing you wont get used to. The infotainment interface on the XUV is far far better than the connectnext software.

As for the TATA image well that would always be there but you are buying the car for yourself and the Hexa is a looker. Its definitely not the Tata which people have in mind, go with an open mind and see the car before you make any decision.

We have the XTA and its an excellent highway cruiser and smothers road undulations. Definitely go for the Hexa if you prefer a big and burly vehicle or if you would prefer an urban type SUV/crossover then Compass is a great vehicle (more expensive than the Hexa though)

Hope this helps

Last edited by theMAG : 17th August 2017 at 17:20. Reason: Back-back posts < 20 mins. Please EDIT moving forward.
ronz_2507 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 15:31   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronz_2507 View Post
Nope nothing yet. Also the existing support for Android isnt all that great to be very honest.

The navigation is more like a gimmick and feels like an after thought. I always end up using Google Maps.

Seriously hope Android Auto or Carplay gets flashed over the existing software.
Thanks for the quick reply. Meanwhile, I found this link. http://indianautosblog.com/2017/08/t...ectnext-276923

Probably an update is expected soon - applicable for earlier models as well.

Cheers.
lightinin95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 15:34   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Meanwhile, I found this link. http://indianautosblog.com/2017/08/t...ectnext-276923

Probably an update is expected soon - applicable for earlier models as well.

Cheers.
Just the interface will look similar still no Apple carplay or android auto
Old 17th August 2017, 16:37   #2682
BHPian

I have provisionally booked a Platinum Silver XT 7 seater (booking amount not yet transferred).
The dealer is pushing me to get the display vehicle in the showroom(same as above), citing GST cess as the reason & offered to put some accessories free of charge. I've asked the dealer about the month of manufacture & told him I'll confirm my booking in some time.
I am not convinced & mostly I would say no but is it a good idea, considering the GST cess, to go for the display vehicle?
Old 17th August 2017, 17:40   #2683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
I have provisionally booked a Platinum Silver XT 7 seater (booking amount not yet transferred).
The dealer is pushing me to get the display vehicle in the showroom(same as above), citing GST cess as the reason & offered to put some accessories free of charge. I've asked the dealer about the month of manufacture & told him I'll confirm my booking in some time.
I am not convinced & mostly I would say no but is it a good idea, considering the GST cess, to go for the display vehicle?
Happened with my friend's i20. It should be ok but would demand a meticulous PDI specially for the interiors.
Also, unless he gives a chunky discount on the ex showroom, barring the accessories, do not buy. Its better to wait.
However, if the accessories that he's offering for free are of a considerable price and good quality, it should be a good deal.
Old 17th August 2017, 17:47   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
Increasing the GST cess is still a proposition which is yet to be implemented.
As long as the vehicle is booked, full payment made and the delivery done before it is implemented, we are covered. There isn't too much of waiting time I guess and the vehicle should be delivered in 2 weeks . No ?
I dont think the cess will be implemented that soon. Anybody has an inkling ?
Old 17th August 2017, 17:55   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Happened with my friend's i20. It should be ok but would demand a meticulous PDI specially for the interiors.
Also, unless he gives a chunky discount on the ex showroom, barring the accessories, do not buy. Its better to wait.
However, if the accessories that he's offering for free are of a considerable price and good quality, it should be a good deal.
The manufacturing month of the display Hexa was Jan-17. Wasn't too sure to begin with, so, I have simply refused it & asked the dealer to get a new one.
r0nit7 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks