Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2016, 11:25   #271
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Worth watching.
Well, well, well. what have you? The Hexa comes out a clear winner in comparison to the XUV and the Crysta. To come out as a winner against the Toyota is surely something commendable. Tata really seem to have a winner on their hands now. Just get the pricing in the sweet spot and they could be seen laughing all the way to the bank.

One thing is for sure. Mahindra (with the XUV) and the Tata (with the Hexa) are surely going to give sleepless nights to many other brands, not just in India but in the western markets as well.

Good going indeed. And wishing Tata the very best for this launch. And I don't know why, but knowing the famed Mahindra aggression, I can sense that we will see a Hexa beater coming out of their stables soon.
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 13:50   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Hexa to be launched in India on January 18, 2017 in Mumbai.

LINK

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th December 2016 at 13:51.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 18:14   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting price confirmation from one of my sources, which is the same which was communicated by my birdies initially:

Rs 12 lakhs to Rs 18 lakhs, ex-showroom Mumbai.

Coincidentally, this is also confirmed by one of my WhatsApp contacts as well.

Also, you can download the complete Features brochure of the Hexa from here. (also adding it as an attachment)

TataHexaCarFeatureBrochure.pdf

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th December 2016 at 18:38. Reason: added full Hexa brochure
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 19:09   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Getting price confirmation from one of my sources, which is the same which was communicated by my birdies initially:

The same figure is communicated to me when I received the call from Tata Motors after I submitted some feedback to their HEXA website.

In fact I didn't even ask for the price.

Its another matter, that they didn't correct the feedback given by me yet.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 19:32   #275
BHPian

Got the below message from Tata Motors about the App for viewing the Hexa in 360 degree angles and I must say the App is very well made and 360 degree view is quite impressive.

You can move your finger around the car and it's like a 3D view. There is an option for viewing using VR gear also if you have one. Try it.

Quote:
Dear Customer, Download the app now to get 360 degree view of Tata Hexa.
https://play.google.com/store/appsde...otors.tatahexa
Edit : If the link does not work for any reason, you can just go to Play Store and type Tata Hexa to find it.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 8th December 2016 at 19:40.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 20:26   #276
Senior - BHPian

Hexa might have better features and may even feel better than Crysta now. But as it ages, TATA products begin to rumble and squeak. So even if the Hexa is priced 3 Lakhs lower than the Crysta now, it will loose a lot more in resale after 1-2 years.

Crysta has better reliability and resale value which matters a lot to this segment buyer's. If that was mentioned in the video , the win would heavily tilt in Crysta's favor.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 22:22   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hexa might have better features and may even feel better than Crysta now. But as it ages, TATA products begin to rumble and squeak. So even if the Hexa is priced 3 Lakhs lower than the Crysta now, it will loose a lot more in resale after 1-2 years.

Crysta has better reliability and resale value which matters a lot to this segment buyer's. If that was mentioned in the video , the win would heavily tilt in Crysta's favor.

Hexa will be much better than any other Tata's for that matter can be better than competitors as well. Having said that it may not be as reliable as Toyota. But let's not be prejudice, let's wait and see
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 22:27   #278
BHPian

Do take time & visit the official review thread, for the Crysta. Quality now a days is a myth with Toyota & most of the manufacturers have been offlate cropping on poor QA.

This however does not give TM an excuse for rumble/ squeak though. However, the products recently launched in the last 2/ 3 years are indeed doing well. Not seen any other manufacturer who has poured his soul out to stage a come back.
m3_07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 23:40   #279
BHPian

Quote:

Please correct me if I am wrong. I guess Tata's aim would be to take out the XUV 500 rather than the Crysta. The pricing leak suggests the same too. You cannot lock horns with Toyota, no matter how good the product is. The brand has become synonymous to reliability and that is something we take seriously. That said, the XUV 500 is one heck of a package and over time has proved to be tested and Mahindra's mechanicals are spot on if not the electronics.
Kingston is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 07:11   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hexa might have better features and may even feel better than Crysta now. But as it ages, TATA products begin to rumble and squeak.
My Vista is 5 years and 99000 kms old. The only noise I hear is from the engine guard with a loose bolt. This after traversing all over the country on great roads, good roads, average roads and no roads. I don't baby my car and extract the maximum out of it. I haul 100-300 kgs of material on a day to day basis. No squeaks as yet. Suffice to say, I'm very happy with the build for the money I paid for. Tata has only been getting better with it as the Zest, Bolt and Tiago have shown.

There's a saying, when you're in the pits, the only way to go is up. I think the converse is true too. Honda comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong. I guess Tata's aim would be to take out the XUV 500 rather than the Crysta. The pricing leak suggests the same too. You cannot lock horns with Toyota, no matter how good the product is. The brand has become synonymous to reliability and that is something we take seriously. That said, the XUV 500 is one heck of a package and over time has proved to be tested and Mahindra's mechanicals are spot on if not the electronics.
I am in a business which is ruled by a Japanese company. With no marketing, investment potential like them. Over the last year, I have earned my place with a lot of people who have vouched for the Japanese company moving out and trying their hands with my products. When people ask me how my products compare with their Japanese counterparts, I just tell them I'm here to run my own race and in no competition with anyone. My products speak for themselves in terms of quality and affordability.

Long story short, honest attempts get rewarded. You only compete with yourself. The day you feel you have achieved it all is the start of your downfall.

I believe in Tata making a honest attempt to redeem themselves. While the first two products of the redemption process didn't give them the break, the third product has finally brought them back in the reckoning.
discoverwild is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 08:43   #281
BHPian

Quote:

So what about aggressive pricing information you received for manual variants from 10.xxL to 16.xxL? You believe 12L to 18L is more authentic?

I believe TATA should follow Tiago pricing strategy. They know product is good but an 'average' car buyer is not going to get it given the negative image TATA has, so only thing that's going to draw them into showroom and make them give HEXA a try is disruptive introductory pricing. If HEXA gains acceptance, aftera couple of months, they can keep increasing the price in small increments.
And strategically two successful products in their portfolio will also help subsequent launches.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 09:23   #282
BHPian

Yes even I believe that they should price it around 10.5L if they want to target XUV 500 customers. The long term reliability of Hexa is still a question mark. XUV 500 is a tried and tested product and the customer knows its pros as well as cons properly. So I think people would go with XUV to be on safer side.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 10:00   #283
BHPian

I see we have had enough reviews of Hexa done & now we are discussion pricing. I still want to point out something.

One feature that is still missing (Or else it is not highlighted by any review) is Automatically folding ORVMs. This is still a pain for Aria & I hope Hexa designers have overcome/considered it. Apologies if I have missed this.

Aria's ORVMs are to be manually folded with Keys in the slot from the panel on driver side window master controls. It is very irritating when you are in hurry to rush to the destination & you have missed it.
If this is not covered, I hope Tata guys read this and introduce Automatic folding, either when Keys are removed or the Car is finally locked using remote (etc.)

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 9th December 2016 at 10:06. Reason: Typo
Old 9th December 2016, 10:09   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Yes even I believe that they should price it around 10.5L if they want to target XUV 500 customers.
I just did a quick check and found that XUV5OO starts at around 12.5L ex-showroom. Would it be logical to expect Hexa to undercut XUV by as much as 2L? Hexa offers much more space than XUV and reviews claim that it is significantly better than XUV in terms of interiors.

In fact, even if Hexa starts at 12.5L, it would still undercut Innova by 2L which should be enough for a few to consider Hexa over Innova.
ksameer1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 10:25   #285
BHPian

What I feel is that Mahindra commands more faith and trust among customers. I am a Safari owner myself and I know what an awesome vehicle it is. It has acres of space and excellent ride quality which Scorpio cannot match. But still sales of Scorpio are nearly 4 times than that of Safari. So this shows that Tata doesn't command same faith and trust that Mahindra has.

Regarding Hexa, no doubt its a great vehicle. Even I am considering buying it. But I just hope that they price it little more aggressively like they did with Tiago.

Regards
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks