Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 16:09   #2941
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Well, i don't think any tbhp guy has God gifted mind reading powers so sharing your criteria would help. The most basic check can be 5 seater or 7.
Well said akshay!! yup we are a family of four(2 adults and 2 kids) occasionally parents may join us. I have test driven both the cars,loved the compass for its engine,build quality,felt a bit overpriced considering lack of features,coming to hexa love the bold looks of it,loaded with features and the price is atttractive and particularly the automatic is a dream to drive and i shall be having a lot of highway runs. so just a bit confused.
Old 8th September 2017, 16:32   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe loser View Post
Well said akshay!! yup we are a family of four(2 adults and 2 kids) occasionally parents may join us. I have test driven both the cars,loved the compass for its engine,build quality,felt a bit overpriced considering lack of features,coming to hexa love the bold looks of it,loaded with features and the price is atttractive and particularly the automatic is a dream to drive and i shall be having a lot of highway runs. so just a bit confused.
My initial ownership post is still being composed where I have shared my thought process for selection. It will take a while to publish. But yes, compass being a 4 seater ( at best 5 with a kid ) was a deal breaker for me.
Old 8th September 2017, 17:40   #2943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
My initial ownership post is still being composed where I have shared my thought process for selection. It will take a while to publish. But yes, compass being a 4 seater ( at best 5 with a kid ) was a deal breaker for me.
Thanks Rohan Bhau,looking forward for your initial ownership post.
Old 8th September 2017, 18:01   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddy View Post
Sums up to 19,41,185/- OTR (this includes free goodies like mud flaps, floor mats and some paint treatment for one time).

I am going to fight with TML to waive off the handling/logistics/showroom charges based on news reports and t-bhp threads of these charges being illegally levied on customers. So considering an additional reduction in OTR by 10,000/-.
This wrongful practice is exactly what sours the buying experience.
1. Mud flaps come factory fitted. A dealer in Kerala who I inquired with tried 'selling' me these.
2. Logistics, handing etc charges are downright illegal. Do fight it out.

I bought my car from Fortune Motors, Thane and I can highly recommend my SA Preetam. PM me if anyone plans to make a purchase from Thane/Mumbai and I will share his #.

Quote:
Congrats McLaren Roxx. Good luck for the long trip !
What is the running-in period for Hexa. Is the concept still valid for the new age engines ?
Thank you Rohan. Owner's manual page 111 states running in period being 1500-1800 kms at varying engine and vehicle speeds. I plan to keep mine below 100kmph and 2000-2500rpm.

Since my dealer did not have the Hexa branded mats (out of stock), I ended up purchasing these on my own. Attaching pics for reference. Material is plastic, custom cut and hand stitched in front of me. Each mat has a couple of velcros at the bottom that help in gripping the carpet. Fits extremely well.

Best part is that if one particular mat wears out, that single piece can be bought.

Cost: 1800/-
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-driver-side.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-front-passenger.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-captain-seats.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-3rd-row.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-boot.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-velcro-fastening.jpg  

McLaren Roxx is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 19:29   #2945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
I bought my car from Fortune Motors, Thane and I can highly recommend my SA Preetam. PM me if anyone plans to make a purchase from Thane/Mumbai and I will share his #.
Can you please tell me how did you go around with the excess 12k towards logistics, handling, showroom etc. charges?
Help appreciated
Old 8th September 2017, 20:52   #2946

Quote:
Congratulations for your new car. I would like to have a detailed breakup of the OTR you have paid for your car.

Hi,

The on-road cost for me came to about 19,70,000 that included side steps and carpet mats. I don't have the split of the amount right now. The deal you are getting, seems to be pretty good (especially insurance).

Hope you are able to get the deal you are looking for.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by ampere : 8th September 2017 at 21:08. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
SMILEY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 21:43   #2947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEY View Post
Hope you are able to get the deal you are looking for.

Cheers!!!
I am happy with the deal, only the excess illegal handling, logistics and what not charges have caught my attention. Summing things up - they are dishonouring the judgements of SC, HC, RTO (I haven't seen the actual judgement copies yet. All updates are from news articles only).
The worse possible thing they did is bundle up these charges under the RTO registration charges, obviously to hide it from customer attention.

While browsing through their quote for XTA, I felt the RTO fees too be in excess. And ultimately, the gave the breakdown of RTO charges which had almost 12000/- guised under handling/logistics/agent/showroom charges.
Will take up with right authorities soon.

Frankly speaking, the above is not at all turning my overall purchase experience even a bit bitter. Things like these keep coming up in life every now and then and I am patiently running this issue parallely without it affecting my excitement of the owning a new car.
Been associated for almost 10 years with Tatas and Mahindras, I, actually enjoy being associated with their teams for good or bad. So I am now immune to any good or bad impressions left by their sales or service team.

Wishing everyone here happy ownership ahead and would soon join the HEXA team. Looking forward to meet one and all in person to munch some miles together.
naddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 22:00   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please tell me how did you go around with the excess 12k towards logistics, handling, showroom etc. charges?
Help appreciated
My dealer never had any of it included in his quote. It was ex-showroom + TCS + insurance + registration.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 22:48   #2949
BHPian

On Mats : I took the rubber mats from The dealer instead of carpet ones. I have small kids so, carpet mats could be troublesome to clean. Rubber ones are good quality and black in color. Good fit and finish.
You should ask your dealer for those, check yourself and decide.

Side steps : they do flex in all cases - black or silver. But the mounts - the steel angle structures which connect them to chassis do not flex. This is the design itself. If you see under the side step, you will see a plastic fiber material which provides this cushion effect.
Old 8th September 2017, 23:58   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
Since my dealer did not have the Hexa branded mats (out of stock), I ended up purchasing these on my own. Attaching pics for reference. Material is plastic, custom cut and hand stitched in front of me. Each mat has a couple of velcros at the bottom that help in gripping the carpet. Fits extremely well.
Is there a any smell in the car due to these mats, or is it completely odourfree and does not spoil the new car smell?
Old 9th September 2017, 00:07   #2951
BHPian

Carpet mats lets in the sand, and it settles at the bottom, leaving the surface clean. Rubber mats lets you see and feel the sand every time you are in the car. It will irritate your feet every time the sand and debris rub against them. And yes, rubber mats look ugly.
Old 9th September 2017, 01:35   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
My dealer never had any of it included in his quote. It was ex-showroom + TCS + insurance + registration.
+1 Mine too. They were charging 6k for accessories (Mats, mud flaps, temporary registration & temporary number), but got them for free. No hidden charges anywhere - I paid the registration fees online in the RTO portal myself at their dealership, so no overcharging there as well.

A few pics for people thinking about Platinum Silver & bonus pics of how it compares with the Arizona Blue:
Pics 1,2,3: Test drive vehicles in Ahmedabad;
Pic 4: First encounter with the beautiful beast at the time of PDI (Wow!)
Pics 5,6: Chilling at home, just after having a nice, lazy shower on a weekend morning
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170819_140456.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170819_142410.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170819_142425.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170830_1807062.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170901_184820.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170901_124439.jpg  

r0nit7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 12:08   #2953
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats KK RE Lover. I haven't been able to bring out my beast on the road yet owing to the pending RTO procedure. I know a lot of folks drive on the road with the temporary registration but in my case even the road tax is not paid yet due to the pending delivery of form 22 by TML. Got an update that the form is received today and the tax will be paid tomorrow and registration number is expected on Monday.
Oh Rohan! That's the worst to happen isn't it? You got the beast at the garage and keys on your hand itching to take it out for a spin and you are not able to. But I'm glad Monday is not far away.look forward to your ownership review at some point. Congrats again. I'm taking delivery of mine by next Saturday and hopefully registration is done by then.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th September 2017 at 13:43. Reason: Spacing
Old 9th September 2017, 18:40   #2954
BHPian

Some pics of my XTA. I bought the sidestep, 4D BOOS mats and door visor from the dealer. I got more than 10% discount on the accessories.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2832.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2838.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2839.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2835.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2836.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2840.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2870.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2862.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2864.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2865.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_2867.jpg  

su_spatil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 07:56   #2955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
Some pics of my XTA. I bought the sidestep, 4D BOOS mats and door visor from the dealer. I got more than 10% discount on the accessories.
Many congratulations on your new Hexa! Wishing you happy miles and safe motoring in the times to come! I too took delivery of the same color and variant last week at Bangalore.

I have a question on the side foot steps. Mine has the same ones as yours. However, to me it appears to be a bit protruding out in the way it is fixed by the dealer. It's not neatly tucked in like the other cars. Do you find the same? Do I need to ask my dealer to re-do the fixing to fit I properly? While it is functional with a bit of flex but I'm afraid it might scrap against other vehicles or big stones/footpath kerb in narrow lanes.

Please let me know your observation from your vehicle.

Most Viewed