Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2017, 08:19   #3421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Well the Innova Official review thread has been up for 17 months now, with 71 pages of discussion. That leads to 71/17 = 4.17 pages per day, which is much lesser than the Hexa and the Compass.

On the other hand, the Hexa's sales are 1/6th of the Innova's and the Compass does about 1/3rd of the Innova. Hence the hypothesis that a vehicle's prospects are correlated to the interest level at Team-BHP, breaks down when you add the Innova to the mix.

Do advise if I misunderstood the post I quoted.
Unfortunately we don't have data on taxiwalla's discussions and I don't think they are members here. Else this correlation would have still held..
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 10:23   #3422
BHPian

"17 months now, with 71 pages of discussion. That leads to 71/17 = 4.17 pages per day"

It should be 4.17 pages per MONTH [not day] if I understand the math right!
kaviprem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 11:07   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojkd View Post
Can a Fin antena be fitted to the Hexa instead of the one that comes factory fitted? Has anyone tried this? Reason is my parking entry height is short and will obstruct the factory fitted antena.
There is actually one available on Amazon.in

I was thinking of doing the same but have not yet got time to look at the wiring and the mounting of the current antenna. Generally speaking, it should be absolutely fine to do this. Will also really help the looks of the vehicle.

See this one: https://www.amazon.in/Guance-Working-Shark-Shaped-Antenna/dp/B077G2X1MR/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1511760957&sr=8-9&keywords=tata+hexa+antenna
Old 27th November 2017, 11:49   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Well the Innova Official review thread has been up for 17 months now, with 71 pages of discussion. That leads to 71/17 = 4.17 pages per day, which is much lesser than the Hexa and the Compass.

On the other hand, the Hexa's sales are 1/6th of the Innova's and the Compass does about 1/3rd of the Innova. Hence the hypothesis that a vehicle's prospects are correlated to the interest level at Team-BHP, breaks down when you add the Innova to the mix.

Do advise if I misunderstood the post I quoted.
Ofcourse Innova sales are higher. But my understanding was that the earlier post was trying to get at popularity as opposed to sales. Decisions are made by the head and the heart and I am certain that a lot of Innova sales are driven only by the head. Not saying that is wrong as it takes a lot from a manufacturer to become the most logical buy in spite of being as severely overpriced as the Innova's are in India. The page numbers based index would I imagine capture the "heart" decisions in some way and not necessarily the "head" decisions. So by the page numbers index, the Innova does not disturb the Hexa's position but we all know that is not what pans out in the real world.
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 20:16   #3425

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
There is actually one available on Amazon.in

I was thinking of doing the same but have not yet got time to look at the wiring and the mounting of the current antenna. Generally speaking, it should be absolutely fine to do this. Will also really help the looks of the vehicle.

See this one: https://www.amazon.in/Guance-Working...a+hexa+antenna
Thanks! Will check if this can be fitted! Do also let me know if you try out before me 😊
Old 27th November 2017, 20:43   #3426
BHPian

Need Clarifications :

Original Post - Link

The repair is completed and the vehicle has been tested by Tata and is ready for delivery. But we have encountered another hurdle, since the chassis was changed, we need an RTO approval for the insurance company to disburse the amount to the SVC. The RTO inspector said that we need to submit a FIR report and only then they would sign the approval form. We argued that FIR shouldn't be required since the car did not meet with an accident with any other party nor did we damaged any property (public or private). But the inspector said that it is the policy and we must get the FIR report for them to proceed.

Now my question, why should we file an FIR when all we did was going over a big rock and damaging our car's underbody? Can someone please clarify on this? Although we weren't convinced, we did go all the way from Bangalore to Chamarajanagar (where the accident happened) police station to file an FIR. There the officials are saying that you should have come at the day of the accident to file the report, now its late and its difficult to file a report at this time. Filing an report would mean the station would take the vehicle into their custody (read seize) and then the RTO inspector would visit that station to inspect the condition of the vehicle and then give the approval of chassis change. Since our car is already ready for delivery, the police said that it will be a lengthy process now. This has become really frustrating for us now, its been close to 5 weeks since the car went for repairs, and when its ready we are not able to take delivery since neither the insurance company nor the RTO is willing to cooperate.

Kindly suggest us what needs to be done to get our Hexa back asap.

Last edited by Funny : 27th November 2017 at 20:45.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 21:49   #3427
BHPian

A few things could be done.
The first and the most likely to succeed is to employ a local lawyer familiar with police affairs in the area to negotiate with the police and get the FIR filed.
Second may be to attempt to file a written submission to the RTO pleading to forgo the need for FIR explaining the circumstances. Rope in a local civil lawyer familiar with these matters to draft and follow up the same through negotiations. While this is going on, file another submission to the insurance company to have the disbursement done quoting this letter.

Last edited by MinivanDriver : 27th November 2017 at 21:54.
MinivanDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 14:45   #3428
BHPian

1st anniversary is close..any whisper on some major update?
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 15:28   #3429
BHPian

@Funny

So sorry to hear your ordeal and now fighting for the insurance claim.

I would put whole blame on Insurance services. They should have informed you well in advance about the process to claim insurance.

In this case, it looks like insurance co. was well aware of the process and they approved the repairs without explaining you the procedure for disbursing the funds.

In my opinion you should take the matter to the insurance company's higher ups and demand a written letter asking them why the work was approved if they knew the funds will be given only if the RTO would approve the new chassis.

Also, you are claiming Insurance for old chassis and unable to understand how they can with hold the funds against the new chassis.

I also request you to take possession of the old chassis.

I hope you get a resolution to this soon.

-PK
pk_del is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 15:41   #3430
Senior - BHPian

Why is the Insurance company insisting on an FiR if there is no third party involved in the accident.?
Old 28th November 2017, 16:19   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
A few things could be done.
The first and the most likely to succeed is to employ a local lawyer familiar with police affairs in the area to negotiate with the police and get the FIR filed.
Second may be to attempt to file a written submission to the RTO pleading to forgo the need for FIR explaining the circumstances. Rope in a local civil lawyer familiar with these matters to draft and follow up the same through negotiations. While this is going on, file another submission to the insurance company to have the disbursement done quoting this letter.
Thanks for your inputs. Although we want to avoid getting involved in FIR process itself. Since being in a country like ours, its not easy to get things done in Government offices. We will definitely look at these options as the last resort if nothings else works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
In this case, it looks like insurance co. was well aware of the process and they approved the repairs without explaining you the procedure for disbursing the funds.

In my opinion you should take the matter to the insurance company's higher ups and demand a written letter asking them why the work was approved if they knew the funds will be given only if the RTO would approve the new chassis.

Also, you are claiming Insurance for old chassis and unable to understand how they can with hold the funds against the new chassis.

I also request you to take possession of the old chassis.
Thank you for your concern. We were aware that changing chassis would mean getting the RC updated at RTO and we assumed that it should be fairly straightforward. What came as a surprise is that the RTO inspector is insisting on getting a FIR filed, for god knows what reason citing RTO policy. We need to investigate on the policy first, if its actually required or we are being taken for a ride for you all know what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Why is the Insurance company insisting on an FiR if there is no third party involved in the accident.?
The insurance company isn't insisting, they only want RTO approval for chassis change, its the RTO who is insisting on the FIR although we tried explaining them that it shouldn't be necessary, but in vain.

So we spoke to the insurance agent and asked if its possible to stamp the same chassis number on the new chassis thereby avoiding all these unwanted process. But the insurance agent is not ready for that, he says that he needs a NEW chassis number for claim, otherwise we would have to pay for the chassis by our own (1.2 lacs). So we are in a deadlock on both sides right now, we don't understand why we have to go through all this frustration unnecessarily.

What other sane options we have? We don't want to pay our way out of this for no reason. But we also want to get our Hexa back asap.
Old 28th November 2017, 16:43   #3432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
What other sane options we have? We don't want to pay our way out of this for no reason. But we also want to get our Hexa back asap.
will the service center give a statement stating the chassis change is not due to accident ? but due to some technical reason ? In such a case, the RTO cant insist on FIR..
Old 28th November 2017, 16:51   #3433
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see the river crossing video of the Hexa -

TATA seems to have got the sweet spot between comfort and off road-ability with the Hexa. In fact, I would even go on to say that it's the most comfortable vehicle on Indian roads ( regardless of the highway or the city or the village ) and at the same time gives off road-ability as well which is a super rare combination to have.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 16:54   #3434
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest the following in this order.
1. Approach RTO commissioner directly with a written application and if possible get an acknowledgement of the submission. If he still confirms it's based on law try checking details of that provision and explain the practical issues. Try to take some influential person in your family circle along

2. If RTO commissioner acts tough, approach an agent to do it at a fee.

3. If agent comes back asking for same FIR, go to Police with an advocate (trusted one ). You could propose that maybe police issue a certificate that the said vehicle has not been involved in any road accidents/ traffic offense as per their records as on date because a back dated FIR is not possible.

I hope you get your car back soon.
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 18:54   #3435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Happened to see the river crossing video of the Hexa
and that is not even a 4x4, it is Auto XTA variant.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks