Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 18:21   #3481
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hi sir, first of all many congratulations for booking this mean machine. BTW, how is the ex-showroom price varying? This shouldn't be the case at first place. Try talking with your dealership folks.

Whereas for the handling charges, they're officially waived off and if they don't appear on the existing quote, then the chances are thin that they'd appear on the final bill. For the insurance part, you'll have to pay another 6-7k extra for the zero-depriciation policy.

Hope you have a smooth delivery and after-sales experience.

Varun
Is the variation in ex showroom price by any chance equal to the Rs 9000 that most dealers have been demanding as handling charges? I am wondering if they are finding ways to get around the legal trouble that charging a handling charge could entail.
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 19:01   #3482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Is the variation in ex showroom price by any chance equal to the Rs 9000 that most dealers have been demanding as handling charges? I am wondering if they are finding ways to get around the legal trouble that charging a handling charge could entail.
I just spoke to the SA, he said the logistics charge can't be waived off and said it will be included in the invoice. But I am skeptical. The website of Concorde Motors did not mention the logistics charge.
Old 5th December 2017, 22:45   #3483

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairsin View Post
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. A little introduction about myself. I am a sailor by profession and reside in Dehradun. I have been following team bhp for sometime now and I am truly amazed by the kind of enthusiasm and knowledge you guys share on this platform. I currently drive the first generation honda city. I have recently booked the XT 4x2 in the last week of November. I was told that the insurance is free but if I want a zero depreciation then I will have to pay extra. The sales man didn't quote the exact amount though. He gave me a rough figure of around 6 to 7 thousand. There are a few doubts that I have. First, the ex-showroom price given to me by the showroom is different from the price given on the internet. Second, the quotation does not mention any handling charges in the on road price. will that be included in the final bill? I have booked the urban bronze color and expect the delivery around the 15th of this month.
Regarding the insurance, I had to shell out Rs. 6100/- extra for zero depreciation. In fact, I wanted engine guard add-on (for water logging incidents), but the dealer mentioned he is not able to add them through their system. When I checked with New India Assurance, i was not getting a proper response. I got my vehicle 5 days back, XT 4x2 in pearl white.
powerdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 03:38   #3484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Sarbpreet,
Congrats on your acquisition.

You may visit on Auto furnish portal to get variety of accessories including 3D/ 7D mats for your Hexa.
Look great, though don't have any first hand experience..
All the best.

Link
Sorry, it seems something went wrong while posting the link.

Here is the link
Old 6th December 2017, 07:45   #3485

Quote:
yes, you are correct. This is approximately the difference in the price. I am also assuming the same thing that this is how they are trying to extract the handling charges from the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdrive View Post
Regarding the insurance, I had to shell out Rs. 6100/- extra for zero depreciation. In fact, I wanted engine guard add-on (for water logging incidents), but the dealer mentioned he is not able to add them through their system. When I checked with New India Assurance, i was not getting a proper response. I got my vehicle 5 days back, XT 4x2 in pearl white.
Congratulations for the beast. I will ask here in Doon if they can add the engine guard. In fact your post has reminded me of another thing which is the rat repellent. I have only read a few posts that is all but feel its really important. I have seen a couple of incidents with my bother's xuv and a friend's safari. These rats can really damage your car. I checked on amazon, you have a few sprays available in the market.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th December 2017 at 08:28. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use "multiquote" feature when replying to multiple posts
Old 6th December 2017, 14:55   #3486
BHPian

It's been three weeks that we brought home the Blue Hexa - done almost 1,000 Kms, all driving within the city and it puts a smile on my face each time I take it out for a spin.

Will post a more detailed review later, but for now, I am very happy with my decision of going for the XE variant - it's got all the bells and whistles that I wanted at the price I could afford. I have been a Safari fanboy ever since I first laid my eyes on it and was out to get one now that I could - but the salesperson somehow convinced me to go for this with a variant by variant comparison.

The refinement and the quality is evident and quite a few people have complimented on the low NVH / external noise levels.

Here are a few pictures of the first few weeks of ownership:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171115_145500.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171206_110410.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171115_145440.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171115_145448.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171114_191853.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171206_112032.jpg  

sugam is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 15:00   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
It's been three weeks that we brought home the Blue Hexa - done almost 1,000 Kms, all driving within the city and it puts a smile on my face each time I take it out for a spin.

:
Many Congratulations and best wishes for happy & safe driving!

While posting ownership review, for which you need to accumulate data from very beginning, please compare with the original review for higher models!
Old 6th December 2017, 15:03   #3488
BHPian

Quote:
It's been three weeks that we brought home the Blue Hexa
Congrats Doctor! It's literally raining Hexa in here. Wonderful pics by the way. Do write the reason why you opted for the beast and things that went along the decision making. I guess you must be a cardiologist. Heartfelt decisions I guess
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 15:04   #3489
BHPian

Tata Motors offering exchange benefits, received an SMS just an hour before:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20171206_145416.png  

Old 6th December 2017, 15:13   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Congrats Doctor! It's literally raining Hexa in here. Wonderful pics by the way. Do write the reason why you opted for the beast and things that went along the decision making. I guess you must be a cardiologist. Heartfelt decisions I guess
Thanks, will do.

No, I'm a radiologist and can see things in black and white - hence a practical decision

By the way, a personal favourite that I forgot to upload in my first post.

Let it rain more Hexas!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171127_222651.jpg  

sugam is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 15:45   #3491
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, will do.

No, I'm a radiologist and can see things in black and white - hence a practical decision

By the way, a personal favourite that I forgot to upload in my first post.

Let it rain more Hexas!
Congratulations! I actually like the "less chromed" look of the XE more than the other variants which seem to go a little overboard with the shiny bits.

Is the side step an original fitment? No offence but somehow that seems to spoil the look of the vehicle a little as it seems to be overly prominent for some reason.

One request - could you also include a photograph of the central console? Is that any different from the XM and XT variants?

Last edited by Strangerintown : 6th December 2017 at 15:47.
Old 6th December 2017, 18:20   #3492
BHPian

Guys just did a couple of trips in my Hexa XTA , Mumbai - Goa last weekend and Mumbai-Nashik -Igatpuri the previous weekend.

My Mum - Nashik trip was sedate (> 2000 rpm) driving, the Wife and kids loved the ride and the comfort. I loved the ride except at the Ghat section where I could feel the body roll a bit and felt that the manual would be better for the twisties. I hadn't completed the engine run-in, so I did not want to try the sports mode and wasn't sure of trying the manual mode.

My next trip to Goa was with a friend, car with 800 odd kilometres on it, drove sedately for a while once I crossed the 1000 km mark used the sports mode for a bit, tried the manual mode to get a feel.

I took the Chorla Ghat route to enter Goa, (friend's recommendation) used the sports and manual mode for the Ghat section and that really sealed it for me, the XTA is fantastic , the sports mode is enough for a bit of spirited driving, manual mode for the few times you want some engine braking, race car mode haven't used that yet.

Issues - What's life without a little?

Used the cruise control on the way back, not a big fan, maybe need to get used to it as the speed I selected around 100 kmph was causing me to have to brake a lot due to the other traffic around.

Anyway because of this constant braking the cruise control needed to be set again and again.
Later when I was nearing Kolhapur and using the normal auto mode the car's response was slack, actually more than slack felt like a power loss for 4-5 seconds. This happened a couple of times later and then she was back to her old sweet self.

Will be booking for my first service soon at Concorde Worli, any theories regards the power loss or anything to keep in mind while talking to the SA regards the service?
Relax&Cruise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 19:59   #3493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post

My Mum - Nashik trip was sedate (> 2000 rpm) driving,
Opps I meant <2000 rpm. Nothing sedate about the former.
Old 6th December 2017, 20:43   #3494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post
Anyway because of this constant braking the cruise control needed to be set again and again.
You can resume cruise by just flicking the switch once. It's very convenient even with occasional traffic.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 22:22   #3495
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! I actually like the "less chromed" look of the XE more than the other variants which seem to go a little overboard with the shiny bits.

Is the side step an original fitment? No offence but somehow that seems to spoil the look of the vehicle a little as it seems to be overly prominent for some reason.

One request - could you also include a photograph of the central console? Is that any different from the XM and XT variants?
Hey, no offence taken - but the side step is original and was fitted at the time of delivery. Yes agreed that it is a bit protruding, but it is essential for easier ingress and egress for shorter family members.

Have attached centre console and steering pictures as well - no major difference compared to XM I guess, except for the absence of drive mode selector and that the ICE screen is non-touch screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171206_181217.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171206_181708.jpg  

sugam is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed