Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2017, 09:29   #3526
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

There has been a lot of talk about the Hexa being more of an MUV rather than an SUV and people moaning the fact that it has its root tied up to the Aria, but if call the Q7 an SUV and Hexa a MUV, then I strictly do NOT agree, for the price and what it offers, Hexa is an unbeatable bet in terms of Comfort, Size, Ride and the nice HPS. Q7 has a more sharper design, no doubt, but the overall stance on both of them looks similar.

Some pics for comparison -
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-audi-1.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-audi-2.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-audi-3.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-4.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-1.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-2.jpg  

Last edited by Torquedo : 14th December 2017 at 09:43.
Torquedo is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 11:17   #3527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
There has been a lot of talk about the Hexa being more of an MUV rather than an SUV and people moaning the fact that it has its root tied up to the Aria, but if call the Q7 an SUV and Hexa a MUV, then I strictly do NOT agree, for the price and what it offers, Hexa is an unbeatable bet in terms of Comfort, Size, Ride and the nice HPS. Q7 has a more sharper design, no doubt, but the overall stance on both of them looks similar.

Some pics for comparison -

Guess what! I have had the exact same thought every time I saw the Hexa first few days. In fact, the Hexa appears more SUV like than the Q7, since the Audi has a few curves here and there and sits low. The Hexa appears more like the Merc GLS - long, without much curves and sits a bit higher.

Last week, I saw a grey XT near the Hyderabad JLR showroom and believe me, it didn't look out of place.

All of these are my personal opinion. I am a Safari fan boy. To me, a Scorpio, Safari, Fortuner, Endeavour, Pajero look like an SUV while the Q7, GLS, etc. don't look like one.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 13:28   #3528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post

I am actually very surprised that this discussion keeps coming up every time with an SUV/MUV launch.

If a 7-seater SUV has absolutely no boot space with the third row up, it is criticised for the very point! But it retains the SUV look when viewed from the side (XUV500). So accepted as an SUV .

If a 7-seater SUV provides decent boot space with the third row up, then it is criticised for being too lengthy like a van and for looking like an MUV from the side. Of course, talking about the hexa here .

Do I need to mention that you can't have your cake and..
Nalin1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 20:26   #3529
BHPian

Hi. Today I received a paper copy of the certificate of registration for my Hexa. I thought that we receive smart cards these days.

Is it that this is a temporary RC that I need to carry till the smart card come through? Or is it that this is the final RC for the vehicle and then I need to go to the RTO to get a smart card later?
Old 15th December 2017, 10:02   #3530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Hi. Today I received a paper copy of the certificate of registration for my Hexa. I thought that we receive smart cards these days.
I guess Pune RTO is unable to find smart card vendor and is hence handing out paper-printed RC. I don't think there is going to be any smart card for those who are being handed out this paper. How is anyone going to retain a piece of paper for 15 year?

As an alternative, you should be able to see RC in Digilocker if you gave your aadhar number during purchase. That RC in Digilocker is a valid document, as long as cops agree!!
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 11:55   #3531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
How is anyone going to retain a piece of paper for 15 year?
Only solution - LAMINATION on day 1 itself. I had a smart card for my card and on removal of Hypothecation, I was sent and A4 size paper (which is so lame that anyone can make that format on ones laptop). Speak about going digital!!!
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 12:18   #3532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Hi. Today I received a paper copy of the certificate of registration for my Hexa... Or is it that this is the final RC for the vehicle and then I need to go to the RTO to get a smart card later?
This indeed will be your final RC book. Agree with Ksameer1234 & Centaur, You wont get any smart card after this.
I haven't received my smart card either for Aria Purchased in 2015. On some inquiries, the answer was what Ksameer has already mentioned: No vendors to print smart card.

Regards,
Saurabh
Old 15th December 2017, 12:40   #3533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
I guess Pune RTO is unable to find smart card vendor and is hence handing out paper-printed RC. I don't think there is going to be any smart card for those who are being handed out this paper. How is anyone going to retain a piece of paper for 15 year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
No vendors to print smart card.
In this day and age, they cannot find a smart card vendor? Unbelievable, I tell you. Even restaurants are providing smart cards these days. I won't be surprised if my milkman starts providing smart cards. And these guys provide printed paper with one purple ink stamp?

So then what this means is that I will now need to laminate it. And I bet that I have to keep the original copy in the car (the one with a very authentic looking purple stamp (Sarcasm alert!)).

We owned a Premier Padmini in 1987 and even that had a decent booklet type RC. In fact it used to be called RC book for a reason. And now 30 years later I get an RC paper. WOW! Amazing.
ptushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 13:55   #3534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

Guess what! I have had the exact same thought every time I saw the Hexa first few days. In fact, the Hexa appears more SUV like than the Q7, since the Audi has a few curves here and there and sits low. The Hexa appears more like the Merc GLS - long, without much curves and sits a bit higher.

Last week, I saw a grey XT near the Hyderabad JLR showroom and believe me, it didn't look out of place.

All of these are my personal opinion. I am a Safari fan boy. To me, a Scorpio, Safari, Fortuner, Endeavour, Pajero look like an SUV while the Q7, GLS, etc. don't look like one.
I agree with your view. Higher the floor-pan from the ground , nearer to SUV in looks, coupled with not-too rounded looks. For this reason, Kwid appears more SUVish than SCross, although neither is an SUV. And, yes, Q7 appears more van-like than Hexa. Yet, it is Hexa people will holler at. I find none of the German SUVs visually appealing. I mean they may be loaded up with features and all but they lack that butch menacing looks an SUV must possess. To me, SUVs are those big boxy Hummers, Wranglers, F150s and down here, Scorpio, Safari, Fortuner, Endeavour, Pajero, just as you said.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 22:22   #3535

Hey guys I got the delivery of my Hexa xt a couple of days back. The delivery process was fairly smooth by Oberoi Motors Dehradun. I would like to share a few things though which may help people who would be taking the delivery of their respective cars.
1. The driver side OVRM had a crack. The OVRM was replaced as soon as I pointed that out. So no complaints there.
2. Yesterday I had bought a child car seat and while were installing it we found that the rear seat belt was chaffed. Immediately I called the dealer and took the car to the showroom and the seat belt was immediately changed. While the seat belt was being replaced my wife noticed that the carpet below the Co driver seat was not tugged in and the foam is clearly visible. I showed it to the salesman and he had no idea. He took a picture of it and showed it to his senior. What I have been told is that they have sent sent an email to the concerned department and it will be rectified in a couple of days. I am assuming that it will end a long process to set the carpet since the seats would have to be taken out. Has anyone experienced this carpet issue. Will post the picture tomorrow.
One thing I wanted to know was will the gear shift ease a little bit after a few kilometres or after the first service because the test drive vehicle had pretty smooth gear shifts. Posting a few pictures of my urban bronze xt.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171212wa0016.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171212wa0010.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171212wa0004.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171212wa0009.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171212wa0003.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171212wa0015.jpg  

Last edited by tsk1979 : 16th December 2017 at 02:00.
stairsin is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 22:56   #3536
BHPian

Congratulations for the new car.
Lately, I have been seeing significant number of posts regarding exterior damages to a new Tata vehicle. Can it be due to poor logistics partner for TaMo?
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 23:16   #3537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairsin View Post
Hey guys I got the delivery of my Hexa xt.
Congrats starisin! The urban bronze looks smashing. Yours is the first urban bronze color in our Forum, that I have seen. I am sorry you had to undergo few issues right after the delivery. Wish TATA could do something about it. I don't see the protruding antenna in the picture. Did you opt for any accessories apart from the side step? Wishing you a million miles ahead.

Last edited by doxinboy : 15th December 2017 at 23:20.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 08:07   #3538
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I agree with your view. Higher the floor-pan from the ground , nearer to SUV in looks, coupled with not-too rounded looks. For this reason, Kwid appears more SUVish than SCross, although neither is an SUV. And, yes, Q7 appears more van-like than Hexa. Yet, it is Hexa people will holler at. I find none of the German SUVs visually appealing. I mean they may be loaded up with features and all but they lack that butch menacing looks an SUV must possess. To me, SUVs are those big boxy Hummers, Wranglers, F150s and down here, Scorpio, Safari, Fortuner, Endeavour, Pajero, just as you said.
Plus one, but there is one German SUV that blows my mind away, The Gelandewagen Also I would add Defender to that list, though production is stopped.
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 10:20   #3539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Only solution - LAMINATION on day 1 itself
Please consult a legal expert before proceeding to laminate the govt. issued document(s). I have been through enough pain, by laminating my sale deed papers before handing it over to SBI, and the same was noted as an exception by them (since the authenticity of the document cannot be accurately verified). Not every professional can remove the lamination later on, to get the paper to it's near-original state. So, please either store this document in a zip-lock type plastic folder, or anything else that you deem fit to preserve it for long. Cheers!

Last edited by dkamath : 16th December 2017 at 10:33.
dkamath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 10:38   #3540
Senior - BHPian

I understand that the leather used in Hexa is imported from the States. I'm lusting after the steering grip. Any idea if I can source it in Bangalore, for my Nexon? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sebring : 16th December 2017 at 10:39. Reason: Forgot to add

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks