Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2017, 00:46   #3556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

A panoramic snapshot from the Highway Masala venue (near Yamuna Expressway) of the Hexa meet held for owners of North India - Delhi, Noida & Gurgaon.

43 Hexas were a part of this meet event, which had more than 100 people attending.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20171217.jpg

Thanks to Ashok Sharma for sharing!
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 09:37   #3557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
The paper was so fragile that in an attempt to preserve it I laminated it. Later when I tried selling it to Mahindra auto mart they mentioned that I have to apply for duplicate RC so that the new buyer can transfer it to his name. Because the name is written on the paper itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Please consult a legal expert before proceeding to laminate the govt. issued document(s). I have been through enough pain, by laminating my sale deed papers before handing it over to SBI, and the same was noted as an exception by them (since the authenticity of the document cannot be accurately verified). Not every professional can remove the lamination later on, to get the paper to it's near-original state.
Thanks for pointing it out. Well looks like if this is still the case then I too will have to go to de-laminators when I plan to sell my vehicle. I have a total of 3 Gov docs which are laminated and would need to get them de-laminated if required. Sorry for having gone OT here
Old 18th December 2017, 12:53   #3558
BHPian

Roof Carrier

Hi

Has anyone installed a roof carrier on their HEXA.

The show room is quoting a price of Rs. 65,000!!

us.dash
us.dash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 15:49   #3559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A panoramic snapshot from the Highway Masala venue (near Yamuna Expressway) of the Hexa meet held for owners of North India - Delhi, Noida & Gurgaon.

43 Hexas were a part of this meet event, which had more than 100 people attending.

Thanks to Ashok Sharma for sharing!
I was part of the HEXA meet and it was wonderful experience on Yamuna Expressway where 43 Hexas were driving in a row, Drone shots awaited will post once I get them.
Anuruddhs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 13:53   #3560

Hi All,

I have got delivery of XTA and from last two days I am hearing gargel sound when gears changing.
I found that this is a known problem. Is there any solution provided by TASS ?
Old 19th December 2017, 21:25   #3561
BHPian

Reposting from my ownership thread:-

"The lag which was present before the ECU update seems to kick in on long rides, when we use cruise control. It vanishes on its own, when driving in cities and the engine becomes a lot more peppier.
So my doubt is, when ECU is updated, what makes it go back to its previous characteristics and again come back to normal based on driving conditions? Is it a bug, or is it specifically programmed to be so?
It would help if anyone who's done a custom ECU update could throw some light!"

As of today, irrespective of where i drive, the car seems to behave as it did before the ECU update. Lag is back and so is the gargle.
Old 19th December 2017, 21:53   #3562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by us.dash View Post
... a roof carrier on their HEXA. ..... The show room is quoting a price of Rs. 65,000!!
Is that for the roof carrier rails ? Pls check once at showrooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A panoramic snapshot ...

Looks like we have one not-so-happy Hexa owner there

Btw, was that a SOUL organized meet or by the group ?

Last edited by theMAG : 20th December 2017 at 00:30. Reason: Back-back posts merged.
Old 19th December 2017, 23:07   #3563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks like we have one not-so-happy Hexa owner there

Btw, was that a SOUL organized meet or by the group ?
The THOR group of the North, called the Beast Masters.

Here are 2 videos of the meet:

Amazing to see so many Hexas headed to the same destination in a straight line, following each other.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 14:50   #3564
BHPian

Here is a detailed review of Hexa from Faisal Khan. This is his personal review and not from Motorbeam. He sure has an innovative way to film, by strapping camera to his head. As usual he votes for XTA as the model to go for. I liked the review however, there a few things which I didn't like:
1. Touching 150 kmph on city roads.
2. Saying drive modes come only in XT 4x4.

PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 15:34   #3565
Senior - BHPian

No one seems to have opted for the Downtown edition here. I have not ready any posts about it, except related to launch of the same. Any particular reason, why prospective owners are not opting for it?
Old 20th December 2017, 16:21   #3566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
No one seems to have opted for the Downtown edition here. I have not ready any posts about it, except related to launch of the same. Any particular reason, why prospective owners are not opting for it?
Few pages back you can see a member having bought the downtown version. Also, I've seen two of them now on road.
Spotting a Hexa in itself is rare. Add to that the downtown version. These are exclusive of the exclusives!
Old 20th December 2017, 19:46   #3567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Reposting from my ownership thread:-

"The lag which was present before the ECU update seems to kick in on long rides, when we use cruise control. It vanishes on its own, when driving in cities and the engine becomes a lot more peppier.
So my doubt is, when ECU is updated, what makes it go back to its previous characteristics and again come back to normal based on driving conditions? Is it a bug, or is it specifically programmed to be so?
It would help if anyone who's done a custom ECU update could throw some light!"

As of today, irrespective of where i drive, the car seems to behave as it did before the ECU update. Lag is back and so is the gargle.
Same here. I infact noticed the Renaissance of the infamous gargle after two weeks post update. Okay, the gargles doesn't bother me at all. It is infact the drop in the performance which beats me like hell. It was the "PEDAL TO THE MEDAL" moment in the TD of the AT trim made me buy it over the MT but now that thing is missing and the eagerness at lower revvs in the AT is missing.

On the flipside though, the car has become a lot more fuel-efficient in the city. That keeps my dad's head happy but not his heart.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 21:25   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post

On the flipside though, the car has become a lot more fuel-efficient in the city. That keeps my dad's head happy but not his heart.
Many have not experienced the car going back to how it was prior to the update. We need a way to bring this to the attention of the people in TATA who understand ECU. Unfortunately, regular folks at TASS wouldn't comprehend!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 10:40   #3569
BHPian

Hi guys, need some help. I had booked XTA recently and SA says that the car is on its way from the plant. He suggested me to proceed with the payment. When can I expect to receive the VIN and when is the right time to release the funds. Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 10:42   #3570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Hi guys, need some help. I had booked XTA recently and SA says that the car is on its way from the plant. He suggested me to proceed with the payment. When can I expect to receive the VIN and when is the right time to release the funds. Thanks
If the car is allotted to you, the dealer should already have the VIN number for your car. Recommend to release the funds only once you have inspected the car in person.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed