Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2018, 19:18   #3646
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I doubt that is the case because if Merc still follows it in its current gen of cars ( which are clearly far more desirable than the other German brands ), this is definitely must be a modern touch. We are possibly out of touch with latest trends, if we think this is old fashioned !
I checked the door pics of some recent models from BMW and Audi as well- they have this mechanism. I saw it on a Zoomcar Merc A Class earlier. In fact, it was there on our Baleno as well. Not sure about the scientific basis for this, but if the best brands in the world are doing it, there must be a benefit from it.
Old 18th January 2018, 19:46   #3647
BHPian

Something's cooking! New price list coming soon. From Hexa's website.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-price.png
OrangeCar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 02:50   #3648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
Not just for Hexa, it is happening with Nexon and Tigor too. I guess it is the stated slight increase in the price across their portfolio. Hexa is still a VFM suv, and I prefer that way. Hope they keep the zero insurance offer for the first year intact.

On the other hand, I am wondering about the impending showcase of Q501 and its Impact on Hexa.

Last edited by doxinboy : 19th January 2018 at 02:51. Reason: add space
Old 19th January 2018, 10:03   #3649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post

Attachment 1718521
May be that's due to the drop in GST slab from 28 to 18%?
Old 19th January 2018, 11:15   #3650
BHPian

Good news for those who want to TEST the Hexa before buying.
Zoomcar now has Hexa listed on their site (at least in Pune).
Being a self driven rented car, it will surely be exposed to absurd usage a lot.
So we can judge how well it can withstand such exploitation.
If it is surviving well their, then it is quite no-brainer that it would last very well in our own hands.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 11:29   #3651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Being a self driven rented car, it will surely be exposed to absurd usage a lot.
So we can judge how well it can withstand such exploitation.
If it is surviving well their, then it is quite no-brainer that it would last very well in our own hands.
Partly true, but with some important caveats.

While it could give a good idea of how the vehicle handles abuse, what people should realize that this should not be your first impression for the overall vehicle. The ZoomCar version of the Tata Hexa is the base model with the 320NM engine (not the 400NM engine offered on all other variants). Further it comes with a speed governor installed (limiting the top-speed IIRC to 80kmph).

For someone evaluating the Hexa as a potential new buy - this would be a very misleading way to get started.
sachinayak is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 11:46   #3652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
This was discussed sometime in November last year. take a look here. A bhpian also took the hexa from zoom and has penned his experience on the forum. Do take a look
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 12:19   #3653
BANNED

Another Failure, this is Failure # 2 in the short span of 5+ months of ownership with just 3000 Kms on the ODO.

Failure 1 - When my Wiper Motor conked off at 1K Kms, it was replaced but left a very bad taste, had I been at a location beyond the A$$ of TML, this would have left me stranded in the rains.

Failure 2 - This happened on 1/17, while coming back from work, the driver side power window switch gave way, it came off and was hanging the way milk teeth hang by the edge. I was fuming, sent a few messages to the SM from Concorde.

Next day in the morning, the entire front right assembly was changed (I had my fingers crossed if they would have it in stock).

From Day 1 of my ownership, I had this hunch that the button would not last 1/10 of what on other cars would, but at 3K with single handed ownership, I am crossed with the quality that TML is into.

I have stated and I repeat, the quality of parts being used by TML sucks big time and if they do not improve on such things, it shall be very hard for them garner sales from tax paying citizens.

While others on the forum might have steads with 100K miles on their TML products, for me, these are not good signs and would make me think 10 times before I take her out for a long mile crunching travel with my family.

TATA IMPROVE on parts and focus less on HK and Leather !!
Torquedo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 12:48   #3654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post

TATA IMPROVE on parts and focus less on HK and Leather !!
Sad to hear about your experience. The Wiper motor issue is something common in their cars. Happened in the Nano too, and it may be related to that specific vendor. The power window button breaking off is disappointing. Do you see any improvement in quality in the new buttons? I found the quality to be quite decent, but maybe I'm gentle with the switch (even the window switch of our 2002 Esteem is origonal- that car was notorious for P/W failures.)
The fundamentals of the car are good. Engine, Suspension, Steering, Gearbox and basic electricals are really good and most of it is tried and tested. You may face small issues of the sort you described, but mechanically it won't be an incapable companion on long drives. Please don't get disheartened. Write to the company to ensure that this does not recur- if they have changed the switch quality in later batches, please get them installed. But do not lose faith in the car. It is quite capable.
Nissan1180 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 14:08   #3655
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Sad to hear about your experience. The Wiper motor issue is something common in their cars. Happened in the Nano too, and it may be related to that specific vendor.
Thanks for the kind words, Nissan.

Nano and a flagship product like the Hexa, I cannot swallow the fact that even if the Vendor is the same (should not be case after Nano PW failures in the first place), the quality checks and quality in itself can be comparable for the two products with opposite polarity.

Quote:
The fundamentals of the car are good. Engine, Suspension, Steering, Gearbox and basic electricals are really good and most of it is tried and tested.
Though the fundamentals are in place, the problem is, it has done 3000 kms and as I wrote with the issues that I have faced thus far, you tend to lose confidence, anything might break anytime.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 17:09   #3656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Thanks for the kind words, Nissan.

Nano and a flagship product like the Hexa, I cannot swallow the fact that even if the Vendor is the same (should not be case after Nano PW failures in the first place), the quality checks and quality in itself can be comparable for the two products with opposite polarity.

Though the fundamentals are in place, the problem is, it has done 3000 kms and as I wrote with the issues that I have faced thus far, you tend to lose confidence, anything might break anytime.
This is a little disappointing. These small issues make or break customer satisfaction and need to be addressed.

I have a 9 year old Safari (2.2 VTT) and owned an Indica before that. I have faced the wiper motor issue with both. The problem is accentuated by the fact that the wiper motor and arm assembly is usually not in stock. I have actually never had to change it as the service centre managed to get it serviced and running again each time. But one would hope that a recurrent issue like this would be dealt with.

I have also had to replace the driver side window switch console once - but that was some six years into ownership and so I will not complain.

However, someone at Tata needs to relook at the wiper motors they are procuring. It is a small part, but a failure in pouring rain (as had happened to me once) can be very frustrating and unsafe.

That being said, I am not hearing about issues in general with the Hexa and so imagine that most of the usual quality bugs have been squashed. It is just these last few that need to be acted on.
Strangerintown is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 17:42   #3657
Senior - BHPian

I would say these are minor issues - gremlins in the electricals have always haunted Tata, but now that Lucas, the prince of insufficient light does not bless the newer Tata vehicles as much, they should be less. (Btw, touch wood, I never faced any issues with my wiper motor or power window switches)

Bugs in the electricals are in my opinion, not as big a cause for concern, as say the mechanicals should be robust, Unlike, say the TUV 300 which had plenty of new ones breaking down on the road due to the FDM Issues, or new Marutis facing issues with the AMT and not being able to slot into gear.
greenhorn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 17:49   #3658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Bugs in the electricals are in my opinion, not as big a cause for concern, as say the mechanicals should be robust, Unlike, say the TUV 300 which had plenty of new ones breaking down on the road due to the FDM Issues, or new Marutis facing issues with the AMT and not being able to slot into gear.
Agreed, but if you aspire to be another Maruti (quality and after sales wise), you need to step up on the smaller aspects as well. Electrical faults may not be as bad as basic mechanical faults but are significant ownership irritants never the less. No offence to anyone but if Tata is to step up to Tier-1, Mahindra is not the comparison benchmark. They have already bought in the much needed polish to their vehicles and the cabins feel as good as the best (which was unimaginable even 5 years ago!) but small negatives tend to undo all the good work toward building the large positives.
Strangerintown is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:50   #3659
BHPian

Tata Motors Ltd (TML) has increased ex-showroom prices of all its cars by 1.0-3.7% in Mumbai. This comes after the company offered a limited-period insurance and exchange offer to its customers on five models.

Looks like there is a price hike. Can anyone comment on the exact difference?

Source
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:42   #3660
BHPian

Went to give my XT for 10k (in 5 months) service:
As part of update, wiper motor to be changed. Apart from that no complaints.
tifosikrishna is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks