Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2018, 16:06   #3751
Senior - BHPian

Hexa really comes into its own for extended inter-city use for drives of 4-5 hours plus. I doubt there is anything within 5 lakhs of it in that application. It isn't the right car for a small family for just city use and short outings from the city.

Has anyone been able to compare and report on whether the ride is even better on the smaller dia wheels + higher profile tyre version of the car? Is there any merit in swapping down from the 19 inch version?

Last edited by ampere : 23rd February 2018 at 08:34. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 22nd February 2018, 19:50   #3752
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Is there any merit in swapping down from the 19 inch version?
Swapping down is not advised and is mentioned in the manual itself. It apparently affects the performance of safety control systems.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd February 2018 at 20:22. Reason: fixed quote tag
tifosikrishna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 20:09   #3753
BHPian

There is merit in swapping down to 16" from the 19" of top end variants. Better ride, lower risk of damage to tyres, and a much wider range of tyres to choose from at a significantly lower price point. Also, from what I have been able to understand, swapping down to 16" will make next to no difference in the safety systems. The over change in diameter of the tyres is well within the generally acceptable +/- 2 or 3%.

Therefore while there will be a small error in the speedo, and the safety systems which are calibrated based on speedo, the error will be next to negligible. Again, thats totally my understanding, and I am willing to swap down to 16" if and when I do buy the Hexa. Experts may correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd February 2018 at 20:23. Reason: Formatted post for readability
Old 22nd February 2018, 20:17   #3754
Senior - BHPian

So if one wants the advantages of 16 inches it is better to buy the cheaper variants. Again, is the extra ride comfort there to that extent? For Indian conditions? I am less concerned about tyre damage as I am about a better ride.

Ever since I bought a Palio 1.6 GTX in 2001, and suffered its harsh ride for 8 years, I am very wary of low profile tyres.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 23:21   #3755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Any Birdies with possible info on?:

Next Hexa update with:
1) 170 BHP Engine
2) AT + AWD variant
3) Apple / Android Auto
/ Carplay on a larger screen.
4) Powered front seats
5) Panoramic normal Sunroof.

Any of these happening anytime in 2018?

Also how have people found the Hexa 6 seater middle row vs 7 seater middle row vs Current Endeavour middle row.

Lastly in the real world how have bhpians found the AT vs the MT (AWD or not) after getting used to the MT.
What about KEYLESS ENTRY, START/STOP BUTTON..Even an EcoSport and lesser hatchbacks carry it nowadays...
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:35   #3756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
So if one wants the advantages of 16 inches it is better to buy the cheaper variants. Again, is the extra ride comfort there to that extent? For Indian conditions? I am less concerned about tyre damage as I am about a better ride.

Ever since I bought a Palio 1.6 GTX in 2001, and suffered its harsh ride for 8 years, I am very wary of low profile tyres.
There's no much noticeable difference on ride quality as i observed when driving both XM and XT. Logically the XM has to have better ride quality but it's all just the same with both.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 16:05   #3757
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
What about KEYLESS ENTRY, START/STOP BUTTON..Even an EcoSport and lesser hatchbacks carry it nowadays...
It is good to have this but not critical for me.
Even in the case of Ford the EcoSport has it but the Endeavour does not. My own top spec 2013 AT EcoSport had max safety equipment among all variants and trims with stuff like ESP and 6 Airbags but not this comfort / feel good item.

Last edited by ACM : 23rd February 2018 at 16:06.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 16:57   #3758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
The keyless entry, is more prone to hacking and duplication if you have the tech chops, and a suitable scanner. Good to have but not secure enough and given India's jugaad mentality, I'm sure someone will or already has figured how to do this..
Old 24th February 2018, 21:14   #3759
BHPian

Guys, booked the XTA! Will be taking delivery next week. Only 2 things were taken under consideration, ride quality and safety.

Took another good 40 mins long test drive today and what a beautiful engine and gear box combo. It pulls superbly.

Thanks a lot to all you wonderful people for helping me make the decision. Really appreciate it! Will keep you posted!
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 23:04   #3760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Guys, booked the XTA! Will be taking delivery next week.
Congratulations on your booking. Wish you miles and miles of joy with your HEXA.
Which colour you opted for? Suggest you to go for TPMS.
Will be waiting for the first looks.
Old 25th February 2018, 10:39   #3761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Which colour you opted for? Suggest you to go for TPMS.
Will be waiting for the first looks.
Thank you sir! Its sky grey. And sure will take the HUD with TPMS.
Old 26th February 2018, 13:05   #3762
BHPian

Friends, have any of you have installed a roof cross bar?? The specs and pics will be highly appreciated. Will the cross bar for raised and non-raised roof rail be the same??
Old 27th February 2018, 12:55   #3763
BHPian

Guys, getting free insurance and a discount of 30k on a April 2017 vehicle. Is it worth thinking about it? What are the positives and negatives? Thank you.
Old 27th February 2018, 13:20   #3764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, getting free insurance and a discount of 30k on a April 2017 vehicle. Is it worth thinking about it? What are the positives and negatives? Thank you.
Not worth it. Make sure you get at least 10% discount on OTR price. That is the average depreciation of a one year old vehicle.

Last edited by Latheesh : 27th February 2018 at 13:34.
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 13:23   #3765
BHPian

Quote:
IMO, the free insurance and 30k cash discount isn't enough for a car which is almost a year old. Moreover it is sitting idol in the stockyard of the dealership. Had it been over 1.5-2 lac discount, I would've given it a thought. But for 80k discount (cost of insurance plus cash discount) it isn't worth it.

Rather spend the extra bucks and get yourself a car with recent MFD date. That'll ensure some peace of mind too.

Varun

Last edited by Varun_HexaGuy : 27th February 2018 at 13:24. Reason: Typo :)
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks