Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2018, 19:16   #4021
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Fellow Hexa owners, my friend is looking for good quality floor mat. I did a couple of search, but wasn't convinced by any of them Could you let me know if you opted for company floor mats or bought them from a third party.
Old 26th April 2018, 20:14   #4022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Fellow Hexa owners, my friend is looking for good quality floor mat. I did a couple of search, but wasn't convinced by any of them Could you let me know if you opted for company floor mats or bought them from a third party.
I recently bought a Hexa and purchased the floor mats from the dealer. They are decent and do the job well. Fit is also good.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 20:23   #4023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I love the carpet mats provided by TATA. Ask your friend to check it out. Makes the interior look more luxurious.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 22:59   #4024
BHPian

Thanks to all of you who responded to my post. I am not looking at Hexa anymore because of 2 more reasons.
1) Getting in to the car is climbing up. It will not be comfortable for my parents with knee problems. Side step is mandatory even then it's climbing up. Not walking in.
2) 3rd row seats. Our TBHP official review captured it well.
It's not for me.

On a side note, I was pleasantly surprised when Nandi Toyota's feedback team called me to ask about how was my experience at their showroom. Apart from the routine questions and ratings, there were open questions to ensure whether I need another test drive or any other information from them. This is apart from the regular follow up call from the rep.

Last edited by blorebuddy : 26th April 2018 at 23:06.
blorebuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 10:36   #4025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
3rd row seats. Our TBHP official review captured it well.
All the best for your car hunting.

Out of curiosity, what is the issue with 3rd row of seats ? Are we referring to lack of flat folding capabilities or getting in / out?
Old 27th April 2018, 19:40   #4026
BHPian

I'm seeing a lot of reviewers saying that the Hexa engine over time becomes a lot louder and unrefined vs when it is initially bought. Everyone says the Varicore engine is less refined vs the mHawk on XUV and is showing it's age. It's a tough choice that way. It may be reliable doing duty for long but it's it worthwhile to invest in an engine in it's last leg (as the newer vehicles from Tata will have the FCA motor) ?
TORQUE_AANJANEY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 21:36   #4027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
All the best for your car hunting.

Out of curiosity, what is the issue with 3rd row of seats ? Are we referring to lack of flat folding capabilities or getting in / out?
Thanks. I find it very limited space to keep the legs in 3rd row and getting down from 3rd row also.
Old 27th April 2018, 22:20   #4028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUE_AANJANEY View Post
I'm seeing a lot of reviewers saying that the Hexa engine over time becomes a lot louder and unrefined vs when it is initially bought. Everyone says the Varicore engine is less refined vs the mHawk on XUV and is showing it's age. It's a tough choice that way. It may be reliable doing duty for long but it's it worthwhile to invest in an engine in it's last leg (as the newer vehicles from Tata will have the FCA motor) ?
I guess the aria owners can comment here. We have folks who have crossed the 1L mark.
To speak of my experience, post 1 year, the engine is still as silent as it was in the beginning and I guess a lot more refined as well after the oil change. No idea how it will hold on in future. But am really optimistic looking at the enthusiasm in the safari owners!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 22:24   #4029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm seeing a lot of reviewers saying that the Hexa engine over time becomes a lot louder and unrefined vs when it is initially bought.
I highly doubt so.

My safari dicor sounded the same as in day one till year 6, after 1.4 lakh km. My storme with hexa's varicor 400 engine is a lot more refined than DICOR. There is no reason for the engine to become louder with age. That 2.2 unit is a pretty reliable unit(2.35 lakh km experience in 3 SUVs- Sumo grande + Safari dicor + storme Varicor).

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 27th April 2018 at 22:25.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 09:25   #4030
BHPian

Quote:
I'm seeing a lot of reviewers saying that the Hexa engine over time becomes a lot louder and unrefined vs when it is initially bought.

I have a Storme Varicor 400 and its engine is very silent compared to other similar SUV's. The engine bay is huge in these cars as they put large engines in export models hence when a 2.2 unit is setup then it gets good sound deadning.

My friend has Storme Varicor with 320NM and done 1lac kms in 1.5 yrs. His car is so smooth with same amount of engine noise as was on day one.

As Hexa is having the same engine, I dont think the engine sound will increase so much after years of ownership.
Prateek19 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 12:33   #4031
BHPian

Thank you for the replies guys. Overdrive and a few reviewers talked about Hexa engine getting more vocal overtime. I guess it's down to maintenance and attention to detail. While most XUV's have a steering which is imprecise and not a lot of feedback, mine is exactly the opposite. I can say may be only a fiesta can beat it (I'm not considering EPS units).

Now back to Hexa - Does anyone think a new facelift of Hexa with minor updates is on the cards? I mean I'm only interested in the AT but minus ESP and traction control for a car over 2.2 ton and may be around 3 when loaded, is not very confidence inspiring. I don't mind it not being a 4x4 but those 2 should be safety kit that a top end variant of AT shouldn't skimp on. I know it gets down to driver and his abilities, etc to pull out of difficult situations even without ESP or traction control, but if I'm not Schumacher in a split second for reaction time, at least the gadgetry can bail me out.

So any insider news scoop about any new variants coming or some kind of minor facelift coming?
Old 28th April 2018, 14:54   #4032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Update from my friend: Tata service engineers test-drove the car and have acknowledged that there is an issue. They will discuss this with their plant engineers and will resolve it accordingly.

The term they used was "heart-beat" on the clutch pedal is abnormal.

Did your friend get any word from TATA people?

Yesterday I took mine for inspection. The guy told me that there is a problem in clutch release bearing. It should be changed.
Old 28th April 2018, 16:34   #4033
BHPian

Quote:

So any insider news scoop about any new variants coming or some kind of minor facelift coming?
Nope, there will not be any auto variant with the safety features as its a technical issue with regards to compatibility between the gearbox and other mechanicals.
The main reason why the auto sells despite this is solely because of the quality offered. There simply is no comparison to the Hexa's automatic tranny where even, according to a few reviewers, cars from a segment above shy away to match.
Old 28th April 2018, 18:03   #4034
BHPian

Quote:
I know it gets down to driver and his abilities, etc to pull out of difficult situations even without ESP or traction control, but if I'm not Schumacher in a split second for reaction time, at least the gadgetry can bail me out.?
Hi Torque_Aanjaney,

I'm in a similar predicament as you, searching for a good automatic transmission vehicle around the 25 lakh price, and have been considering Xuv, Hexa, Innova, Tucson and Preowned current model Endeavour. I have actually been following your posts, as you were asking all the questions i needed to ask.

I have test drove all the mentioned vehicles. I liked Hexa a lot, but i decided against it for the very same reason - no ESP/TC in a vehicle of that size. A lot of people i consulted said 'its not necessary', 'not in this price class' 'you won't need it 99% of the time' 'drive safe and drive defensive and its not needed etc etc'.

In my opinion, these fail safes exist for the < 1 % of the times the driver fails or miscalculates. It's a proven fact that ESP or Rollover mitigation prevents quite a few potential accidents and are now mandatory in several countries.Even the smaller Ecosport Titanium AT comes with ESP.

It was a very tough decision, to say no to Hexa, but i know there is no compromise on safety. I actually considered getting the manual Hexa, but i thought i will regret not having AT so skipped it. My search continues!!

Last edited by Raghav_K : 28th April 2018 at 18:05. Reason: typos
Raghav_K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 20:18   #4035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
It was a very tough decision, to say no to Hexa, but i know there is no compromise on safety. I actually considered getting the manual Hexa, but i thought i will regret not having AT so skipped it. My search continues!!
Glad that you felt safety to be a priority. I guess you would not settle for a vehicle with anything lesser than 6 airbags as well. They seem to be more "required" compared to the other electronic safety gadgetry!
That boils down to only a few top end variants of the XUV, endeavour and other cars.
Please keep us posted on your purchase process!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks