Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2018, 13:42   #4081
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenkatMunukutla View Post
Oh! i didn't know the need for AT tires. Should I do it right when I purchase? Also any suggestions for other mods/accessories required? For instance i see they have a downtown package - any thing useful?
Well AT tyres are meant for serious off roading and they aren't the best on the tarmac. I guess you should get those tyres only when you head out for some off roading activity. Otherwise you are good with the stock tyres which have a nice balance between onroad and offroad driving.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 16:30   #4082
BHPian

Congratulations on your booking, keep us updated on the delivery process. Please see my responses below,

Quote:
Update:

Thanks for the inputs. I booked an XT 4x4 and counting on it to be delivered in the next 15 days or so. In the mean time the question on accessories came up and need inputs from this group:

1. Side Step : Seems to be an yes from family side due to the height and elders in family.
Side step is must for elder people in the family. This is the only accessory I got fitted in my Hexa apart from floor mats.

2. Alloy Wheels - 16 or 19?
I don't think there is any need to downsize. 19 inch alloys really look good.

3. Wireless Charger and Hud in the accessories look interesting - Worth it from Company?

4. In the Luxe pack, they are adding a lot of chrome - Anyone in the group who brought the luxe pack, can they share their thoughts.

5. I tried to visualize in tan but haven't seen any vehicle with Tan seats. How does the color combination look in a blue outside and tan inside?
Since XT has side airbags, you won't be able to put seat covers. But the grey shade of seats goes very well with the interiors of the car.

6. Family is tempted for sun roof but I' am not sure as the sun roof in the picture looks small. Any owners with the sunroof?
FirstRay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 17:02   #4083
BHPian

The wireless charger (accessory) makes the use of only available storage space cumbersome. I got the tray fitted and checked.

I have also ordered Hexa XTA and getting my delivery on the 9th of May.
As far as the extra chrome pack is concerened you can ask them to put each piece and hold it for you to check and decide. I decided against the chrome on door handles as they already have a chrome lining. Similarly you can do away with the chrome on RVMs. Money is reduced accordingly.

I have ordered the HUD am not sure how good it is.. So I thought I will review it once its installed for the benefit of everyone as I coudnt find any review anywhere.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th May 2018 at 19:41.
Gary_Aviator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 17:09   #4084
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

6. Family is tempted for sun roof but I' am not sure as the sun roof in the picture looks small. Any owners with the sunroof?
There is a video on youtube where the sunroof has been reviewed.

The sunroof size is decent, but the positioning and vehicle dimensions make it look small. Not sure if the presence of a sunroof will add to the resale value later. As an accessory, it is somewhat oddly placed. The rear passengers might not be able to operate or enjoy it. I guess this is true for the XUV as well.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 19:26   #4085
BHPian

Guys, how many think it's a wise decision for me to book a Hexa XTA now vs waiting till Tata H7X is launched and replace my 4 years old XUV which I simply wish to change because I'm bored of it plus would always like something that rides better over broken tarmac?

Regarding the Hexa I think I'm at that stage where it's shortcomings I can bear with (obviously would have preferred more features and some of those shortcomings sorted) but if the H7X will come out significantly more expensive then I wouldn't regret my decision. Sure I would have lesser features in Hexa vs H7X but I would also have lesser a price tag as well. But if they priced very close to each other then it could be a bit of a heartburn.
Old 7th May 2018, 19:52   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUE_AANJANEY View Post
Guys, how many think it's a wise decision for me to book a Hexa XTA now vs waiting till Tata H7X is launched and replace my 4 years old XUV which I simply wish to change because I'm bored of it plus would always like something that rides better over broken tarmac?
If ride quality is your prime criteria, then you can go ahead and book Hexa. H7X seems to be at least 2 to 3 years away.

Just to give an example, I know someone who sold 18 month old SCross 1.6 to buy Hexa
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 20:12   #4087
BHPian

Quote:

Regarding the Hexa I think I'm at that stage where it's shortcomings I can bear with (obviously would have preferred more features and some of those shortcomings sorted) but if the H7X will come out significantly more expensive then I wouldn't regret my decision. Sure I would have lesser features in Hexa vs H7X but I would also have lesser a price tag as well. But if they priced very close to each other then it could be a bit of a heartburn.
I would say hold on to your XUV as you have run it relatively lesser. The Hx twins would be out by next year end as per TATA (either one of them). That's just 1.5 years more. Also having seen your posts both here and in the XUV thread, its clear you aren't entirely satisfied with the car and buying just for the heck of it till you raise more funds for the Endeavour will surely mess up your ownership experience.
Only the niggles (if any) and the fact that there are less features compared to XUV will be there at the back of your mind.

If you choose to wait, who knows, the itch towards the Endeavour may completely vanish after looking at the H7X. Hoping that TATA build it that way!

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th May 2018 at 09:01. Reason: Endy = Endeavour
abhi7013 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 20:26   #4088
BHPian

Quote:

I would say you can go ahead and book Hexa. H7X is still approx 1.5yrs away. Then add another 1 year or so, so that it's reliability is also tested. The price is also not known. But I'm sure it will be positioned above Hexa maybe close to Endeavour or Fortuner. You cannot go wrong with Hexa. It ride quality is very good and since you want a vehicle that rides well you can go ahead with Hexa.

Regards
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 20:32   #4089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
I would say hold on to your XUV as you have run it relatively lesser. The Hx twins would be out by next year end as per TATA (either one of them). That's just 1.5 years more. Also having seen your posts both here and in the XUV thread, its clear you aren't entirely satisfied with the car and buying just for the heck of it till you raise more funds for the Endeavour will surely mess up your ownership experience.
Only the niggles (if any) and the fact that there are less features compared to XUV will be there at the back of your mind.

If you choose to wait, who knows, the itch towards the Endeavour may completely vanish after looking at the H7X. Hoping that TATA build it that way!
Makes sense.

The only other way I looked at it was -

1.) Buy Hexa now (newer cockpit than XUV, may be no rattles or squeaks as reported by other owners, better ride quality and the biggest of them all - "No clutch and gearbox fiddling in Bangalore traffic"). I'm tilted to Hexa only because I can say it has the best AT at par with the Endeavour suited to my driving style (because it always comes down to personal driving patterns).

2.) Wait till H7X is unveiled in about 2 years

3.) Wait another year till its durability is confirmed and niggles if any thoroughly out in the open (when I bought the XUV it was 3 years into the market and we all knew the prominent niggles and their work around)

4.) If there are any teething issues with H7X, they will probably be sorted by their next year batch cars (Hopefully. My XUV had updated suspension and brake pads vs the ones sold from 2011 - Nov 2013. While older cars had some recalls they still weren't as fail safe as the ones after Nov 2013)

5.) If Tata puts H7X very close to Endeavour pricing wise, I can just forget about it and keep munching miles till I can grab the Endeavour itself (another 4-5 years).

However, this can go south if -

1.) TATA launches the H7X priced very close to Hexa with just marginally higher price (2-3 lakhs max at a premium)

2.) TATA launches H7X and within a year discontinues Hexa crashing it's resale value.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th May 2018 at 09:01. Reason: Endy = Endeavour
Old 7th May 2018, 21:37   #4090
BHPian

Quote:
Makes sense.
However, this can go south if -

1.) TATA launches the H7X priced very close to Hexa with just marginally higher price (2-3 lakhs max at a premium)

2.) TATA launches H7X and within a year discontinues Hexa crashing it's resale value.
I strongly disagree with the second point. No sane person or company would think that way. Especially not TATA considering the age old cars that are still running in the market with spares available.
And trust me, if H5X is confirmed to be launched at around 12L as evident from one of TATA motor's tweets, what will the H7X have to be priced 15L higher? Two extra seats?

It definitely will be priced higher than Hexa am sure, but will lie very well within the Crysta price bracket. The Hexa top trim may coincide with H7X base/mid trim.

Also regarding product teething issues, we have seen TATA come out with Zest, Bolt, Tiago, Tigor, Hexa and Nexon. There have been no detailed niggles thread for most of these products. There are no major issues that demanded a recall apart from minor ECU updates.

Trust me, TATA is miles ahead when it comes to launching new products without major recalls for mechanical fault. The only major drawback is it's QC.
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 22:45   #4091
BHPian

Quote:
If Tata puts H7X very close to Endeavour pricing wise, I can just forget about it and keep munching miles till I can grab the Endeavour itself (another 4-5 years).
If Endeavour is the ultimate car for you, then why not explore pre-owned market? I am sure there must be good deals in pre-owned market within that price range (On Road price of Hexa XTA in B'lore + 2-3 lacs). Sorry I have not gone through all of your posts so do not know if you are totally against pre-owned cars. In that case just ignore this post.

BTW, considering Tata's current pricing strategy, I personally do not feel H7X will be very close to Endeavour. It will be above Hexa, and top end Hexa may overlap with base H7X as far as pricing is concerned.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th May 2018 at 09:00. Reason: Endy = Endeavour
FirstRay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 10:55   #4092
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, how many think it's a wise decision for me to book a Hexa XTA... .
As i mentioned in an earlier quote, my friend who hated Tata, is now all praise for the same after the purchase of his HEXA ATA, he loves the ride and comfort. His other car is famed BMW 320d and he strongly feels Tata have gone miles ahead in terms of build quality. Take a long test drive, across different terrains and if you get that wow moment, then go ahead, else wait for a couple of years.
Old 8th May 2018, 12:57   #4093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
There is a video on Youtube where the sunroof has been reviewed.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=i3gi3uAh0oY

The sunroof size is decent, but the positioning and vehicle dimensions make it look small. Not sure if the presence of a sunroof will add to the resale value later. As an accessory, it is somewhat oddly placed. The rear passengers might not be able to operate or enjoy it. I guess this is true for the XUV as well.
Thank you. We decided to give it a pass.
Old 8th May 2018, 15:01   #4094
BHPian

Guys can anyone post the pics of official side steps for Hexa? Dealer does not have them in stock right now. I wanted to see how they look before finalizing anything. I have seen side steps available in local market and found them to be okay though not very attractive. Hence want to see the official ones also. If anyone has them installed in their car then please post a pic of the same. Would really appreciate. Thanks in advance.
Old 8th May 2018, 15:54   #4095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys can anyone post the pics of official side steps for Hexa? Dealer does not have them in stock right now. I wanted to see how they look before finalizing anything. I have seen side steps available in local market and found them to be okay though not very attractive. Hence want to see the official ones also. If anyone has them installed in their car then please post a pic of the same. Would really appreciate. Thanks in advance.
I have ordered them, they did not have it in stock. As told by the storekeeper they are of two types : one are of fibre and other which are of slightly heavy material. So I ordered the heavy ones as fibre ones are not that strong. Price is same.. Around 16k. Getting delivery of my car today. Side steps will come in 2 to 3 days. Will post the pics then.
Gary_Aviator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks