Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2018, 17:25   #4096
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_Aviator View Post
I have ordered them, they did not have it in stock. As told by the storekeeper they are of two types : one are of fibre and other which are of slightly heavy material. So I ordered the heavy ones as fibre ones are not that strong. Price is same.. Around 16k. Getting delivery of my car today. Side steps will come in 2 to 3 days. Will post the pics then.
Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your new purchase. Wish you thousands of safe and happy miles. Do post the pics of your car.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 21:21   #4097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_Aviator View Post
I have ordered them, they did not have it in stock....
Saw my friends XTA today and he had the side steps fixed, which look really great, unlike the metal one that you generally see. I will post the picture tomorrow.

Last edited by Chillout : 8th May 2018 at 21:22.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 22:25   #4098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your new purchase. Wish you thousands of safe and happy miles. Do post the pics of your car.
Thanks a lot! Guys picked up my car from the showroom today. Its XTA, Tungsten Silver. Got chrome fittings done except the door handle which already has a chrome lining. Went for a drive had great fun driving the car. Saw many people looking back and some even showing others. Felt really proud. Have ordered HUD TPMS too... That will come in 10 days. Thanks to this forum for helping me in taking the right decision. Will post pics tomorrow.
Gary_Aviator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 09:36   #4099
Senior - BHPian

After reading lots of positive reviews of Hexa across different platforms, I wanted to give it a try again, as previous test drive was just to accompany a potential buyer. Got confirmation from the sale rep & dropped in to take a closer look & test drive.

To me, everything inside HEXA felt good, spacious & solid. Seats are very comfortable esp when compared the 2018 XUV. I liked the seating comfort of first generation XUV than the latest generation. Confused with the plastic cladding as side step to get onto the vehicle. Without the additional side step, it would be very difficult for the elders to ingress/egress. Got a nice tap on head as I got on to the drivers seat. Sales rep while trying to fold the center seats, for showing us how to access the last row, misjudged the force at which it came forward. Wish the last row seats goes down completely flat when not in use. Luggage space is much better compared to XUV with all seats up.

I kept spending time around expecting to get a call once they are ready with test drive vehicle. With no signs of call, I requested for one. Was told only available test drive vehicle has gone to their other showroom & will not be available. After couple of days, I crossed the showroom yesterday & pinged them to find out if its available. Now the test vehicle has gone for servicing -:( But they promised to bring the vehicle to my place for test drive.

Last edited by Surprise : 10th May 2018 at 09:37.
Surprise is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 10:14   #4100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Seats are very comfortable esp when compared the 2018 XUV. I liked the seating comfort of first generation XUV than the latest generation.
A man after my own heart, finally. Hence proved, I am not the only one who just didn't like the driver's seat of the new XUV.

I am 5'10" and I drive in a laid back style. So when I set the seat at lowest position, I discovered that the thigh support wasn't just there while it is just awesome with Crysta seat and wonderful with Hexa seat. I mean, firstly the leather seat felt hard, secondly the squab just didn't feel to be set right even after multiple iterations. I was in Mahindra dealership 3 days back to check the XUV and the driver's seat is the place which just didn't click with me.

In fact the one in w9 which has no leather felt a bit better to me.

Quote:
I kept spending time .... bring the vehicle to my place for test drive.
This is the biggest issue with Tata dealers, they even don't bother to follow up at times.

That said, here Mahindra dealers have started an annoying practice I guess, they always do "Sir Mahindra Namaskar" and I always reply "Toyota Namaskar"!!
VKumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 10:30   #4101
BHPian

In my observation, having a manual 4x4, I stick to comfort mode on the highways & with cruise control ON, the drive is amazing. I get a FE of 16 Kmpl at a speed limit of 80 KMPH (haven't crossed the 5K mark on the odo yet). The "rough road" is applied on rough roads alone. My city FE is anywhere between 12 - 13 Kmpl (I toggle between dynamic & comfort).

It could be just me, honestly, I did not like the auto to be more responsive compared to the manual.
m3_07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 11:59   #4102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
In my observation, having a manual 4x4, I stick to comfort mode on the highways & with cruise control ON, the drive is amazing. I get a FE of 16 Kmpl at a speed limit of 80 KMPH (haven't crossed the 5K mark on the odo yet). The "rough road" is applied on rough roads alone. My city FE is anywhere between 12 - 13 Kmpl (I toggle between dynamic & comfort).

It could be just me, honestly, I did not like the auto to be more responsive compared to the manual.
I stick to 'Dynamic' mode in highways, as most the time, at sedate speeds, one will be cruising, and at steady state,all drive modes should give the same FE and it helps to be in D or A mode while overtaking.
Old 10th May 2018, 12:18   #4103
BHPian

Does Hexa XT 4*4 have different gear ratios compared to XT 4*2. Example Duster AWD uses shorter gearing compared to FWD for better off road performance and grade-ability. I searched the HEXA website, tata does not mention gear ratios anywhere.
Old 10th May 2018, 13:54   #4104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys can anyone post the pics of official side steps for Hexa?
Please check the link below, I had posted pics of my Hexa earlier, it should give you some idea of side steps sold at dealerships.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4366009
FirstRay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 15:45   #4105
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Tata has opened the Hexa sales for the Taxi Market. I saw a white XE, registered as a Taxi (yellow board), running around in Hinjewadi, Pune. Must admit I have not seen any before or since.
That large void between the Xylo D2 (preferred taxi variant) and the Crysta GX (again, preferred taxi variant), should be exploited to the hilt by Tata.
Someone had posted pics of a couple of Aria taxi odometers on a public Facebook group some days ago, both chugging along fine at 8,18,596 and 6,30,330 KMs on them respectively, so the operators know that it is an immensely hardy and reliable vehicle, and more comfortable than its competitors at either end.

Last edited by sajo : 10th May 2018 at 15:46.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 16:34   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Looks like Tata has opened the Hexa sales for the Taxi Market. I saw a white XE, registered as a Taxi (yellow board), running around in Hinjewadi, Pune. Must admit I have not seen any before or since.
Are you sure that was a Hexa not a modded Aria looking like Hexa. Reason being TATA thrown this is a USP to customers that Hexa will not be open to commercial market. It will rather be available for personal use to keep up the premium quotient high w.r.t to competition.

Last edited by roby_dk : 10th May 2018 at 16:36.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 16:36   #4107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Are you sure that was a Hexa not a modded Aria looking like Hexa. Reason being TATA thrown this is a USP to customers that Hexa will not be open to commercial market. It will rather be available for personal use to keep up the premium quotient high as compared to competition.
I am 100% sure it was a Hexa, given its registration series was quite new too, and it still had the new vehicle shine.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 16:47   #4108
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure that was a Hexa not a modded Aria looking like Hexa. Reason being TATA thrown this is a USP to customers that Hexa will not be open to commercial market. It will rather be available for personal use to keep up the premium quotient high w.r.t to competition.
Well, TATA has not officially told this anywhere! These were things said to customers by various SAs and as you said, it would really help if they keep it so and maintain the premium quotient.
But then, they also might be tempted to beat the XUV numbers which would be a cakewalk if they open commercial registrations. May sales numbers will definitely give a clearer picture!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 16:55   #4109
A M
BHPian

I'm guessing it could be some premium taxi fleet owner who also run the likes of Camry or Fortuners as taxis.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 16:59   #4110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Looks like Tata has opened the Hexa sales for the Taxi Market. I saw a white XE, registered as a Taxi (yellow board), running around in Hinjewadi, Pune.
Quote:
AFAIK, the dealers are asked to restrict sales to commercial segment. But still, there are ways that a person can choose to buy any car and register as a taxi. I say this because I have seen several examples of Tiago, new Dzire, XUV, Ciaz, new Swift, etc running with yellow plates. It should not be a cause of concern if the numbers are really low, IMO.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed