Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2018, 11:10   #4471

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Two options.

1. Remove the antenna when you park the vehicle and keep it inside it, it takes less than 2 minutes.

2. There are many aftermarket shark fin antennae available, buy one and get it fitted.
Thank you for this.
Have removed the antenna as per option 1. Honestly, was not knowing that the antenna could be removed in such a simple manner.
Old 24th November 2018, 11:20   #4472
BHPian

Taxi operators can buy Hexa now. Prices starts at 12.67 lakhs. Just saw and ad in Tamil weekly magazine. As per the ad, this variant comes with ABS with EBD, Dual Airbags and AC vents in all three rows. Hopefully this will increase the sales as the pricing looks cheaper compared to Innova. Also Tata is slowly gaining the lost respect in the Indian car scene with some quality products.

Good move considering the launch of Harrier is pretty close now.
hema4saran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 04:08   #4473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hema4saran View Post
Taxi operators can buy Hexa now. Prices starts at 12.67 lakhs. Just saw and ad in Tamil weekly magazine.
Zoomcar already has a fleet of Hexa, and that happened way back!
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 09:54   #4474
BHPian

Quote:
Taxi operators can buy Hexa now. Prices starts at 12.67 lakhs. Just saw and ad in Tamil weekly magazine.
Wow. This is completely counter to what Tata had said earlier about not selling to mass market taxi operators in 2015. Funny how things unravel when you leave out important features and functionality from an otherwise good vehicle and don't listen to your potential customers.

See this earlier thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...xi-market.html (Tata's new passenger cars not for taxi market)
rovingeye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 11:09   #4475
BHPian

Quote:
Wasn't the Hexa already made available for fleet purposes? I have seen Hexas being run with yellow boards, almost all of them being XEs. Also, Zoomcar too has a fleet of Hexa XEs.

So now, does it mean that all variants can be bought for fleet operations?
Old 29th November 2018, 14:06   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
Wasn't the Hexa already made available for fleet purposes? I have seen Hexas being run with yellow boards, almost all of them being XEs. Also, Zoomcar too has a fleet of Hexa XEs.

So now, does it mean that all variants can be bought for fleet operations?
I have seen a Hexa XM taxi in Bangalore. I don't think Tata motors had any embargo against taxi purchases for any variant of Hexa.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 17:20   #4477
BHPian

I am looking to buy XT 4X4.
At what stage in the buying process do we come to know the month of car's manufacture?
I don't want to end up with a 5-6 months old manufactured car.
Is it possible for me to ask the dealer to confirm this before I do the booking?
Old 29th November 2018, 17:33   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
I am looking to buy XT 4X4.
At what stage in the buying process do we come to know the month of car's manufacture?
Is it possible for me to ask the dealer to confirm this before I do the booking?
Of course you can.
Ask them for a vin number before you hand over the booking amount. Check the vin & engine number by physically verifying it in the yard. And only then transfer the balance payment.
Old 29th November 2018, 17:37   #4479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure?

If this thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-new-cars.html (Why is Tata Motors deleting features from its new cars?)) is anything to go by, the older car may have more features than the latest model.
Old 29th November 2018, 18:09   #4480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Are you sure?

If this thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-new-cars.html (Why is Tata Motors deleting features from its new cars?)) is anything to go by, the older car may have more features than the latest model.

100% True and the 1st version Hexa's are better than the one's which is being sold as the new one's have lost few features
gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 23:03   #4481
BHPian

Booked XT 4X4 today. Delivery expected in around 15 days.
nvldvr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 04:23   #4482
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations mate

That's one hell of a beast. Can you elaborate about your decision making process. Why not wait until January? With all the hoopla around Harrier launch, did you consider waiting little longer.
Old 5th December 2018, 05:46   #4483
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. Its an amazing vehicle trust me. Even I'm an owner of Hexa and absolutely love it. Wish you many happy miles. BTW what color did you choose?
Old 5th December 2018, 14:27   #4484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Zoomcar already has a fleet of Hexa, and that happened way back!
Tata did have an embargo (rather instructions) to dealers to not sell under commercial license (yellow number plate) for about 12 or 18 months, if I am not mistaken. This did not include commercial vehicles with Black number plates (Zoomcar etc) and they were on the look for them as partners from the start. However, the models available to any commercial owner was restricted to the lowest end XE as well as white colour. Except for Zoomcar who got the Blue colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
The outside temperature is around the 26-29 degrees. Car is parked in the basement and being taken out after a cold start in the mornings. Irrespective of ambient temperature, the AC should cool to the temperature you set isnt it ?
This is definitely an issue with the AC. Nothing to do with the outside temp. One of the owners in the THOR group had this issue which was resolved with the changing of the Blower Unit. You should get it checked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3112 View Post
A freakish development:
Today morning I found car cover on my Hexa as torn near the antenna location and the antenna chewed up (deep canine impressions through out the length of the antenna - see photo). Later found the cause (see photo).
Can never get to know what attracted the beast to the antenna - but is a cause for concern as this is going to repeat. Am posting this development to ]
Isn't that, literally, a dog on the top of your car? :-) In any case, you can easily replace the antenna with a shark fin one. The screw and wiring access is from under the 3rd row cabin lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Here's a surprising niggle I've had - as I mentioned above, I've owned the XTA for about a year now.

From the very beginning, driving at night, I found the High beam weak and the low beam much more pronounced.
Better to stick with higher wattage Bulbs. Just my opinion.
I have the opposite feeling. The low beams are weak and made weaker by the sharp cut-out of the housing. The high beams are pretty good and while I dont drive on high beams ever, they are very good. I am on the look-out for Lightning Dark LEDs myself and will replace them as soon as I get them brought in from the US.

HIDs are definitely to be avoided unless factory fitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNishi View Post
...1. 2.2 Tons of Weight, it is too much for me to take around Bangalore on a daily basis,..........
I don't understand the fist point. You are definitely not going to face any issues in moving around in a 2.2 ton vehicle, because it handles itself very well in traffic. If the issue is the judgement needed to drive a big vehicle in heavy traffic, that is something you will get used to very soon. If the issue is that you are feeling guilty of destroying the environment by driving an SUV, then you may want to buy a sedan... or an electric vehicle. But really, the weight and bulk of the Hexa will not make you feel disadvantaged in any way. I drive it to work every day, and while parking on the car lift took some doing in the first few days, everything else was a joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Are you sure?

I think they are doing this to make the Harrier more attractive to buyers. The Harrier is launching with many important features missing for a premium SUV that the Hexa has already. Hence they are making small changes to the Hexa to make the Haarrier seem more "premium". Missing in the Harrier are:
1. all around disk brakes
2. rear wheel drive
3. Automatic
4. 7 seater
5. 4x4

For an SUV to not have these... its a bummer. But this is just my personal opinion.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 11:48. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 5th December 2018, 23:03   #4485

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
Isn't that, literally, a dog on the top of your car? :-) In any case, you can easily replace the antenna with a shark fin one. The screw and wiring access is from under the 3rd row cabin lights.
It would be helpful if you could share which shark-fin antenna will fit in Hexa (XE)? Is it the one available in Nexon or the after market ones ?

Most Viewed