Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2018, 18:57   #4531
BHPian
 
Strangerintown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 231
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I have covered nearly 5000 kms in my Hexa. All I can say is that I'm really very happy with my choice. Its a wonderful car. I feel that steering has become light now. Initially it was little hard.
I suspect that the work out may have made you stronger and hence the steering feels lighter . Either way, congratulations on a great car!
Strangerintown is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 00:22   #4532
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 68
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I was almost about to take the plunge for a XT 4x4, and then the news of Kryotec 2.0L engine came which is puzzling me. Now here are my few concerns;

1. Will the new 2.0L be available with 4x4?
2. Is it a wiser idea wait for a facelift of Hexa?
3. How does 2.0L (of jeep compass) compare to Varicor 400. (I know it's tough to compare, but still if someone could help, would be great)
4. I intend to keep the car for atleast 10-15 years, so would there be a Diesel ban for engines over 2.0L?
help
sechebe is offline  
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:44   #4533
BHPian
 
nvldvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi/Vizag
Posts: 549
Thanked: 564 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechebe View Post
I was almost about to take the plunge for a XT 4x4, and then the news of Kryotec 2.0L engine came which is puzzling me. Now here are my few concerns;
My views on this.

Demand for 4x4 variant of Hexa is not much. I know this having spoken to quite a few Tata guys at the time of booking my 4x4 XT.

Tata has stated at the Harrier's launch that development costs do not justify launch of a 4x4 Harrier variant.

I therefore feel that Tata may skip the 4x4 variant, if Hexa is launched with a 2.0 ltr engine.

Future of all diesel engines is uncertain, with govt policy flip flops and the highly "knowledgeable" NGT chipping in ever so often. However, a minimum of 10 years of life for the diesel cars bought today is certain, regardless of any policy change even a few years down the line.

So, if your current requirements are urgent and are being met by what Hexa 4x4 XT has on offer, you might as well take the plunge.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:48   #4534
BHPian
 
vishy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 783
Thanked: 2,893 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechebe View Post
I was almost about to take the plunge for a XT 4x4, and then the news of Kryotec 2.0L engine came which is puzzling me. Now here are my few concerns;

1. Will the new 2.0L be available with 4x4?
2. Is it a wiser idea wait for a facelift of Hexa?
3. How does 2.0L (of jeep compass) compare to Varicor 400. (I know it's tough to compare, but still if someone could help, would be great)
4. I intend to keep the car for atleast 10-15 years, so would there be a Diesel ban for engines over 2.0L?
help
1. There is no official confirmation on this one. There is no concrete information on when the Hexa will get the Multijet, let alone the 4x4.

2. No timeline on this part. It's pure speculation again. TATA is quite busy with the Harrier currently. A Hexa facelift is more than 5-6 months away at least.

3. If you compare the 2.0 in the Compass to the 2.2 VARICOR in the Hexa, the VARICOR 400 seems to have a slightly better low end. Although it is the Multijet which revs better and will also promise better F.E. However, the performance of the Multijet in the Hexa will be a different ball game thanks to the extra weight.

4. The future for such bans remains uncertain. One can only hope for the best while buying such cars. However, looking at the current scenario and the fact that the 2.0 could be shoehorned into the Hexa quite late, I suggest you settle for the 2.2. It's not a bad engine at all IMHO.

Most importantly, the 2.0 will drive the prices up significantly considering it could get ancillaries to comply with BS-6 norms and the fact that TATA is paying royalty.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 00:33   #4535
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 68
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I went to the dealer today, but they say I need to pay the revised price effective January 2019 to get 4x4 variant as they have no stock and Tata would allocate only if I place the order. They expect 40k hike in Ex-showroom rates and would translate into higher 46k addl on road. Weird thing is that I will get 2018 manufacture model and may not get the year end discounts. So going by this 4x4 is almost ruled out..

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd December 2018 at 10:07. Reason: minor typo
sechebe is offline  
Old 23rd December 2018, 23:51   #4536
BHPian
 
dhondusaxena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Noida
Posts: 122
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations. We need pics . Wishing you lot of lovely memories with your car.
Acknowledging both comments for the pics. Didn't want to post the pics without the LTD. So here come the pics. Have not yet got the time to do a photoshoot of any sorts, just come random clicks.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181214-1.03.11-pm-1.jpeg
Clicked at the Showroom on the day of booking

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181214-1.03.10-pm.jpeg
Getting the Key

Tata Hexa : Official Review-photo_20181216_155141.jpg
First Wash

Tata Hexa : Official Review-photo_20181216_160417.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-photo_20181222_12073101.jpg
LTD now dons the rear glass. Wish I could buy 5 Stickers of LTD only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Dude, congrats! It's sacrilege not to post the pictures of the beast. Do enlighten us about the deletion of the components
Enjoy the beast, do lookout for upgrading the headlights, especially if you travel by night
Drove on single roads in the hinterlands of western UP. Headlights are a big let down. Even my Manza and also the Tiago has better illumination. Had to drive on high beam all time which I consider absolutely criminal. Have already met the guy who deals in HIDs. Projectors will get HID treatment very very soon.

Some other cons -
  • Place to keep the phone, glass/cup holders
  • Step Ladder should be standard fitment in the design. Hate the after market thing which juts out of the body
  • Push Start Stop Button, key-less entry
  • Grab Handles on A-Pillars to help getting onto the car(maybe because of the Airbags) but still.
  • Roof Rails (The car cleaner had to open the door and grab the handle inside to reach the top)

As far as things removed from the vehicle by TATAs, all things already mentioned in the thread, nothing new amiss at this point.

In other news the 9th TATA Vehicle, Nexon too joined the family today. Younger brother @racsaxen also exchanged his Indica VX for a Nexon XZ+. Pics should be coming in on the Nexon thread soon.
dhondusaxena is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 08:55   #4537
BHPian
 
doxinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 157
Thanked: 529 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
As far as things removed from the vehicle by TATAs, all things already mentioned in the thread, nothing new amiss at this point.so on.
That's the first Hexa I've seen without the rails! Washing the roof remains a hassle. There are after market ones with 3M sticker, please avoid those. The side step looks meaty and blends very well, I should say. Million happy miles ahead my friend

I noticed a black plastic rare side guard. It it standard or an after market.
doxinboy is offline  
Old 24th December 2018, 09:42   #4538
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 508
Thanked: 259 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
I noticed a black plastic rare side guard. It it standard or an after market.
As far as I know its an official accessory from Tata motors. Front and rear bumper protector.
HappyRoadie is offline  
Old 24th December 2018, 10:01   #4539
BHPian
 
dhondusaxena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Noida
Posts: 122
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
That's the first Hexa I've seen without the rails! Washing the roof remains a hassle. There are after market ones with 3M sticker, please avoid those. The side step looks meaty and blends very well, I should say. Million happy miles ahead my friend

I noticed a black plastic rare side guard. It it standard or an after market.
Roof rails are a must. Let me see when I find a good one. The accessories guy at the showroom said roof rails were giving problems and hence discontinued.

I had asked them to keep the side step as inside as possible, looks a good gel but is practically unusable at the moment. Will have to get it readjusted. I like the way Endeavor and Fortuners have it properly done as part of the body and not a aftermarket fitment.

All things on the car at the moment are TGA (Tata Genuine Accessories)
dhondusaxena is offline  
Old 24th December 2018, 11:12   #4540
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post

Have already met the guy who deals in HIDs. Projectors will get HID treatment very very soon.
The reflector assembly is a direct lift from Aria. I had HID on my lows and although it improves brightness (not very significantly though). The issue is the scatter is blinding and i would not recommend HIDs. I have not tried LEDs though

Quote:
Some other cons -
  • Roof Rails (The car cleaner had to open the door and grab the handle inside to reach the top)
Why would you call the roof rails as a con? Excuse my noobness, my understanding is it only adds cosmetic value

Last edited by Shiwik : 24th December 2018 at 11:12. Reason: Missing quote
Shiwik is offline  
Old 24th December 2018, 15:02   #4541
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
The reflector assembly is a direct lift from Aria. I had HID on my lows and although it improves brightness (not very significantly though). The issue is the scatter is blinding and i would not recommend HIDs. I have not tried LEDs though


Why would you call the roof rails as a con? Excuse my noobness, my understanding is it only adds cosmetic value
I have dumped in HIDs for the projectors, and they have been rather brilliant. The spread is fantastic, and there is literally no glare. The LEDs in the fogs are another matter. They a absolutely worthless. I am running Philips Racing Vision in the reflectors, and on the high beam, the reach is unbelievable.

Roof rails are brilliant when you have to set up a roof rack. Else, only act as a garnish.
thedragonreborn is offline  
Old 24th December 2018, 18:54   #4542
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragonreborn View Post
I have dumped in HIDs for the projectors, and they have been rather brilliant. The spread is fantastic, and there is literally no glare. The LEDs in the fogs are another matter. They a absolutely worthless. I am running Philips Racing Vision in the reflectors, and on the high beam, the reach is unbelievable.

Roof rails are brilliant when you have to set up a roof rack. Else, only act as a garnish.
Glad the HIDs work well for you. Mine scattered a lot and i often times got dirty stares from on-coming vehicles.

Regarding the Philips racing vision, are they a stock fit? I mean there is nothing additional to be done like a cutout etc? Any pictures of those would be helpful. Also why did you not try them on the lows? What does it cost for these bulbs?
Shiwik is offline  
Old 26th December 2018, 13:55   #4543
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 380
Thanked: 354 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

One of my colleague need help from Hexa owners,

He booked XTA and first week of January 2019 is the expected delivery. Now he need inputs to decide on Silver/Gold AMC package.

Here are few queries from him
1. What is the regular maintenance cost including consumables like oil, filters?
2. Expected to travel ~15K kms/year. For this usage Gold AMC worth?
3. Any issues faced by fellow owners on Suspension/break pads etc?
4. Anybody in our community got Gold AMC? If Yes, have you satisfied with claim settlement(s)?

Inputs from fellow owners will be highly appreciated!
hillsnrains is offline  
Old 27th December 2018, 10:28   #4544
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
Glad the HIDs work well for you. Mine scattered a lot and i often times got dirty stares from on-coming vehicles.

Regarding the Philips racing vision, are they a stock fit? I mean there is nothing additional to be done like a cutout etc? Any pictures of those would be helpful. Also why did you not try them on the lows? What does it cost for these bulbs?
The Racing Visions are a stock fit, yes. Took all of 10 mins for them to be plugged in. Pull off the rubber housing to stop dust/water etc, remove the original halogens, plug in the Philips, and Bob's your uncle.

I already had the HIDs fit for the low beams. Furthermore, the Racing Vision bulbs run optimally for about 250 hours or so. I don't use the high-beam much and I didn't want the shorter life span of the racing vision bulbs to morph into having to dig out the projector assembly ever so often.

I paid about 2k INR on Amazon to get my pair.

Quote:
Here are few queries from him
1. What is the regular maintenance cost including consumables like oil, filters?
2. Expected to travel ~15K kms/year. For this usage Gold AMC worth?
3. Any issues faced by fellow owners on Suspension/break pads etc?
4. Anybody in our community got Gold AMC? If Yes, have you satisfied with claim settlement(s)?
I do have the Gold AMC. Not sure about its usefulness yet. I have clocked 9k kms in 4 months and will most probably close the anniversary of the car around 30k km.

I have had no maintenance costs so far. Suspension is magical, and spoils you. Brakes work fine. Not as much bite that I would like, but very competent.
thedragonreborn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 14:57   #4545
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HR 51/HR 29
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 4,771 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
One of my colleague need help from Hexa owners,

He booked XTA and first week of January 2019 is the expected delivery. Now he need inputs to decide on Silver/Gold AMC package.

Here are few queries from him
1. What is the regular maintenance cost including consumables like oil, filters?
2. Expected to travel ~15K kms/year. For this usage Gold AMC worth?
3. Any issues faced by fellow owners on Suspension/break pads etc?
4. Anybody in our community got Gold AMC? If Yes, have you satisfied with claim settlement(s)?

Inputs from fellow owners will be highly appreciated!
I have the max coverage 3yr/100k km gold AMC on my Hexa. Total service and maintenance expense till date has been zero. All claim settlements have been instantaneous with no issues whatsoever. 100% peace of mind. My vehicle has done about 55000km. I'll strongly recommend the gold AMC.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (6) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks