Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2019, 09:14   #4576
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I was able to extract the below mileage on my Hexa XM variant in comfort mode with sedate driving around 70-80 KMPH.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190109_130813.jpg
bageherath is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 09:21   #4577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
I was able to extract the below mileage on my Hexa XM variant in comfort mode with sedate driving around 70-80 KMPH.

Fantastic. That's really amazing. Such a high fuel efficiency from a behemoth like the Hexa is definitely commendable.

This is even better than the mileage I get.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 09:34   #4578
BHPian

Hexa AT driven at 100-120 from Bangalore to Vijayawada with AC at 23deg, MID error was around .5km/l.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190104_213513.jpg  

Last edited by damodar : 25th January 2019 at 09:36.
damodar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 18:48   #4579
BMK

Here is how my XE fared over 4.7k kms (of 15k in last 1 year)
Off this about 3.2k (70%) is highway drive rest in BLR traffic
In city, it is ~10.
Tankful calculation shows about a km less though.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-save_20190125_170736.jpeg  

BMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 23:55   #4580
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post

Attachment 1840638
The achievement is great. But the picture seems to be taken while on the move. Let’s not take such risks as it can affect the lives of those sitting inside the car as well as those outside the car. ‘Passenger took the picture’ is also not a proper excuse as we all know one needs to keep the camera/phone very close to steering.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 01:54   #4581
Senior - BHPian

I thought I would react to the previous post, but then thought it’s a personal opinion that is valid to the poster. I do wish however that we stop being such a bunch of sterile, politically correct robots who seem to be obsessed about picking faults in what people do and manufacturers produce.

If I were to nitpick too, the tachometer SEEMS to be at zero. We will never know, unless the OP puts up the un-cropped image, but let us please give him the benefit of doubt.

Live life. Joy hasn’t killed anyone - yet.

Last edited by Steeroid : 26th January 2019 at 01:59.
Steeroid is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 09:18   #4582
BANNED

OFF TOPIC. Not quoting anybody as I find this to be a food for thought for everyone. What does you do when you find someone have achieved something? We congratulate right. But there should be constructive criticisms also to be shared if you find any. That’s the only way a human being can improve, because no one is perfect. What is the outcome of such a criticism? Some people take it as nitpicks/think other people are jealous of him. Some take it as ‘my areas to improve’ and they do take the steps to improve on the same and when they do the job the next time, they would do it in a much better way which makes even ‘the criticiser’ also become a praiser. It all depends on our mindset to take the criticisms in a way to improve ourself.

I have got a number of such constructive criticism from our moderators when they modify or delete my comments in team-bhp which made me to re-read my comments a number of times before posting, have helped me reduce the number of modifications of my comments from the moderators. I believe such nitpicks/criticisms (what would you like to call it?) have made team-bhp a higher quality forum. I hope you have slept by now. Hey WAKE UP

Last edited by pavi : 26th January 2019 at 09:22.
pavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 14:38   #4583
BHPian

Even after the Harrier launch Hexa will be relevant for people who need a proper 7 seater, as an alternative to Crysta. If we look at Land rover Discovery sport it's tough to imagine the upcoming Harrier 7 seater based on the same platform will have better third row seats. Hexa's USP as of now lies in its wonderful AT gearbox and we have owners in our group who have completed 100000km successfully without any issues with it. So anyone looking for a comfortable 7 seater with a great AT gearbox from TATA it's going to be Hexa. Now people who have test driven a Tucson have not given rave reviews about the AT gearbox in its diesel avatar. We have to wait and see how TATA tunes it in the seven seater variant of the Harrier.

Last edited by damodar : 26th January 2019 at 14:43.
Old 26th January 2019, 19:55   #4584
BHPian

Hexa still remains TATA motors' flagship product for the moment. Prices have been hiked, now in the range of ₹12.99lakh - ₹18.16lakh. That too with recent removal of features!

Source-
https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ta...p-model-31491/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
There were December offers and the dealer would have gone ahead and raised an invoice with TATA motors to secure the December offers which is why the warranty starts from the 18th...
...surprised to hear his response "Even you escalate to anyone it would eventually come back to him"
Were you aware of any such offers made by the dealership or the SA? This sounds completely bogus. Warranty should start only from the day of purchase. Do get some form of written communication and highlight on social media if the officials are being arrogant. With Harrier launch and marketing currently in full force, they can't afford any negative publicity.
Old 27th January 2019, 15:35   #4585
BHPian

Tata Hexa prices increased by up to Rs 42k – More expensive than Harrier

Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot_20190127155947_chrome.jpg

Following the recent price revision, the Tata Hexa is once again the company’s flagship model.

Source
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 09:58   #4586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post

Tata Hexa prices increased by up to Rs 42k – More expensive than Harrier

Attachment 1842010

Following the recent price revision, the Tata Hexa is once again the company’s flagship model.

Source
An increase of ₹100 k compared to the launch price of XE model (more than 8% compared to launch price). Will have to check if it is the industry trend or initially the XE model was subsidised. Also, ₹67 k increase for 4x4 translates into less than 4% increase in 2 years.
Old 28th January 2019, 10:54   #4587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Hexa still remains TATA motors' flagship product for the moment.
I had got this news from my sources earlier that Hexa will continue to the be flagship even after Harrier launch which meant that Harrier will be cheaper than Hexa.

You can refer my post 1.5 years ago.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4257733 (Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs)

The other update that I received is Hexa is not dying any time soon. It will receive the BSVI update and will soldier on much beyond 2020.

However, I still don't understand this logic of removing features. If they are hiking the prices, they could have hiked some more but retained all the features.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 11:18   #4588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
However, I still don't understand this logic of removing features. If they are hiking the prices, they could have hiked some more but retained all the features.
Absolutely spot on. Once the initial excitement of the good looking Harrier dies down and the realization starts to dawn on people that the Hexa is better in every (other) way, Tata might find that its still losing customers for being late in upgrading the ICE, adding push button start stop etc. in the Hexa.

I know the Harrier is the new baby in the Tata family and everyone wants to hold him, but they will be better off by refocusing on the bigger brother Hexa, sooner rather than later.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 16:23   #4589
BHPian

Quote:
I had got this news from my sources earlier that Hexa will continue to the be flagship even after Harrier launch which meant that Harrier will be cheaper than Hexa.

You can refer my post 1.5 years ago.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4257733 (Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs)

The other update that I received is Hexa is not dying any time soon. It will receive the BSVI update and will soldier on much beyond 2020.

I hope Hexa does not become the flag ship that no body buys. With this round of feature deletion and cost increase Hexa may loose general market relevance and become an enthusiast only sub 400 a month product.
Old 29th January 2019, 10:30   #4590
BHPian

Quote:
I just had a brilliant () idea why TATA MOTORS is deleting features from the HEXA. Remember when TIAGO XZ+ was launched, some features were removed from the XZ model like Alloy Wheels, 2 Tweeters,etc to differentiate further between the models.

What if TATA MOTORS is planning to launch a XZ/XZA variant of HEXA & wants to do the same while keeping price increase to a minimum?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks