Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2019, 10:51   #4591
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
I just had a brilliant () idea why TATA MOTORS is deleting features from the HEXA.

What if TATA MOTORS is planning to launch a XZ/XZA variant of HEXA & wants to do the same while keeping price increase to a minimum?
I seriously hope your are right. However, that's unlikely. If it were true, we would have heard it by now. I've personally reached out to their customer support team and have received written responses from them saying - there are no plans for any upgrades or new variants in the near horizon.
Old 29th January 2019, 11:31   #4592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
[center]
Tata Hexa prices increased by up to Rs 42k – More expensive than Harrier
Base variant gets highest increase of Rs 42K.
IMO they were selling this at a very thin margin or may be at loss and now with Harrier launch, they may want to hard push this variant to Taxi market and also maintain their margins
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 00:42   #4593
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It is speculated in latest Autocar that pedestrian safety and BSVI norms will get TATA to kill the Hexa.
Old 31st January 2019, 15:32   #4594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
It is speculated in latest Autocar that pedestrian safety and BSVI norms will get TATA to kill the Hexa.
Did they give any reason for the same? How is Hexa a threat to pedestrian safety?
Old 31st January 2019, 17:43   #4595
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
Did they give any reason for the same? How is Hexa a threat to pedestrian safety?
Pedestrian safety requires the front bonnet and bumper to be designed to absorb the impact and crumble such that the pedestrian is saved.

I earlier believed that Hexa met these norms, but ACI seems to feel otherwise. Also they seem to doubt the 2.2 Varicor 400 being BSVI capable.

I tend to not agree with the article though. The Storme too is expected to meet the same fate as per them.

Last edited by ACM : 31st January 2019 at 17:45.
Old 1st February 2019, 00:00   #4596
BHPian

An article published by Autocar India Feb 2019 issue - The last paragraph clearly states about the possibility of Tata killing the Hexa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Pedestrian safety requires the front bonnet and bumper to be designed to absorb the impact and crumble such that the pedestrian is saved.

I earlier believed that Hexa met these norms, but ACI seems to feel otherwise. Also they seem to doubt the 2.2 Varicor 400 being BSVI capable.

I tend to not agree with the article though. The Storme too is expected to meet the same fate as per them.
I on the contrary, think that Autocar India could be quite right. The Hexa platform is basically that of Aria X2 platform, which was introduced back in 2010. Was the X2 developed with respect to pedestrian safety and other active & passive safety attributes?! Maybe not.

Also with the introduction of Harrier & the bigger H7X, does it make sense for Tata to keep 2 different platforms, 2 different powertrains & 2 different automatic transmissions (1 from Punch Powerglide and 1 from Hyundai)?
Especially if Tata has to make significant investments to make the X2 platform meet the crash regulations. Also the 2.2L is a very old engine now which may not meet the BS VI regulations.
Looking at the sales figures of the Hexa, Tata may think its wise for them to just kill the Hexa.
Having said that,I personally think that Hexa has a lot of life left in it. But at the end of the day, it should make financial sense too.

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2019 at 16:14. Reason: Please don't upload scans of copyrighted material
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 08:33   #4597
BHPian

I wanted to give some inputs from a Hexa owners perspective regarding the future of the vehicle and also how relevant it is for TATA today may be in future too.

This is the one of the best 7 seater out there in terms of comfort and lags behind the market leader because of brand perceptions. The way this thing carries people is something else and I can say it's a truly special feeling. What contributes are the large windows, the height from the ground where you look down upon everyone else and also gives a greater field of vision for 2nd row too. A great option for long distance travelling because it's not claustrophobic and in the captain seat version the seating is flexible with individual armrests and superb underthigh support. And which car today gives lumbar support for the captain seats?
The underthigh support for all the seats is phenomenal and for medium height persons even the third row is manageable for long journeys. The excellent suspension does not give you that wavy or bouncy feeling in the third row.
Hexa which was developed from the Aria did seem to have a lot of R&D monies spent to ensure that it's a way better product. And today with around 30k Hexa on the road very few recall that this had evolved from the Aria.

Ever wondered why there are no Hexas available in the used car market even after 2 years of launch? The product could be ridiculed for its low sales numbers but the owners truly know it's value.

As I have posted earlier I am skeptical about the 7 seater version of the Harrier after my experience with Discovery sport, and I believe Hexa will be hard to beat in terms of passenger comfort. Crysta sells 5-6k every month and it is the car to buy for fleet operators and institutional buyers. Hexa still has that window open to be marketed in that sector but given TATA's future focus regarding product development it may not be a priority for them.
Another product from TML which couldn't realise it's full potential.

Last edited by damodar : 1st February 2019 at 08:41.
damodar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 14:34   #4598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Ever wondered why there are no Hexas available in the used car market even after 2 years of launch? The product could be ridiculed for its low sales numbers but the owners truly know it's value.
There are a fair number of Hexas available in used car market at least in Bangalore. Not taking away from the fact that it is a great car.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 14:55   #4599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
There are a fair number of Hexas available in used car market at least in Bangalore. Not taking away from the fact that it is a great car.
My point was that Hexa owners are a satisfied lot, atleast that is what is reflected in our more than 1000 member Hexa owners group on Telegram. So I extrapolated that to the overall Hexa owners as our group size is roughly 3.3% of all the Hexas sold till now.
I would not say that there will be none in the used car market. They could be on sale for reasons other than being dissatisfied with the vehicle. You can see how much importance TATA gives to our strictly owners only group by watching the following video.
This owners meet was fully supported by TATA.
damodar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 16:17   #4600
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hexa owners, don't fret if your car is indeed discontinued. As long as you love it, what difference does it make? All the 3 cars I own are discontinued (well, the Sunny almost is) - who cares. I still love them. In fact, because I love pre-worshipped cars & keep them for long, I've always had a garage full of discontinued cars (Civic, 1st-gen City Vtec, W203 C-Class etc.).

Keep Revvin'
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 17:26   #4601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post

Truth be told, all car owners in Bangalore would sleep better at night if they sold off their cars It has become impossible to thread even a bicycle through Bangalore traffic.

Back to the Hexa: has anyone considered a sturdier bash plate, to replace the plastic one that the car sports out of the showroom, specifically in Mumbai? My drive through some grassy knolls, with hidden gems of stones, around Nashik have cost me the original bash plate.
Old 4th February 2019, 15:34   #4602
BHPian

Car came back from 30,000km service. Bill amount Rs. 770 (excluding water wash charges).
Complaints -
1. squeaky noise from boot door (sporadic), felt the plastic cladding was little loose. It is now tightened.
2. there was squeak from AC vent (front) some time back, again happened only once (had shot a video), after that don't remember hearing it again. Though i made a complaint, asked them not to touch it.

Asked the SA to update software for auto folding of OVRM. It is now enabled, but would like know if there's an option to switch off the auto fold option? One strange thing i heard was, service centre has been advised to enable the feature only to those who request for it and not proactively for all cars. don't know why.

Just before handing over the car for service, did a 400km day trip. On the way back drove it faster than my usual speeds. car felt awesome to drive and potholes were just gobbled up with ease. Absolute comfort to the occupants and it also did a great job of masking the speed.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 18:54   #4603
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
It is now enabled, but would like know if there's an option to switch off the auto fold option?
This is interesting, why do you want it switched off?

The bill amount is indeed very nice to the eye, how was the ASC experience in terms of cleanliness, parking space etc? Were you with the car when it was being serviced?
Old 5th February 2019, 11:25   #4604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is interesting, why do you want it switched off?

The bill amount is indeed very nice to the eye, how was the ASC experience in terms of cleanliness, parking space etc? Were you with the car when it was being serviced?
Option to switch off

1. It is available in Santa Fe i that i recently drove.
2. As of now, i fold the mirrors only when it is parked in parallel to road (i.e. whenever i see a risk of it being nudged).
3. Practical scenario - Sometimes while going for purchase or ferrying luggage in/out of the car, i end up locking/unlocking the car multiple times and i don't want the mirror to fold/unfold.

With regards to service experience:

My expectations from ASC are very functional and i always believe in building personal rapport with sales advisor and mechanics, till now (not only with TATA) it has worked. In my last 2 years of my relationship with TAFE Access in Chennai, i find their service/follow up quite good.
Cleanliness - visitors lounge is just okay (honestly don't have experience with Toyota or Hyundai service), so not able to compare. But shop floor was clean and I mostly visit the floor while the work is happening and the staff/mechanic are courteous always.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 16:54   #4605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Option to switch off

3. Practical scenario - Sometimes while going for purchase or ferrying luggage in/out of the car, i end up locking/unlocking the car multiple times and i don't want the mirror to fold/unfold.
It unfolds only when you switch on the ignition and not when you unlock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks