Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2019, 08:09   #4711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Here is the brochure of updated Hexa.
7. Below are the dual tone colour combinations.
Attachment 1863375
It's really sad that Tata is forcing customers to buy dual tone Hexa. I personally did not like any combination. Tungsten Silver and the Bronze/Brown colors look stunning on the Hexa. Is there a mole in Tata's design team, who is sabotaging the image. 😀 (Too much political drama binge watching effects)
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 08:31   #4712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
Dude, you took hexa over the sands??

I did a trip to Sum, Rajasthan two months ago. I did not risk running XT 4x2 (that too with 19 inch rims). We ended up doing an all wheel drive camel ride instead .

Would you share how did she perform on the dunes?
Amazing is the word to say at the least. Initially, I was a bit hesitant to go all guns and take her in the sand, especially it being an XM 4X2, but I took the plunge, solely depending upon the Rough Rode mode and the awesome 16 inchers. No wheel spin at all at any point in time. Would have loved to share some pics but I still have permissions issue.

And deserts is Osian are no slouch either, 1-3 inch sand at places. The only point is Osian is not a full fledged desert. It marks the beginning of Thar, and hence, sand is a tad bit lesser there. Am sure Sam in Jaisalmer has even deeper sands and I would hesitate to take her there unless 4X4.
shivathedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 14:03   #4713
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Any reviews of the updated ICE in the 2019 Hexa ? Is tata willing to offer it as an upgrade to existing customers ?
Old 27th March 2019, 18:07   #4714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Any reviews of the updated ICE in the 2019 Hexa ? Is tata willing to offer it as an upgrade to existing customers ?
I read on twitter, a customer of existing Hexa had asked tata motors the same question that is if the updated ICE can be installed in old hexa to which they replied that its not possible. So I think that we all will have to live with the ICE that is in our car.

Regards
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 18:19   #4715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
So I think that we all will have to live with the ICE that is in our car.
I'm sorry to hear that. This is the exact reason I'm holding off on buying the Hexa. They are making essential, incremental updates to the car and not making those updates backward compatible.

These updates are due too:

1. Push button start/stop
2. Electrical seat adjustments
3. Heated/cooled seats (this one's good to have)
4. AWD + AT option

God knows when Tata will add these to an otherwise superb car.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 21:06   #4716
BHPian

Will the below Hella Chrome Trumpet horn set fit in Hexa without any modifications to the wiring ? Is it similar to OEM horn in dimensions ? Please provide your suggestions.

https://www.amazon.in/Hella-00772888...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Old 27th March 2019, 21:59   #4717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
4. AWD + AT option
I strongly doubt whether they will upgrade the Hexa with these features. AT+AWD definitely might have a positive impact in the sales though, especially because I have read in the Harrier thread that no 4x4/AWD Harrier is on the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabhu View Post
Will the below Hella Chrome Trumpet horn set fit in Hexa without any modifications to the wiring ? Is it similar to OEM horn in dimensions ?
I personally kind of really liked the sound of OEM horn in the Hexa. Is it really necessary to upgrade the horn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
So I think that we all will have to live with the ICE that is in our car.
Most of the social media handles are done by their IT teams, so I think its better to get a proper update from the service centres, may be after a month or two, once they start receiving the updated Hexa.
Old 28th March 2019, 10:41   #4718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
I personally kind of really liked the sound of OEM horn in the Hexa. Is it really necessary to upgrade the horn?
I personally feel the amount of sound produced is low from OE horns. Also, I never saw commuters on the road give way for my Hexa when I honk. I believe they might not get a feel that there is a big vehicle behind them due to low horn sound.
Prabhu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 10:55   #4719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post

4. AWD + AT option

With the Buzzard/Cassini in focus as the next major launch product, I would think Tata would throw in all the above features into it, rather than on the Hexa. To corroborate this, TML have mentioned that the Buzzard/Cassini will be their most premium product, yet.

An analogy of sorts, if it can be called - when the Hexa was launched, TML put the AT on it to go along as the premium feature but so many of us wanted the AT on the existing Storme as well.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 11:07   #4720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
I strongly doubt whether they will upgrade the Hexa with these features. AT+AWD definitely might have a positive impact in the sales though, especially because I have read in the Harrier thread that no 4x4/AWD Harrier is on the cards.
The clamour for AT + AWD in my opinion is a useless argument. In practicality, none of us need an AWD, but want to flaunt it. AWD is only useful in places of snow, slush, mud, etc., and any owner will not take a 20Lac car into such places for fear of damage and repairs - unless he/she is an adventure junkie who goes on such expeditions all the time. Even such people prefer pre-owned.

So 90% of owners don't need the AWD. It just inflates the price of the car, and the 10% demand does not justify the cost of homologation and limited production.

I think the Hexa will sunset when BS-6 kicks in, to be replaced with the Cassini
smsrini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 12:58   #4721
BHPian

Got through this article from CarDekho. Hexa sales figure is at the bottom end of the table with just 280 units in the month of Feb 2019. Tata Harrier, however, is climbing the charts.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...3437.htm?amp=1
Old 28th March 2019, 15:34   #4722
Senior - BHPian

http://forum.autocarindia.com/topic/...comment-171434

Here you go, Hexa with 17(or 16?) inch Aria wheels and 7 inch touchscreen spotted at a Tata dealership.

Last edited by PrideRed : 28th March 2019 at 15:42.
Old 28th March 2019, 16:01   #4723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
The clamour for AT + AWD in my opinion is a useless argument. In practicality, none of us need an AWD, but want to flaunt it. AWD is only useful in places of snow, slush, mud, etc., and any owner will not take a 20Lac car into such places for fear of damage and repairs - unless he/she is an adventure junkie who goes on such expeditions all the time. Even such people prefer pre-owned.

So 90% of owners don't need the AWD. It just inflates the price of the car, and the 10% demand does not justify the cost of homologation and limited production.

I think the Hexa will sunset when BS-6 kicks in, to be replaced with the Cassini
Honestly, I never thought that an AWD can be used to flaunt/show off. If that is true, one can buy a 4X4 decal easily available online and stick to their cars.

I do not agree with your point that one would not take a 20 Lakh+ car to such places just for the fear of repairs and damages. If you are scared to take such a heavy duty vehicle off the road just for the fear of damages, I don't know what vehicle would be preferred for such scenarios. In that case, not only AWD capability but the complete car becomes a piece to flaunt/showoff and not actually test it through severe circumstances.
shivathedude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 16:10   #4724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
Got through this article from CarDekho. Hexa sales figure is at the bottom end of the table with just 280 units in the month of Feb 2019. Tata Harrier, however, is climbing the charts.
Our very own Team-BHP carries a much more detailed analysis

Below image for quick reference from the entire Tata stable, for Feb'19:-

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 5371
Size:  159.6 KB

The entire commentary can be found here.
Old 29th March 2019, 01:06   #4725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Our very own Team-BHP carries a much more detailed analysis

Below image for quick reference from the entire Tata stable, for Feb'19:-

Attachment 1863822

The entire commentary can be found here.
The point remains same, Hexa is turning out to be a sales dud, no matter which portal we look at. :banghead:

Though I love my Hexa and enjoy every bit of it, feel sorry for such a great product biting dust.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks